Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - achilles come down —

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

I wince as Damaris rushes the bay stallion, jaws snapping. I breathe a silent sigh of relief, part of me thankful that Reichenbach was able to leap out of the way just in time. I've never seen her use her acid bite, and do not know what lasting effects it might have. I am defending you! She growls at me, anger at my reaction seeping into her words. Of course I know that.... I'm about to tell her so, to point out that this is our king and perhaps we should not grievously wound him, even in order to win.

But not even my thoughts have time to properly form, because the handsome beast is already charging me again - charging as soon as he had escaped the hellhound's snarling canines. I look for the flash of hooves or teeth, weapons that might be used against me. But it's only a brown mass that comes at me, black tendrils swirling around the handsome face. Part of my mind thinks to jump aside, to dodge, but by the time my hooves reach the ground his breast makes contact with mine. A grunt is forced from my body as he slams into me, knocking the wind straight out of my lungs. His pectorals have crushed into the metal plate decorating my chest, but no armor can keep you from getting winded. I brace my legs against the collision, holding my ground. I feel his leg wrap behind mine, trying to knock me to my knees. But what he doesn't know is this trick has already been tried before! A vision passes through my mind of Aislinn knocking my hind legs, causing my hindquarters to drop to the gound. Now I feel the firm ground underneath me, so solid and reliable. My striped hooves dig in, resisting his swipe. I may not be able to evade so easily, but at least I can resist. I gasp as I'm able to get wind through my larynx, and I leap to the side, breaking the force between us.

I jog away, Damaris loping around to stand ready behind me. My silver eyes glitter with amusement, adrenaline still rushing through me as endorphins make me forget the pain in my throat. I bow my skull to him, metal-decorated face shimmering in the light. "Well fought, my King." I croak, then lift my head again to grin at him. Damaris remains still, not feeling compelled to obey the laws of respect and etiquette that the equine court system is bound to. "We should do this again sometime." I gesture back toward Denocte. "Let's go soak in the lake, eh? Maybe the sun will warm it up enough for our aching muscles. Or I guess we could piss in it...." A deep chuckle passes my lips then, satisfaction rumbling through to slowly replace the adrenaline.

WC: 476
Tag: @Reichenbach @Sid @kay @inkbone

Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Summary: Rosti gets slammed in the chest, but his only wound is that he's winded. He stays firmly planted, then leaps away to avoid their legs getting too entangled. Then he chats up Reich and makes a crude joke. XD

Attack Used: 2
Attack(s) Left: 0
Block Used: 1
Block(s) Left: 0
Item(s) Used: n/a

Response Deadline: n/a

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
achilles come down — - by Reichenbach - 08-17-2017, 09:09 PM
RE: achilles come down — - by Rostislav - 08-20-2017, 07:12 PM