Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - And the Hounds Do Bay!

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
The mare stilled at the rustle of the nearby foilage. Next to her, Yukime stood taller, her forelimbs propping up her body as her eyes narrowed on the world around them, searching out what it was making noise. When a small mare broke through, both aliens froze for a moment. Yukime clanked the ice shards at her collar, her crown and muzzle together in a threatening crackle, her dual sets of eyes narrowing, all four staring down the mare. Bel was a bit more relaxed, taking in the approaching creature, even as she opened her muzzle to take in the scent, a mixture of breathing in through her nares, and taking the scent to the roof her mouth like a reptile. Not of dusk court, but of a court . . . . Night if she remembered correctly from when she'd spent time their for a past festival. She raised her head slowly, determined even to see what this was about.

The mare's words had the finned ears of the mare twitching back uncomfortably, before her eyes narrowed, "Where I come from, time to heal isn't offered. The realities of the polar caps are dangerous, and full of peril. Being wounded will only attract that peril faster. Blood in the water is like a beacon to most predators. And, as you can tell by the fins, gills and tail, my people spend much of their time in the oceans." She shrugged, rolling her shoulders faintly, "I might not agree with our methodology, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few - but when you live in such a harsh environment, you learn there is no time, no place for weakness. Unfortunately, we were also taught that any injury that you couldn't walk off was a weakness, and thus, nothing more than a ticking time bomb." She retorted, the sharpness directed towards herself rather than towards the mare however. Bitterness for the choices Ice Shard had forced upon her, and for the way of life she'd grow up with. She missed her pod, missed chasing seals with Shard, and daring each other to see who would go further into the kraken's lair. Out running polar bears with stolen trout clamped in their jaws. But that had all been before it came tumbling apart.

Before he became Triton of the Pod, before he started to look towards her to take up the place at his side. Before her mother died, and Pol got hurt . . . before Pol was abandoned to the elements, and she ran away to escape that kind of environment. Things were simpler when she was still a pup herself. When the stories told beneath the colors in the night sky were just stories and not the real history of her people. Before she learned she was an alien. Before she discovered heartbreak when the Pod left her sister behind. Before she had to grow up faster than she would care to remember.

And now it had become painfully obvious just how useless she was, even in a fight like this Yukime had seemed to do the majority of the heaving lifting . . . and Bel had gotten injured. Her gaze returned to the mare when she explained why she was approaching, and Bel hesitated for a moment shrugging, "Below Zero, from Terrastella." She stated, before nodding to the serpent still watching the other cautiously, "And my bonded, Yukime." She added, shifting and wincing when the movement pulled at the wound. The offer of help was tempting, but . . . "I mean, if you think you can help - I guess you can try. I'm kinda . . . unfamiliar with a lot of that healin' stuff, every time anyone tries to explain the details of it to me I feel like a fish out of water. We don't have a lot of things, where I come from, beyond basics for the smallest of flesh wounds, or sprained limbs. But, if you can help . . . I'd . . . I'd appreciate it. I'm kind of a beached whale otherwise."

"Bel"
Yukime
@Luvena
Notes:: <3

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
And the Hounds Do Bay! - by Below Zero - 01-24-2021, 02:54 PM
RE: And the Hounds Do Bay! - by Luvena - 01-24-2021, 05:32 PM
RE: And the Hounds Do Bay! - by Below Zero - 01-24-2021, 06:10 PM
RE: And the Hounds Do Bay! - by Luvena - 01-24-2021, 08:28 PM
RE: And the Hounds Do Bay! - by Below Zero - 01-24-2021, 10:15 PM
RE: And the Hounds Do Bay! - by Luvena - 01-29-2021, 07:04 PM