Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - would we be better off by now if i'd let my walls come down

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

While Rhone didn’t pretend to know why she needed the help of a guide, he certainly did not ask the question. He had not lived in Denocte or toured their mountains. He did not pretend as if he knew the dangers that lingered I the corners of Denocte. He knew Terrastella like the back of his hand. While he had been other places in Novus, he hadn’t spent much time in Denocte. Sure, he’d been there for a festival or two, but never spent enough time there to really learn the layout of the land.

So instead, he offered her a soft and tender smile. "I’m sure they don’t mind helping. But at least I’m happy you made it down safely." He wasn’t sure what he would feel like if she had hurt herself trying to get to him. While he had promised her that he would try to make the relationship work, he could not say with any certainty that he loved her but he almost certainly would be crushed if she were to get injured or died.

At her compliment, he looked down at the sand. He did not cover himself with oils or put herbs in his hair. He didn’t have a bonded like she did. "I’m afraid I have no one to help me so I cannot make myself nearly as presentable as you are." Some days he wondered what it would be like to have someone to talk to all the time. Perhaps it was good that he didn’t have anyone. He couldn’t let them down if they didn’t exists. And having one just to put lavender in his hair was such a waste. If he was to have a bonded, it would have to mean something more than just a friend to him.

He let the conversation end there, not feeling like unloading his inadequacies on her. It didn’t seem right. He was happy she had her bonded and her pets. She had constant company and she deserved every moment of that. He was happy for her.

Thoughts were interrupted when she began to speak, talking about how she needed to find another place more dramatic than this for their next outing. "You don’t have to do that. I am a simple man with simple tastes. I don’t require extravagance." She did not have to do anything special. He just wanted this first date to be special, to show her that he was trying. He wanted her to feel that he was trying. He doubted he could keep topping this, so he had already told himself he wouldn’t try. Hopefully, when she realized the next date was less extravagant, she might not be too upset. Perhaps she would just know he was trying to be there for her, even if it didn’t involve create a grove right here where the sand bet the grass.

He began to float some of the apples and carrots his way, letting them plop into his mouth where he chewed them quietly. "Tell me about your friends." He motioned to the canines who played happily in the ocean. He hadn’t seen them before, but he knew they must be important to her. And if they were important to her, then they needed to be talked about.

@Luvena

Messages In This Thread
RE: would we be better off by now if i'd let my walls come down - by Rhone - 01-26-2021, 02:41 PM