Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - And the Hounds Do Bay!

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

LUVENA
She raised her brows as the other woman made her retort.  Waiting until she was done with her small outburst, and sure enough, she seemed to get over it rather quickly.  "I know" she murmured. Gods knew she'd done it twice. getting used once, to the freedoms of immortality, and again to illness once it was taken from her. Going from Herstial, to Elysium, to Novus.  

"Hes a sloth" Luvena replied with a smile. "He's from this world, though I've yet to see one in Novus. He comes from a different land, Elysium, though I'm not sure he belonged there either. Stay still or you'll tear that further open. I don't have away to sew it out here, and I highly doubt you'd want me to regardless."  Quietly she slid a satchel off her neck and over her head, pulling it open as she did. She dug around in its few contents, a jumble of herbs. She sorted through a few, rooting around until she found the meadowseet petals she was looking for, and pulling out just enough to be useful. She nudged them towards Bel. "These will help dull the pain" 

As the woman worked on the clay, she finished up weaving the grass. It was sloppy work - Luvena was no fine weaver - but it would do well enough for what she needed. She listened quietly to her story while she worked. Though she was focused on her weaving,  her ears were turned towards bel. "I'm sorry. At least you both made it out safely. I've never lived in the sea, but I've changed lands a few times. Herstial, my parents domain was burned to the ground by my husband.  Elysium fell apart at the seams. Novus seems to be holding up so far. " She paused, looking up.  "That will do, thank you"  

She pulled the rock back towards herself, using her hoof to mash the clay and water into a paste like consistency. She would have liked to have some more herbs to mix into it, but the plains weren't exactly lush with antibiotics.  The mare had already rinsed the wound thankfully, so she set to work applying her poultice. making sure it was spread evenly over the tear. Once she had she pressed the woven grass into it. It wouldn't last long, but it would do until the woman had access to better supplies. "Now listen, this is not the permanent fix.  You keep that on for two days, and then you either come back to me in night, or find another medic to change that poultice, and clean it out again. The last thing you want out of the sea, is a nasty infection, because believe me, coming into the fall, you will be in a world of hurt"  She gave Bel a stern look when she was done.  

"what do you do? In Terrastella?"

@Below Zero
"speech"
usually it starts
with a nightmare,
some sordid dream
that creeps in on a
saccharine song,
souring as it hits its peak.
table by karma, art by ...

Messages In This Thread
And the Hounds Do Bay! - by Below Zero - 01-24-2021, 02:54 PM