Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - all i know is i won't go speechless

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 164 — Threads: 28
Signos: 385
Inactive Character

Katniss understands the mare, perhaps more than she lets on. She knows how the seaside can call to someone. She knows that imaginary pull that draws you somewhere and you can’t really explain it. She often felt that way when she walked by the creek. She often wondered if Metaphor’s soul still dwelled here in Novus and he was calling her closer to remind her that he still loved her. But tonight, her heart could not ache for Metaphor. She had cried all the tears she could over his death. Now she had to move on. “I understand that feeling.” Her tone is soft, her voice fading into the sounds of the waves crashing against the sand.

When she speaks again, telling Katniss that maybe it was fate that brought them together tonight. Fate. Katniss often wondered if she believed in such a thing. Fate was cruel. Fate tore her and Metaphor apart only to bring them together once more. As if that hadn’t been bad enough, it had been fate that allowed him to die while she still lived on, a shell of the person she once was. Fate was cruel, she hated fate. “Perhaps so.” She offers the other a soft smile, trying to hide the war that raged on inside.

She looked out to the sea once more, looking out as the moonlight seemed to reflect against the waves. The sound was soothing and Katniss wondered if she was really meant to live in the sea. But the mare’s words catch her attention and she turns back to her. “Aye…” Night Court. Yes, she was from there. But here at the sea, she was so far away from home. It was another reminder that she needed to return home. “My name is Katniss.” She leaves out the part that she is champion of battle. Titles were made up to make lines between the wealthy and the poor. They divided kingdoms and Katniss only wanted unity. So as she has always been, Katniss will always introduce herself as just Katniss.

But there is something about the other that strikes her curiosity. She’s new. She doesn’t smell of the might markets or of the mountains. In fact, her scent is pretty neutral all together. “Are you new? Perhaps on your way there?” If anything, Katniss is always welcoming. “I can show you the way, if you want.” Katniss always wanted to be that friendly face that people remembered. She wanted to be the face that people could depend on, that shoulder to cry on, that backboard to bounce ideas off of. Yes, Katniss wanted to be the friend that everyone needed, perhaps not that everyone wanted, but the one they would need in times of heartache and tribulation.

@Salome

Messages In This Thread
all i know is i won't go speechless - by Katniss - 01-03-2021, 08:18 PM
RE: all i know is i won't go speechless - by Katniss - 01-13-2021, 07:16 AM