Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - And the Hounds Do Bay!

Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
Bel was quiet as the other spoke, tilting her head at the mare's words. She felt like there was an ocean's current worth of unspoken words. However, she certainly didn't know the mare well enough to question it, and had no intentions to accidentally make an enemy out of being too curious. Stick your fins where they don't belong and you might come out with rips, tears, and chunks missing after all. Instead her gaze lowered, of to the side, "I suppose, one way or another, everyone has something in their life that can be a lot to take in, and effect them in a variety of ways. I won't push about yours, but . . . I've been told I'm a decent listener even if you just need someone to scream at." She finally offered, her words colored with a hesitation not typical to the bubbly mare.

At the other's words on the weird creature, Bel sat up eagerly, finned ears catching the words easily as she listened to the mare speak on the creature, the sloth. At hearing he was slow, and the claws being only useful for climbing and braiding, Bel had to laugh slightly, "Yes, I imagine that would be a problem. Being too slow to be use in many other ways. I'm afraid where Yuki is fast, it's limited to the waters. She has to use a lot of energy out of it to heft her body around, thanks to only having forelimbs and the tail." A huff, and a slap of said tail to the ground was Yukime's distasteful response.

Bel payed the reptile little mind, chuckling softly and shaking her head, "Don't mind Yukime, she's a little cautious still. She's just getting used to Novus, let alone this planet. She doesn't think we should trust anyone, even after they prove trustful. She practically glares at my best friend." At the topic of the sew thing, Bel blinked, her eyes going wide as she actually leaned away from this mare that spoke calmly at the idea of piercing someone's hide! And to then use the weird thread stuff to close wounds like some macabre form of arts and crafts? Why would anyone do that? What purpose could it have? What kind of mindset did you need to --- Oh.

Then came the explanation, that the wound could then mend itself together, likely easier than other option But still not a fun idea in Bel's mind, her features still disturbed, "Yes, I'd rather you not . . . sew me up. Please. It sounds . . . . extremely unsettling." Her expression remained uncomfortable, even as an item was pushed towards her. It wasn't until the other informed her that the petals did nothing else that she felt more comfortable about eating them. The other's words however caused Bel to nod lightly.

"You have far more experience in this than I, I can tell. I try to live with out bitterness, flexible enough to let the current take me along. It's easier than fighting against it, and teaches you to go with the flow and faster at adapting. But it can be hard at times too. But a strong wave doesn't mold to the landscape, it forces the landscape to mold around it. I'd rather be the waves than the weak beach front under the tug and pull of another." She admitted, her expression briefly thoughtful, "I'm not the bitter sort, but I'm not so meek to forgive instantly either. Sometimes you have to break the clam to get to the pearl, even if you cut your fins in the process. But it's better than staring in bitter sadness at the clam, knowing your prize is just out of reach."

Of course when the subject changed, Bel could see the slight change, adept at watching others - a skill needed in the ocean to be aware of changes in the pod for early signs of danger. When the other spoke of where she could be found, Bel nodded slightly, "I've been to the markets before, so I'm certain i should find you. If not, my sister belongs to your court, she might point me in the right direction." She assured.

At the topic of how well she'd fought off the wolves, Bel hesitated, a faint frown, "Not well enough. I should have trusted Yuki to handle herself. My distraction cost me a wound that could have been worse with more . . . wolves, you called them? But perhaps . . . it wouldn't be necessarily bad to learn to defend myself properly. But I don't think I'm much of a warrior. I'm not necessarily tiny, but I don't know if I'm built much for fighting either. I'm quick and agile in the water, but I'm also more awkward on land, even if I am slowly finding my land-hooves. I just don't know how much use I could be when it comes down to it all." She admitted, frowning. "But maybe learning a little, just to make sure I don't have to be the victim again could be a good idea. Hopefully."

"Bel"
Yukime
@Luvena
Notes:: A little awkward in places.

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
And the Hounds Do Bay! - by Below Zero - 01-24-2021, 02:54 PM
RE: And the Hounds Do Bay! - by Luvena - 01-24-2021, 05:32 PM
RE: And the Hounds Do Bay! - by Below Zero - 01-24-2021, 06:10 PM
RE: And the Hounds Do Bay! - by Luvena - 01-24-2021, 08:28 PM
RE: And the Hounds Do Bay! - by Below Zero - 01-24-2021, 10:15 PM
RE: And the Hounds Do Bay! - by Luvena - 01-29-2021, 07:04 PM