Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Willoughby/lackadaisy)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline wild / jet [PM] Posts: 85 — Threads: 12
Signos: 1,300
Day Court Scholar
Female [she/her]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 28  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jane listens to Willoughby attentively, although one part of her attention is pulled in the direction of her carer. She really hopes that Hardison won’t notice. She will definitely blow this way out of proportion and then Jane will probably go another three months without seeing another soul. So Jane clings gently to this interaction and keeps her voice somewhat low. “I think you’re smart,” Jane smiles, “Those others don’t know what they’re talking about.”

It occurs to Jane that this interaction is exactly that which Willoughby has been describing. It is unlikely that the two of them will ever meet again, and if they do it will have been years. After this, Jane is to join the Day Court and although her interactions will now include those of her own age, it is going to have been Willoughby that gave her that step into that world. It was a breath of fresh air to be around Willoughby, as every added interaction only compounded the fact that Jane was probably safer than she had ever been. 

“I have never seen any pretty birds,” Jane laughs. “Don’t get me wrong, I’m by no means insecure.” When she speaks of safety, Willoughby’s glance goes up the slopes to where Hardison is still eating. She will glance over soon, Jane thinks. She takes the job of Jane’s protector seriously. “I agree with you. Even though I annoy Hardison and she annoys me back, it would be hard for me to claim that she has no value. I know I’d probably be dead or worse without her.”

“Novus…” Jane chews the word. She knew that this was where she was heading. But it’s different to hear the word said by an inhabitant rather than a politician. In the words of the court it is chilled and lifeless. Not here. “I am going to the Day Court. I don’t even know anything about it except that I have a cousin there.”

@tag | speaks

Messages In This Thread
RE: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Willoughby/lackadaisy) - by Jane - 01-02-2021, 07:21 AM