Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - would we be better off by now if i'd let my walls come down

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

The stars are alive, child! Did you know that? Everything out there is alive, and there are grand purpose abroad!

I had been awoken early one morning. One of the young monks fluttering nervously around my door. "come in then" I invited gently, standing up from the mossy bed. He had come to deliver a letter, which was strange. I wasn't sure I'd ever received one. I nearly wept with joy when I read it's contents. He was going to try. He was trying, and that alone was enough. I waited for the full moon with baited breath, and when it came I prepared. 

Picoro wove my mane into a long cascading braid, weaving in lavender and thyme every few strands, and then doing my tail to match. I had one of the healers rub oil's onto my pelt, to give it a false sheen, and hide it's dullness. I hadn't done so much in a long time, not since I'd ruled crucis. Though I tried to keep my hopes low, I was buzzing with excitement. 

Because I was well, and because it was nice, I decided for the first time to go down without a guide, to test Yara and Mithra, to see if they'd come far enough to help me themselves now. "Steady" I commanded them, a tremble in my voice, as we started the descent. There were a few rocky moments, where Mithra tried to dart off after birds on the cliffside. But, we made it down without any major stumbles. They were both heavily praised at the bottom, and even Picoro seemed to hold a glimmer of pride for them.

We made our way towards the sea as quickly as I could manage, fearing we would be late. The sun was sinking dangerously close to the horizon. But soon I could see the sea before me, hear the waves crashing upon the shore. and... Willow trees. That didn't belong there. |I stopped in my tracks for a moment, blinking slowly in confusion, before making my way towards them. I ducked slowly under hanging branches. 

I looked up to see a beautiful scene set out. Flowers scattered all over, pelts and rugs fit for royalty laid over the sand. and Rhone right in the middle of it. I'd be lying if I said the journey down the mountain, and to the sea hadn't been tiring, and so I didn't wait to settle into the soft pelts underfoot, while the girls wasted no time running off into the surf. "Rhone I...." I stopped, still breathtaken by his efforts. "This is beautiful. How did you have time to do all this?" 

@Rhone

@Luvena

Messages In This Thread
RE: would we be better off by now if i'd let my walls come down - by Luvena - 01-14-2021, 11:56 PM