Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - A Return to Dawn

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

This flaming guardian could be your worst nightmare...

Sol snorted as he danced through the grasses. He had been away from his court for some time, having went back to his childhood herd to try to right his many wrongs. Sliding to a stop, he shook his massive head and shuffled his double wings. The scents of the courts that he claimed as home danced through his nose as golden eyes took in the world. It was hot, the depths of summer and the ebony, gold, and white stallion relished the heat. The stallion pawed at the rocks that he had stepped upon, watching the flames dance across the surface before disappearing.

Dipping his midnight muzzle to the surface of the creek, he took several deep draws to quench his thirst. The shire mix was tempted to take to the skies, but there was a part of him that was enjoying the feel and scent of the Dawn Court around him. Ears swiveled as he took in any and all creatures that were around him. Illuster Meadow was the place that he had first arrived in the court so long ago and he felt a sense of belonging wash over him. Sol was a different stallion in many ways. He had matured and come into himself further. While he had missed the silly alien creature, it was something that had needed to be done for many years.

"Bel... I wonder what the time has brought for you as well..." He murmured softly as he gazed around him. That would be one of the next things in his plan. He wanted to see the small creature. See what had happened. If she and her little sister had become closer. How the bond with her companion creature had developed. As his thoughts traveled to the pale creature, he realized how he longed for her company.

"First, I need to figure out the changes that have happened while I was away." He stated firmly, eyes glittering as he once again took in the world around him.

"Speaking"
@
Notes: The fiery butthead is back!

CREDIT to Miss Sparkle (offsite)

Played by Offline lackadaisy [PM] Posts: 105 — Threads: 19
Inactive Character

With events in Novus being as they were, Willoughby felt stifled by the city walls. She once more would wander, as was her way, in no particular direction. Outside of Delumine was her goal, but somehow she found herself in this meadow. Yes, she had been here before. Yes, she knew the way out but today... She felt unnaturally whimsical. Airy. She lacked her awareness more than usual.

The maiden almost tripped over her hooves a few times, feeling akin to drunkenness. The fresh air would do her some good after the city. Breathing deeply, Willoughby would flicker around the meadow and follow the scent of flowers. She bent her head over a small patch of sunflowers, a slight chuckle on her lips. It was then she noticed a more ebony shape a few trots away.

She didn't lift her ear, but her ears would flick in his direction. She'd never seen him before but he looked like he belonged here... Perhaps a member of the court? Still, she would not bother him. Lately, Willoughby had noticed some equines didn't want to randomly chat. As much as she wanted to be friendly, she withheld. 

“speech”

if you don't want to see me dancing with somebody new

Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

Sol flicked his ears as he heard another within hearing distance. Turning to face the other equine, he dipped his head in greeting and took a few steps closer. It was another pegasus, mare by the scent of her. The fact that she was another of the winged group made him smile and he stretched his own for a few seconds before tucking them back in and making sure that they were neatly settled. She was smaller than he, though that was not as much of a surprise since he was absolutely massive. 21 hands was a lot of bulk to maneuver at times.

"Hello. I am Sol." His deep voice caressed the grasses like velvet as he spoke, his usually gruff demeanor tucked away as he spoke. He was in a very good mood and there was no need to be grumpy when he wanted to speak to someone. The trip back to his original herd had been chaotic at best and now he wanted to settle back in where he felt at home and get back to life as he knew it.

Resting a rear hoof, he waited for an answer patiently. If she didnt want to speak, that was fine as well. But it never hurt to be polite and introduce oneself to a new face.

"Speaking"
@Willoughby
Notes: ---

Inactive Character

“Hello” she would say to the man, looking up at last. It would be apparent he wished to talk with her, and she was only too eager to converse. Introducing himself as Sol, she dips her head politely. “my name is Willoughby” the maiden replies, smiling. She notes he is a stark difference; her with her light and him with his dark. Both had wings though.

“Do you live in Delumine?” she asks Sol. She had a fleeting idea to gather information about all the citizens of the courts. No reason outside of loving different opinions. Willoughby knew when winter came, she'd have to make a decision about living in city walls. It was safer, true, especially when it came to nourishment and having a roof over her head. She'd never been alone in winter.

“speech”

Dusk Court Blacksmith

Sol beamed at the mare, golden eyes glittering. "It is a pleasure to meet you." He said warmly, his voice rich with happiness. It was such a relief to be home once again. To be around others that were willing to hear him out without calling for blood at his past mistakes. The mare before him was striking in her pale colors, almost reminiscent of sunrise.

"I do, though I have been away for quite some time. Are you from around here?" He asked, curious to know more about the mare. He could only imagine the numbers that might have changed in his absence. Was she a new member? Heck, was she one that he had been oblivious to since he had royally sucked at meeting others when he was last home? He would have remembered a lovely face such as hers had he had the pleasure of making her acquaintance.

"Speaking"
@Willoughby

Inactive Character

“I just arrived in Novus, actually” she confesses to Sol, shaking her head with a chuckle “a few weeks prior.” And so much had been done in those weeks. Though she had been in Novus during the spring, she had stuck to her teacher and they hadn't ventured very much. Willoughby only considered herself part of the land when she was able to roam by herself.

“I belong to no court” she adds “I am a bard by trade, and a wanderer I suppose” which was a simple way of saying she hadn't a reason to settle down yet. Still, she didn't dwell on her lack of purpose for long “what do you do for your people, Sol?” she asked the man with a tilt of her head. If she had to guess, he was large enough to be a sturdy battler... or carry many things. So a soldier or a merchant?

“speech”

Dusk Court Blacksmith

"Well, while it is late... Welcome to Novus. It has become a home to me in the time that I have been here, a refuge to the lost soul that I once was." Stark truth without going into the once terrible being that he had been. And he had grown up dramatically in the time that he had been a part of this realm. He was no longer raging at the world, at himself, for mistakes of the past. Sol was finally growing into the stallion that he could be.

Sol nodded as he listened to her words. "I spent my time as a wanderer before coming here. While the freedom was wonderful, I have found that having a place to belong is a nice thing as well. Perhaps not for all, but some." He laughed softly, thinking of a certain stallion that could not be tied to the world outside of the tiny creature that he loved. A momentary curiosity welled and he wondered where they had disappeared to.

"When I joined, I decided to become a merchant. Though I will say that I make a poor merchant." He snorted with amusement. "I havent had the chance to really decide what types of wares to sell, what services would benefit those around me." His mind strayed to possibilities and he filed them away to dwell upon later. "I was raised as a warrior, but after I left my first home... I found that I couldnt stomach hurting another being anymore." He explained, realizing that it was true as he spoke the words. Sol hadn't really thought about the reasons behind the switch before that sentence and he was suddenly feeling more right with his decision.

"Speaking"
@Willoughby

Inactive Character

“Thank you, Sol” she dips her head gratefully to him, listening to his words attentively. He was indeed a merchant, a 'lost soul' like she will be called soon enough by a goddess. “Novus has treated me well thus far” she says to him “nobody has been cruel to me, though I confess some have lacked some basic manners.” Some thought her a fool, others thought her weak... Odd, even.

But she tried not to focus on what they thought. It was not important. “Instead of weapons or anything that could be hurtful to others” Willoughby went on, musing out loud “you could sell medicine, jewelry or defensive gear?” Like Galileo, Sol had been a warrior once upon a time. She wondered how many in Novus knew how to fight, and if she should ever consider learning some basics. “perhaps even food and drink.”

Goodness knew that merchants were critical to the economy. “It won't be as popular as weapons and armor, but you'd be doing a good service?”

“speech”

Dusk Court Blacksmith

Sol couldnt help the snort. He had met a few that could fit that description. While it had been time since he had been back in his home, he had a feeling that those figures had largely stayed the same. "Oddly enough, I can say the same regarding manners. Particularly when I first arrived in Novus. I think that a lot of horses get better as you get to know them. I know I do." He snorted at himself at that one, knowing that many found him gruff and a bit hard to speak to at times.

Sol mulled over her suggestions, taking time to try to decide on the merits of each. "Armor could quite the area to get into, as could medicines. I dont know that I would go into the world of culinary sales... Not really my forte. I tend to be better at eating then selling when food is around." He chuckled. She had given him much to think about and a real drive to become a better merchant.

"Enough about me." He grinned, shaking his head. "Where are you from? What do you do when you arent making a giant feel better?" He asked, truly wanting to know more about her.

"Speaking"
@Willoughby