Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - And the Hounds Do Bay!

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
Oooh-ooooooooohhhhhhhhh The call had the mare pause, unfamiliar with the sound, as her finned ear flicks towards it, eyes blinking, before they searched the land around her for the source of the noise. Her primary eyes scouted the majority of the area around her, the secondary, back pair attempting to get a clear view of behind her, turning her head slightly to check her own blind spots. The call sounded again, this time deeper, lower, harmonized between the first, and a second creature. Bel's heart started to quicken, uncertain by what it was. Her tail whisked through the air, before started to head deeper into the Plain, away from what ever that sound was.

The call came again, closer and to her right. Her eyes spun in that direction, and atop her back, her bonded sat up straight, determined, worried, Caution, Treader? I fear something is stalking us, and I'm not as powerful on my own when we're not in the water. And you have no fighting experience. Bel scoffed softly, even as she smiled back at her bonded, "Relax, Yuki-love. I'll be fine! I've outswam a Kraken! I've headed off a hammerhead. I'll be okay. But . . . just in case, let's avoid the area." She offered, and started to trot off again, before a sudden growl halted her, as a large, thick furred creature stepped out in front of her. Bel froze for a moment, even as Yuki straightened up and screeched back, ice crystals crackling angrily, Bel took a step back as sharp fangs flashed in this creature's muzzle, and she silently heard Yuki's plea for her to run whispered through their bond. Bel nodded, spinning to take off, only for another creature to block her path, snapping at her ankles.

A shriek left the mare's muzzle, the sound a high pitch mix between a whale's cry and a dolphin's screech of warning. She spun away from the two hungry creatures, dodging a second lunge from the newest beast. Leaping over it's back, Bel took off, unaware she was being herded by the two creatures, even as Yukime tried to warn her through the bond. It was when the first got too close that Yukime abandoned her perch, launching at the creature with fangs wide open, and claws extended, the ice surrounding her collar and head seeming to sharpen natural as she attacked to drive the creature off. It would be mistake as Bel froze to call her back, and in that moment, the second creature lunged, catching Bel's back leg and hip, claws ripping through skin and the blubber underneath.

A second cry left Bel, as she herself whipped her head around, her jaw opening wider than normal (an action usually limited to hunting for fish in the depths) as razor sharp teeth, curved back, caught into the neck and back of her attacker. The creature yelped in response as Bel ripped it off from her, using her tail to smack it away with the flat of her fluke. Her leg screamed however, buckling and forcing her to stand on three limbs as blood dripped down the ivory and cyan fur. The first creature was now running away, whimpering as it escaped a frenzied serpent, and Yuki turned towards Bel, her eyes going wide at the injury before clacking her icycles angrily at the returning wolf still hoping for an easy meal. Bel whinnied, the sound a little higher than normal, a little more stressed as she primed her tail for another whack if need be. Yukime had other plans however, as the serpent twisted her body, pushing off with her forearms and leaping at the creature who smelled of her bond's blood. Teeth and claws met teeth and claws as two predators rolled and fought for control, and the moment that Yukime rolled the wolf close enough, Bel let out a shriek to warn her bonded away (an action instantly obeyed, and her tail slammed down with all the power the thick appendage had for diving and swimming through the depths and currents. A snap was heard before the wolf yelped and ran, limping after it's already escaping partner.

Bel turned to Yukime, stepping towards her bonded, only for her leg to give out under her, almost sending her to the ground, she only just barely was able to keep her feet beneath her. BEL! Her bonded's voice over their connection had Bel offering a reassuring smile, even as she laid down at her bonded's urging, wincing as the serpent touched the ravenged flesh, inspecting the deep claw marks on her legs, her hip. Bel winced faintly, looking at the wound and offering a faint smile, "Well, at least I'm not with the pod anymore. I'm pretty sure this would be a serious enough injury for banishment." She commented with grim humor in the situation, silently cursing her complete lack of knowledge for any healing, even as the vapors from her spine lowered in temperature, soothing cold water vapors easing the pain as the water molecules settled on her pelt to hydrate her, as well as beginning to slowly wash the blood away, leaving tiny streams of red-tinted water criss crossing over her limb, helping Bel see the wind a little better, and grimacing. "Be honest Yukime, how bad does it look?" The bonded was nudging the flesh, sniffing it slowly, before serpentine tongue helped to lick the blood away, grimacing at the taste of her bonded, You won't lose the leg, but it will take time to heal . . . but we need to find you a healer . . . . Don't give me that look Treader. You could easily find yourself in dangerous waters with a wound like that . . . . But for now, rest. Perhaps rest will give you the strength to return to Terrastella. Later, we need to work on your defense, though. I turn my back for a few moments, and you're down for the count. Your time on earth has clearly weakened you Treaders. Bel made a face at the serpent, before dropping her head to her limb, eyes narrowed at the wound, "Fine, a little rest. But not too much. It'll get better if I use it. You either walk off the wound . . . or you're no longer useful." She could almost hear the heartless tone Ice Shard used when he told her those very words about her own sister, but it's hard to ignore the way you're raised . . . and Bel had been raised in that environment for a lot of years.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Luvena
Notes:: Let's do this! Time for some character development for Bel, and healing practice for Lu

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

The stars are alive, child! Did you know that? Everything out there is alive, and there are grand purpose abroad!

She watched from the bushes, where she hid in silence. Terrified to move even a muscle, she stood tensed, trying desperately to quell the ever present shake in her legs. She wanted desperately to step out and help, but she stood no chance against the wolves, and would do no good for anyone dead. She kept herself from wincing as one of the dogs latched on to the woman's haunch. She was ever thankful that neither Yara or Mithra were with her, both having run off that morning to tumble around at the lake she presumed. Though they could probably take the creatures, she wasn't sure if they would. 

Finally it was over, with the woman driving off her attackers. Slowly Luvena crept out from the brush. She couldn't see the wound well from where she was,  but she ccould see that the mare was hardly bearing weight on it, and the blood that came down in rivulets with the water. She picked up her uneven pace as she watched the woman ease herself to the ground. 

Just in time to hear the tail end of the womans words, Luvena shook her head sharply. "Whoever told you that gives bad advice" she retorted. She hoped that it would be plain to see why she hadn't come out to help earlier.  "I'm a medic, Luvena, I can take a look, if you'll let me" she offered it with a question, but she hoped desperately that the woman would say yes. it wasn't a terrible wound, but anything made by another creature could quickly succumb to a nasty infection, which wouldn't do her any good. 

Already she was dragging her hoof through the earth beneath them, thinking that with the mountains nearby, perhaps there would be some clay suitable for a poultice.

@Below Zero

@Luvena

Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
The mare stilled at the rustle of the nearby foilage. Next to her, Yukime stood taller, her forelimbs propping up her body as her eyes narrowed on the world around them, searching out what it was making noise. When a small mare broke through, both aliens froze for a moment. Yukime clanked the ice shards at her collar, her crown and muzzle together in a threatening crackle, her dual sets of eyes narrowing, all four staring down the mare. Bel was a bit more relaxed, taking in the approaching creature, even as she opened her muzzle to take in the scent, a mixture of breathing in through her nares, and taking the scent to the roof her mouth like a reptile. Not of dusk court, but of a court . . . . Night if she remembered correctly from when she'd spent time their for a past festival. She raised her head slowly, determined even to see what this was about.

The mare's words had the finned ears of the mare twitching back uncomfortably, before her eyes narrowed, "Where I come from, time to heal isn't offered. The realities of the polar caps are dangerous, and full of peril. Being wounded will only attract that peril faster. Blood in the water is like a beacon to most predators. And, as you can tell by the fins, gills and tail, my people spend much of their time in the oceans." She shrugged, rolling her shoulders faintly, "I might not agree with our methodology, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few - but when you live in such a harsh environment, you learn there is no time, no place for weakness. Unfortunately, we were also taught that any injury that you couldn't walk off was a weakness, and thus, nothing more than a ticking time bomb." She retorted, the sharpness directed towards herself rather than towards the mare however. Bitterness for the choices Ice Shard had forced upon her, and for the way of life she'd grow up with. She missed her pod, missed chasing seals with Shard, and daring each other to see who would go further into the kraken's lair. Out running polar bears with stolen trout clamped in their jaws. But that had all been before it came tumbling apart.

Before he became Triton of the Pod, before he started to look towards her to take up the place at his side. Before her mother died, and Pol got hurt . . . before Pol was abandoned to the elements, and she ran away to escape that kind of environment. Things were simpler when she was still a pup herself. When the stories told beneath the colors in the night sky were just stories and not the real history of her people. Before she learned she was an alien. Before she discovered heartbreak when the Pod left her sister behind. Before she had to grow up faster than she would care to remember.

And now it had become painfully obvious just how useless she was, even in a fight like this Yukime had seemed to do the majority of the heaving lifting . . . and Bel had gotten injured. Her gaze returned to the mare when she explained why she was approaching, and Bel hesitated for a moment shrugging, "Below Zero, from Terrastella." She stated, before nodding to the serpent still watching the other cautiously, "And my bonded, Yukime." She added, shifting and wincing when the movement pulled at the wound. The offer of help was tempting, but . . . "I mean, if you think you can help - I guess you can try. I'm kinda . . . unfamiliar with a lot of that healin' stuff, every time anyone tries to explain the details of it to me I feel like a fish out of water. We don't have a lot of things, where I come from, beyond basics for the smallest of flesh wounds, or sprained limbs. But, if you can help . . . I'd . . . I'd appreciate it. I'm kind of a beached whale otherwise."

"Bel"
Yukime
@Luvena
Notes:: <3

Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

The stars are alive, child! Did you know that? Everything out there is alive, and there are grand purpose abroad!

She was strange, the way she opened her mouth not to speak, but as if to taste the air around her.  She nearly rolled her eyes at the mares words, listening with contempt.  She gestured around them quickly. "Truly, does this look like the sea to you?  There is no salt water here to swim through, to constantly cleanse wounds and rid them of infections. In a salt sea you can afford to walk things off. In a world of air, and dirt, and grime, walking things off is more of a death sentence than moving on" Luvena words came back without missing a beat.  

She continued digging into the dirt, until she hit something harder then the soil, but not quite as hard as a rock. She had remembered one of the healers who came to herstial showing her a certain kind of clay, one that came from ashes long shed, that could be used as a poultice on wounds.  she scraped up as much of it as she could, though it was too dry to do anything yet.  "Nice to meet you" She replied softly. "This is Picoro" she gestured to the sloth who rode on her back, his nose wrinkled at the scent of blood. 

Luvena nodded gently, she had said her piece.  "you have water magic yes?" she moved off to roll a relatively flat rock towards them, on which she placed the pile of dried clay.  "I need you to wet this, not too much, just enough for it to be a paste" as soon as it was moistened enough she intended to mash it into a poultice, one that could be spread over the wound. while she waited for that she started grabbing long flat pieces of grass from around them, ones she could use to weave a quick bandage, to keep the poultice in place for a few days. 

"What are you doing so far from the seas?" 

@Below Zero

@Luvena

Dusk Court Battlemage

B e l o w Z e r o
Bel stared the other mare down at her retort, huffing faintly, "No, really? We're not in water right now? When did that happen? Cut my fins and call me sushi! I would never have guessed!" She paused, making a face, immediately feeling guilty and quickly speaking again, "I'm sorry, that was uncalled for. I'm not usually such a crab, this . . . this just really, really does hurt." She admitted, her expression softening, "And I do know you're right . . . It's just difficult to ignore years of teachings to do things a certain way . . ." She added, before blinking when the mare began to scrape up some sort of rock with her hoof.

She peered at it only briefly befoe she was introduced to the sloth, her eyes going wide, "What manner of creature is that?! Is it an alien too??? What planet does it come from! It looks so odd!" She squeaked, moving to look closer, only to collapse back on the ground with a groan as she forced to much weight on the limb. She huffed before pausing at the next request, surprised by it, and blinking. Water . . . magic? She was about to say no until a slap of Yuki's flin on her own had her attention brought to her vapors. "Er, in a way. It's more of a passive ability. . . but I might be able to help." SHe stated, pulling the stone closer so it would be with in the range of the vapors that hung in the air, the water particles in gas form that could still dampen when in contact.

She watched the odd rock, nudging it every so often. It took a bit of time, in which the mare was gathering other items, but the time would appear to pass quickly at the next question, "I . . . I'm learning to be part of the land . . . My species can survive in and out of the water. Lungs and gills. Legs and tail. And I've spent my whole life in the water with my pod. Something horrible happened about four years ago - I think it's been four years now, maybe closer to three and a half. But . . . anyways . . . my sister got injured, badly. And . . . when you have to live the way we did . . . the Triton of our Pod made the decision to abandon her. I didn't agree. By the time I was able to escape the constant watch, my sister was gone, rescued thankfully, but I've been stretching my fins and following the current since, been in Novus the last two or so years now. Just trying to see how the other half live, you know?" She offered, before pausing, "Oh, is this wet enough?" She asked, using her muzzle to show how it was spreadable now.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Luvena
Notes:: Bel got a bit touchy at the beginning. Sorry :P

Night Court Sovereign

LUVENA
She raised her brows as the other woman made her retort.  Waiting until she was done with her small outburst, and sure enough, she seemed to get over it rather quickly.  "I know" she murmured. Gods knew she'd done it twice. getting used once, to the freedoms of immortality, and again to illness once it was taken from her. Going from Herstial, to Elysium, to Novus.  

"Hes a sloth" Luvena replied with a smile. "He's from this world, though I've yet to see one in Novus. He comes from a different land, Elysium, though I'm not sure he belonged there either. Stay still or you'll tear that further open. I don't have away to sew it out here, and I highly doubt you'd want me to regardless."  Quietly she slid a satchel off her neck and over her head, pulling it open as she did. She dug around in its few contents, a jumble of herbs. She sorted through a few, rooting around until she found the meadowseet petals she was looking for, and pulling out just enough to be useful. She nudged them towards Bel. "These will help dull the pain" 

As the woman worked on the clay, she finished up weaving the grass. It was sloppy work - Luvena was no fine weaver - but it would do well enough for what she needed. She listened quietly to her story while she worked. Though she was focused on her weaving,  her ears were turned towards bel. "I'm sorry. At least you both made it out safely. I've never lived in the sea, but I've changed lands a few times. Herstial, my parents domain was burned to the ground by my husband.  Elysium fell apart at the seams. Novus seems to be holding up so far. " She paused, looking up.  "That will do, thank you"  

She pulled the rock back towards herself, using her hoof to mash the clay and water into a paste like consistency. She would have liked to have some more herbs to mix into it, but the plains weren't exactly lush with antibiotics.  The mare had already rinsed the wound thankfully, so she set to work applying her poultice. making sure it was spread evenly over the tear. Once she had she pressed the woven grass into it. It wouldn't last long, but it would do until the woman had access to better supplies. "Now listen, this is not the permanent fix.  You keep that on for two days, and then you either come back to me in night, or find another medic to change that poultice, and clean it out again. The last thing you want out of the sea, is a nasty infection, because believe me, coming into the fall, you will be in a world of hurt"  She gave Bel a stern look when she was done.  

"what do you do? In Terrastella?"

@Below Zero
"speech"
usually it starts
with a nightmare,
some sordid dream
that creeps in on a
saccharine song,
souring as it hits its peak.
table by karma, art by ...

Dusk Court Battlemage

B e l o w Z e r o
At the mare's murmur, Bel felt her fin slacken, her expression relax at the quiet 'I know', and she offered a soft nod, "I promise, under better terms, I'd probably be much more chipper." And not so worried over the repercussions of a wound that back home with the pod would have signed her death warrant. Which, in and of itself, was proof to how wrong they were. Here, on land, they have horses trained in the art of healing. Horses who knew how to help others get better. Why hadn't the pod ever tried learning this. Had tried to make things better, to help others. To fix things. To keep the pod together, stronger. To be able to wear scars as badges of pride, not as examples of weakness for being too afraid to leave the pod despite the risk you presented to them.

It was all wrong. All of it.

Bel's attention returned to the creature. A sloth the other called him, and Bel's eyes widened considerably at the words, "A sloth? How peculiar? Is he powerful? He must be with those large claws? Is he a powerful defender than?" She asked, ever eager for information. It wasn't going to be very forth coming though, as instead she was given instructions to stay still least the wound become worsen. Her confusion showed at the followed up words however, "Sew? What's that?" It didn't sound to horrible at least, but Bel had know knowledge of what it might be too.

The other than began to dig through a pouch, before pushing some parts of flowers towards. Bel hesitated, not much of a plant eater, particularly plants of the land. At the mare's explanation that they were for dulling pain, Bel hesitated more, "What else do they dull?" She asked guarded, even as she sniffed at them. Would they dull her senses? Her mental capacity with it? Still, the other was helping her thus far, so trusting the mare who seemed intent to help, Bel hesitantly ate the odd petals.

Her face instantly grimaced, as that earthy taste touched her tongue. Plants of the earth always were lacking compared to the watery foliage she preferred. Of course, she didn't have long to ponder before being put to work in her own way, wetting down the odd rock she had been given and watching the other mare work with grass, appearing to create a small mat with it as Bel spoke.

Bel blinked at the other mare's words, her expression softening slightly, "It's never easy to say good bye to your home. I can't image having to change lands more than once, however. I hope Novus shelters you for as long as you want it too." She offered with a warm smile, starting to feel a bit better as the mixture of cool mist from her spine, and the petals she'd eaten helped to cut the edge of the pain.

The mare than began to work, the rock, softened with water soon being mashed into some sort of paste, before beginning to apply the odd mix onto the wound, spreading it out evenly. Bel held still, while Yuki watched cautiously from a safe distance, ready to defend her bond if needed. But the mare did as she had stated she would, applying the paste and then pressing the grass against it to hold it all together.

When the other spoke again, Bel turned to listen, frowning at the idea of this not being an automatic done and over, but nodding faintly, "Two days time? I'll find you then . . . I don't know too many medics yet, so might as well stick to the one who already knows what happened." She stated, her gaze shifting at the sterness she hadn't experienced since she was a pup caught teasing an octopus. She blinked then at the other mare's words, "What do I do?"

She paused before shrugging, "I'm supposed to be an entertainer I suppose. Inspiring to be a story teller. I always liked the stories the elders of the pod told . . . though, now that I know they're true . . . they're no longer as much fun to share . . . Really it changes the tone of story telling, made me aware that . . . sometimes what seems like a fun but scary story is someone else's even scarier reality."

She shrugged, almost awkwardly, "But what else is there for me to do? I know nothing about medicine. I'm barely understanding the dry land, I couldn't imagine taking on the role of a scholar . . . that kind of just leaves me with entertainer, doesn't it?" Yuki snorted and Bel met the expression of her companion, the silent conversation through the bond for a moment.

"But . . . Yuki has told me my people . . . we used to be warriors of a sort. But I don't know if I'm much of the warrior type myself . . . so that's probably out too."

"Bel"
Yukime
@Luvena
Notes:: Bel got a bit touchy at the beginning. Sorry :P

Night Court Sovereign

“Believe me” She sighed quietly. “Under better terms I’d be a lot more chipper a lot of the time” Today she was well, but tomorrow perhaps she’d be laying in her quarters half conscious. She was never too know, and she still cursed Vega under her breath every evening, though she was beginning to have higher hopes for Caligo. She soon intended to go to the mountains, to ascend Veneror peak, to confess her wavering faith to the demi-goddess. And to see if perhaps it would be worth it, if it would make her feel something to speak to the woman. 

“Tell her I am, tell her I am fearsome” Picoro  whispered to her, crawling slowly up to her ears. She laughed, an airy sound, one that floated over the air like cherry blossoms. “He certainly likes to think so,” she replied. “Perhaps he would be if he weren’t so slow, those claws aren’t much good for anything besides climbing and braiding my hair” she finished with a smile. “Oh come on now Lu, you could have had some good fun with that one” the sloth teased with a quiet hiss at the end.  

She raised her brow at the girl, before reminding herself that she was not of this world. That she was of a different domain entirely. “You know the threads that hold fabric together, stitched in tightly? Medics do that to flesh, to close wounds that are too deep, so that they may mend themselves back together in time”  she wrinkled her nose. “It’s no pleasant experience.” 

She watched the girl hesitate. She was not the first to turn her nose up at them. Luvena recalled a time as a child, one of the first healers she had seen, had given her the same flowers, to dull the pain while trying to find a diagnosis.  She remembered asking why pluck such pretty flowers. She remembered her mothers then comforting, but now upsetting words. “Because some pretty things must die, so others more important may live” She was not so Naive as to think now that she should not pluck such flowers for others. But those words haunted her, knowing now that her mother meant them in more ways than one. 

“Nothing” she replied curtly, still flooded by the memory of those words, lingering in her mind.  She sighed once more. “The change makes you strong to the world. “ she took a deep breath. “But it can also make you bitter lest you let it. You have to try not to let it” and she did try, every day, not to let the universe make her a jaded, callous shell of what she had once been. But it was hard work, not to let every stumble get to oneself. 

She was glad for the change of subject once more. “You’ll find me in the court itself. Just outside the markets, between the bookkeepers haven, and the crystal keeper.”  Those quarters were supposed to be temporary, but she hadn’t the resources to move somewhere nicer within the court. She’d put out a sign advertising her services, but hadn’t much luck with patients coming in. 

Lu listened quietly, her heart going out to the woman. “Well now you fought off those wolves rather nicely. You and your… companion” she pushed, unsure of what the creature was.  “A soldier doesn’t have to take no wounds to be useful to their court, not here on the land at least” she encouraged.

@Below Zero

@Luvena

Dusk Court Battlemage

B e l o w Z e r o
Bel was quiet as the other spoke, tilting her head at the mare's words. She felt like there was an ocean's current worth of unspoken words. However, she certainly didn't know the mare well enough to question it, and had no intentions to accidentally make an enemy out of being too curious. Stick your fins where they don't belong and you might come out with rips, tears, and chunks missing after all. Instead her gaze lowered, of to the side, "I suppose, one way or another, everyone has something in their life that can be a lot to take in, and effect them in a variety of ways. I won't push about yours, but . . . I've been told I'm a decent listener even if you just need someone to scream at." She finally offered, her words colored with a hesitation not typical to the bubbly mare.

At the other's words on the weird creature, Bel sat up eagerly, finned ears catching the words easily as she listened to the mare speak on the creature, the sloth. At hearing he was slow, and the claws being only useful for climbing and braiding, Bel had to laugh slightly, "Yes, I imagine that would be a problem. Being too slow to be use in many other ways. I'm afraid where Yuki is fast, it's limited to the waters. She has to use a lot of energy out of it to heft her body around, thanks to only having forelimbs and the tail." A huff, and a slap of said tail to the ground was Yukime's distasteful response.

Bel payed the reptile little mind, chuckling softly and shaking her head, "Don't mind Yukime, she's a little cautious still. She's just getting used to Novus, let alone this planet. She doesn't think we should trust anyone, even after they prove trustful. She practically glares at my best friend." At the topic of the sew thing, Bel blinked, her eyes going wide as she actually leaned away from this mare that spoke calmly at the idea of piercing someone's hide! And to then use the weird thread stuff to close wounds like some macabre form of arts and crafts? Why would anyone do that? What purpose could it have? What kind of mindset did you need to --- Oh.

Then came the explanation, that the wound could then mend itself together, likely easier than other option But still not a fun idea in Bel's mind, her features still disturbed, "Yes, I'd rather you not . . . sew me up. Please. It sounds . . . . extremely unsettling." Her expression remained uncomfortable, even as an item was pushed towards her. It wasn't until the other informed her that the petals did nothing else that she felt more comfortable about eating them. The other's words however caused Bel to nod lightly.

"You have far more experience in this than I, I can tell. I try to live with out bitterness, flexible enough to let the current take me along. It's easier than fighting against it, and teaches you to go with the flow and faster at adapting. But it can be hard at times too. But a strong wave doesn't mold to the landscape, it forces the landscape to mold around it. I'd rather be the waves than the weak beach front under the tug and pull of another." She admitted, her expression briefly thoughtful, "I'm not the bitter sort, but I'm not so meek to forgive instantly either. Sometimes you have to break the clam to get to the pearl, even if you cut your fins in the process. But it's better than staring in bitter sadness at the clam, knowing your prize is just out of reach."

Of course when the subject changed, Bel could see the slight change, adept at watching others - a skill needed in the ocean to be aware of changes in the pod for early signs of danger. When the other spoke of where she could be found, Bel nodded slightly, "I've been to the markets before, so I'm certain i should find you. If not, my sister belongs to your court, she might point me in the right direction." She assured.

At the topic of how well she'd fought off the wolves, Bel hesitated, a faint frown, "Not well enough. I should have trusted Yuki to handle herself. My distraction cost me a wound that could have been worse with more . . . wolves, you called them? But perhaps . . . it wouldn't be necessarily bad to learn to defend myself properly. But I don't think I'm much of a warrior. I'm not necessarily tiny, but I don't know if I'm built much for fighting either. I'm quick and agile in the water, but I'm also more awkward on land, even if I am slowly finding my land-hooves. I just don't know how much use I could be when it comes down to it all." She admitted, frowning. "But maybe learning a little, just to make sure I don't have to be the victim again could be a good idea. Hopefully."

"Bel"
Yukime
@Luvena
Notes:: A little awkward in places.

Night Court Sovereign

She was silent for a moment, listening to the wind whistle through the grass. She gave a soft shake of her head. “I’ve given my life's worth to enough people” she replied with a gentle smile. She let out a soft laugh at the strange sea creatures response. He seemed a grumpy thing, much like her little two toed sloth. Kindred spirits after all. Though it seemed Yukime could do far more with his mood then Picoro ever could. 

It’s not much fun for me or the patients. But sometimes the body needs help to mend. And really, it only hurts for the process, afterwards it’s like they aren’t even there.  You won't be needing any right now though regardless, as long as you’re careful not to open it up anymore” She paused. “That means no more fights for a few days” she raised her brows, knowing asking someone to stay out of trouble rarely yielded favourable results. 

“Thats a good way to think” she murmured, listening to the other woman's wise words. It was nice to hear them from someone else's mouth for once. Too often they came from her own, and rarely did she listen. “I try to forgive most” she pondered for a moment, if she truly had forgiven most. “But some creatures, some things, are beyond forgiveness” 

She wondered if she knew Bel’s sister, she’d been trying to familiarize herself with those in the court.  “So find someone to train you” she suggested. “There are plenty of soldiers in Novus, surely dusk must have some willing to show their fellow Terastellans some of their knowledge.” 

She stood up from her spot, where she had been tending to Bel. “I’m afraid we should be off, before the wolves come back with their friends.” she smiled “It was nice to meet you Below zero. Hopefully I’ll see you in a few days time” 

@”Below Zero” 
A closer :)

@Luvena

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »