Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - achilles come down —

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
sid

REICHENBACH vs ROSTISLAV

@Reichenbach:
Total: 80/100

• Attacks 54/65

• Creativity 23/25
      First: I like how he just takes it! Definitely not seen as often. Otherwise a pretty simple kick, very easy to imagine.
Second: I like how there’s a bit more than a simple charge—also trying to trip Rostislav up is creative and unique, I don’t see that very often!

• Realism 19/25
      First: I like how you add in pain and damage from Rosti’s bite, as Reich made no move to dodge it. It isn’t a drastic attack, so no points are really lost on realism here.
Second: It seems a bit too busy, both trying to ram him with his chest and use a hoof to trip him? I feel like to get the full effect of a ram, he’d have to have all four hooves planted and driving into the ground!

• Metrics 12/15
      First: Clean and easy to read! I like how Reich throws in a smile, it’s very in-character for him. Few grammatical mistakes, nothing distracting from the post itself.
Second: Again, I love the feel you get for Reich in your writing—it all flows so well from one paragraph to the next, it really draws me in.
      Noteworthy: I love how lazy he seems in the first post, and the feel it gives the reader for who Reich is and his purpose for the fight!

• Blocks 26/35

• Creativity 11/15
      Nice simple post, but the way you describe it and Reich’s reaction helps to give it a facelift! Otherwise it’s a pretty straightforward dodge.

• Realism 11/15
      I would have liked to see a bit more awkwardness in it (since she was described as moving “too quickly to follow,” I’d expect there to be a scramble to get away rather than an elegant dodge), but the instinct is there and believable

• Metrics 4/5
      A little repetitive, but well written and nothing too distracting.

@Rostislav - Total: 81/100

• Attacks 54/65

• Creativity 20/25
      First: I like how he isn’t quite comfortable attacking from behind but goes along with it anyway. Otherwise it’s a pretty simple first attack, but I appreciate how visual it is and the whole jump-in, jump-out sort of attack style. 
Second: I like that his bonded is involved in this; the way you write it, as Damaris just taking over to protect Rosti, definitely comes across and adds a few bonus points in my opinion.

• Realism 24/25
      First: Nothing too crazy, though Reich is quite a bit taller than Rosti, but I’m sure he’d be able to figure it out nonetheless. Because Rosti is a bit bulkier it’s kind of hard to imagine him being agile enough to really “whirl” away from a retaliation though!
Second: I love how much contrast is painted between Rosti and Reich; it definitely goes hand in hand with the kick to the throat he takes.

• Metrics 10/15
      First: Few mistakes, easy to read and understand what’s going on.
Second: A few more spelling mistakes that I had to reread a couple of times, but overall the post is clean. A little choppy at the end between Damaris’ and Rosti’s attacks on Reich, but the meaning comes across.

• Blocks 28/35

• Creativity 12/15
      A pretty simple dodge, but one that I can see being effective! I especially like how he does it out of awareness, that he’s analyzing the situation the entire time.

• Realism 12/15
      Man I love how he learned from Aislinn’s attack and uses it to counter Reich’s! However, armor is heavy and I think it would have been pretty realistic if he were a bit more winded or bruised underneath? Nonetheless I like that he’s aware of their legs and tries to not get entangled in them.

• Metrics 4/5
      I’m impressed with your improvement from your last battle! This one flowed so nicely, and there were very few grammatical or spelling mistakes that I could find overall.

Messages In This Thread
achilles come down — - by Reichenbach - 08-17-2017, 09:09 PM
RE: achilles come down — - by Rostislav - 08-20-2017, 07:12 PM
RE: achilles come down — - by Reichenbach - 08-20-2017, 10:16 PM
RE: achilles come down — - by Rostislav - 08-21-2017, 08:23 PM
RE: achilles come down — - by Reichenbach - 08-22-2017, 02:40 AM
RE: achilles come down — - by Rostislav - 08-22-2017, 07:57 PM
RE: achilles come down — - by sid - 08-29-2017, 10:35 PM
RE: achilles come down — - by inkbone - 09-20-2017, 10:04 PM
RE: achilles come down — - by sid - 10-03-2017, 06:44 PM
RE: achilles come down — - by sid - 10-03-2017, 06:53 PM