Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - achilles come down —

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

After my battle with Aislinn, I was quick to leave the Steppe. After all, staying there would invite attack just as Aislinn had invited attack. It would have been beyond foolish to remain when I was wounded. Though not grievously maimed, I was sore in my hips and had a slight limp. Now, time has done its job and healed me enough to go back into the field of battle, ready to test my mettle again. This time.... I'm not going to meet some random, lost soul. Instead, I'm going up against Reichenbach, Sovereign of the Night Court. Although I generally feel confident in my battling abilities, I'm not quite looking forward to sparring with my friend and lord. If I win, it will reinforce my position as the Warden and as a fierce warrior. But it might make the ruler appear incompetent and weak. If I lose, the same may be said about me.

Damaris huffs next to me as we make our way back to the Steppe, nearing the rings naturally left for battle. You're overthinking this, Rostislav. Look at the positives, not the negatives. She has a point, but I don't tell her that I'm also nervous facing my king. After all, he's king for a reason, and I'm not sure if I stand a chance against him. Perk up or you'll get your ass kicked. I bark out a laugh, unused to hearing Damaris use any sort of curse. It's enough to lighten my mood and leave a cheerful grin upon my lips as I spot Reichenbach ahead of us.

I near and hear my favorite bloke greet me: 'You start.' I chuckle and break into a canter. Damaris lopes behind me though she stops before we reach the bay stallion, letting me take the lead. It doesn't sit well with me to attack from the rear, but considering Reich already knows of my approach, it's up to him to turn and defend himself. I bare my teeth as I close in, angling just to the right. I curl my neck and hope that my teeth may make purchase upon his rump. I let my own haunches coil underneath me, abruptly halting my momentum so that as I finish my skin-shredding, I might whirl away from his inevitable retaliation.

WC: 383
Tag: @Reichenbach @Sid @kay @inkbone

Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Summary: Rosti hears Reich's invitation and charges from Reich's rear. He angles to the right and hopes to bite/scrape Reich's right hindquarters, while he pulls up to a halt so he might turn and jump away (as opposed to continuing past Reich). Damaris stays back away from the two stallions.

Attack Used: 1
Attack(s) Left: 1
Block Used: 0
Block(s) Left: 1
Item(s) Used: n/a

Response Deadline: Aug 23

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
achilles come down — - by Reichenbach - 08-17-2017, 09:09 PM
RE: achilles come down — - by Rostislav - 08-20-2017, 07:12 PM