Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - And the Hounds Do Bay!

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
At the mare's murmur, Bel felt her fin slacken, her expression relax at the quiet 'I know', and she offered a soft nod, "I promise, under better terms, I'd probably be much more chipper." And not so worried over the repercussions of a wound that back home with the pod would have signed her death warrant. Which, in and of itself, was proof to how wrong they were. Here, on land, they have horses trained in the art of healing. Horses who knew how to help others get better. Why hadn't the pod ever tried learning this. Had tried to make things better, to help others. To fix things. To keep the pod together, stronger. To be able to wear scars as badges of pride, not as examples of weakness for being too afraid to leave the pod despite the risk you presented to them.

It was all wrong. All of it.

Bel's attention returned to the creature. A sloth the other called him, and Bel's eyes widened considerably at the words, "A sloth? How peculiar? Is he powerful? He must be with those large claws? Is he a powerful defender than?" She asked, ever eager for information. It wasn't going to be very forth coming though, as instead she was given instructions to stay still least the wound become worsen. Her confusion showed at the followed up words however, "Sew? What's that?" It didn't sound to horrible at least, but Bel had know knowledge of what it might be too.

The other than began to dig through a pouch, before pushing some parts of flowers towards. Bel hesitated, not much of a plant eater, particularly plants of the land. At the mare's explanation that they were for dulling pain, Bel hesitated more, "What else do they dull?" She asked guarded, even as she sniffed at them. Would they dull her senses? Her mental capacity with it? Still, the other was helping her thus far, so trusting the mare who seemed intent to help, Bel hesitantly ate the odd petals.

Her face instantly grimaced, as that earthy taste touched her tongue. Plants of the earth always were lacking compared to the watery foliage she preferred. Of course, she didn't have long to ponder before being put to work in her own way, wetting down the odd rock she had been given and watching the other mare work with grass, appearing to create a small mat with it as Bel spoke.

Bel blinked at the other mare's words, her expression softening slightly, "It's never easy to say good bye to your home. I can't image having to change lands more than once, however. I hope Novus shelters you for as long as you want it too." She offered with a warm smile, starting to feel a bit better as the mixture of cool mist from her spine, and the petals she'd eaten helped to cut the edge of the pain.

The mare than began to work, the rock, softened with water soon being mashed into some sort of paste, before beginning to apply the odd mix onto the wound, spreading it out evenly. Bel held still, while Yuki watched cautiously from a safe distance, ready to defend her bond if needed. But the mare did as she had stated she would, applying the paste and then pressing the grass against it to hold it all together.

When the other spoke again, Bel turned to listen, frowning at the idea of this not being an automatic done and over, but nodding faintly, "Two days time? I'll find you then . . . I don't know too many medics yet, so might as well stick to the one who already knows what happened." She stated, her gaze shifting at the sterness she hadn't experienced since she was a pup caught teasing an octopus. She blinked then at the other mare's words, "What do I do?"

She paused before shrugging, "I'm supposed to be an entertainer I suppose. Inspiring to be a story teller. I always liked the stories the elders of the pod told . . . though, now that I know they're true . . . they're no longer as much fun to share . . . Really it changes the tone of story telling, made me aware that . . . sometimes what seems like a fun but scary story is someone else's even scarier reality."

She shrugged, almost awkwardly, "But what else is there for me to do? I know nothing about medicine. I'm barely understanding the dry land, I couldn't imagine taking on the role of a scholar . . . that kind of just leaves me with entertainer, doesn't it?" Yuki snorted and Bel met the expression of her companion, the silent conversation through the bond for a moment.

"But . . . Yuki has told me my people . . . we used to be warriors of a sort. But I don't know if I'm much of the warrior type myself . . . so that's probably out too."

"Bel"
Yukime
@Luvena
Notes:: Bel got a bit touchy at the beginning. Sorry :P

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
And the Hounds Do Bay! - by Below Zero - 01-24-2021, 02:54 PM
RE: And the Hounds Do Bay! - by Luvena - 01-24-2021, 05:32 PM
RE: And the Hounds Do Bay! - by Below Zero - 01-24-2021, 06:10 PM
RE: And the Hounds Do Bay! - by Luvena - 01-24-2021, 08:28 PM
RE: And the Hounds Do Bay! - by Below Zero - 01-24-2021, 10:15 PM
RE: And the Hounds Do Bay! - by Luvena - 01-29-2021, 07:04 PM