Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - And the Hounds Do Bay!

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

The stars are alive, child! Did you know that? Everything out there is alive, and there are grand purpose abroad!

“Believe me” She sighed quietly. “Under better terms I’d be a lot more chipper a lot of the time” Today she was well, but tomorrow perhaps she’d be laying in her quarters half conscious. She was never too know, and she still cursed Vega under her breath every evening, though she was beginning to have higher hopes for Caligo. She soon intended to go to the mountains, to ascend Veneror peak, to confess her wavering faith to the demi-goddess. And to see if perhaps it would be worth it, if it would make her feel something to speak to the woman. 

“Tell her I am, tell her I am fearsome” Picoro  whispered to her, crawling slowly up to her ears. She laughed, an airy sound, one that floated over the air like cherry blossoms. “He certainly likes to think so,” she replied. “Perhaps he would be if he weren’t so slow, those claws aren’t much good for anything besides climbing and braiding my hair” she finished with a smile. “Oh come on now Lu, you could have had some good fun with that one” the sloth teased with a quiet hiss at the end.  

She raised her brow at the girl, before reminding herself that she was not of this world. That she was of a different domain entirely. “You know the threads that hold fabric together, stitched in tightly? Medics do that to flesh, to close wounds that are too deep, so that they may mend themselves back together in time”  she wrinkled her nose. “It’s no pleasant experience.” 

She watched the girl hesitate. She was not the first to turn her nose up at them. Luvena recalled a time as a child, one of the first healers she had seen, had given her the same flowers, to dull the pain while trying to find a diagnosis.  She remembered asking why pluck such pretty flowers. She remembered her mothers then comforting, but now upsetting words. “Because some pretty things must die, so others more important may live” She was not so Naive as to think now that she should not pluck such flowers for others. But those words haunted her, knowing now that her mother meant them in more ways than one. 

“Nothing” she replied curtly, still flooded by the memory of those words, lingering in her mind.  She sighed once more. “The change makes you strong to the world. “ she took a deep breath. “But it can also make you bitter lest you let it. You have to try not to let it” and she did try, every day, not to let the universe make her a jaded, callous shell of what she had once been. But it was hard work, not to let every stumble get to oneself. 

She was glad for the change of subject once more. “You’ll find me in the court itself. Just outside the markets, between the bookkeepers haven, and the crystal keeper.”  Those quarters were supposed to be temporary, but she hadn’t the resources to move somewhere nicer within the court. She’d put out a sign advertising her services, but hadn’t much luck with patients coming in. 

Lu listened quietly, her heart going out to the woman. “Well now you fought off those wolves rather nicely. You and your… companion” she pushed, unsure of what the creature was.  “A soldier doesn’t have to take no wounds to be useful to their court, not here on the land at least” she encouraged.

@Below Zero

@Luvena

Messages In This Thread
And the Hounds Do Bay! - by Below Zero - 01-24-2021, 02:54 PM
RE: And the Hounds Do Bay! - by Luvena - 01-24-2021, 05:32 PM
RE: And the Hounds Do Bay! - by Below Zero - 01-24-2021, 06:10 PM
RE: And the Hounds Do Bay! - by Luvena - 01-24-2021, 08:28 PM
RE: And the Hounds Do Bay! - by Below Zero - 01-24-2021, 10:15 PM
RE: And the Hounds Do Bay! - by Luvena - 01-29-2021, 07:04 PM
RE: And the Hounds Do Bay! - by Below Zero - 01-29-2021, 08:51 PM
RE: And the Hounds Do Bay! - by Luvena - 01-30-2021, 09:40 PM
RE: And the Hounds Do Bay! - by Below Zero - 01-31-2021, 04:26 PM