Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Interactive Quest  - Fly High and Touch the Sun

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

This flaming guardian could be your worst nightmare...

Sol gazed at the peak, standing at the base and wondering why he felt the draw that was nearly overwhelming him. He had intended to meet with Bel, to go off exploring with her. To spend time with the mare that he had finally settled in as nothing more than friends. Their last meeting had been intense as he had figured out who he was and what he and Bel meant to each other. So much had changed in the last year and a half, the joys of each of them growing into their own being and figuring out who they each were.

Stretching out his multi-hued wings, he tucked them against his dark grullo roan body. It was bright enough that the slight variations would be visible to the eye, though he was still dark enough that many would dismiss him as solid black. Using the lesser telekinesis that each being in Novus was gifted, he quickly braided his mane to keep it from his face as he waited for Bel. No matter what, he wanted more time with the mare.

While waiting, he gazed at the mountains with his golden eyes, feeling the pull once again, each wave getting stronger as he stood in close proximity to the path up. It was like a golden thread wrapping around his heart, a tether that was tugging at him. His massive head, accented by golden markings around his eyes and a striking white star that most never saw, lifted toward the sky. Watching the cotton clouds as they drifted through the pristine blue sky. Blue that was reminiscent of Bel's eyes. Breathing slowly, he felt like the world disappeared around him. Faded to shadows around him as if the teather had decided that he needed to touch the sky rather than the earth.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: Member Written Quest for Sol's Magic <3

CREDIT to Miss Sparkle (offsite)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
The mare trekked towards the meeting point, where she imagined Sol was likely already waiting for her. Draped across her spine, tail literally dragging on the ground was a half awake Yukime, the serpent growling occasionally at the horrid idea of having to be awake. The only positive to the serpent was the increasing cool temperatures around them as they walked. Bel chuckled softly herself, a faint shake of her head, "Might as well wake up, Yukime." She teasingly instructed of her companion.

She glanced ahead, blinking at the sight of the dark stallion, before heading in his direction, "Sol! I hope you haven't been waiting long! Yukime didn't want to wake from her nap, lazy little nurse shark." A huff from Yuki had the mare laughing merrily, "Well then, where do you want to explore today?" She asked curiously, tilting her head to the side, before following his gaze to the sky, the peak of the mountain, and her smile widened, "Come on, Sol, I haven't seen much of the mountain yet. And I have the sneaking suspicion that it will be delightfully cold up there."

She didn't wait for a response, already heading towards the mountain base, eyes picking out a trail up quickly, and setting her hooves to it, starting the climb at a leisure pace, as she glanced towards her companion, "Are you alright, Sol? You seem a little distracted. What's going on?" She asked, just a little worried but doing her best to hide it.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: And the trek up begins.
Artist Credit to Bingo

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

Sol's ears flicked as he caught the cool voice of his dearest friend. Turning his head to face her and her companion, he nodded a greeting. "Good morning, Bel. And to you as well Yukime." He greeted the females, his voice smooth and charming as he tried yet again to win over the serpentine creature. "No... Not long..." He answered, his voice distracted as the tug came again.

"Yes... The mountain." Sol's voice drawled, golden eyes shifting through the sky. "I have visited the top twice now... It is quite the trek." He laughed softly, shaking his head. The stallion was rarely cold, thanks to the heat from his hooves. He felt like his temperature was higher than usual, almost feverish as he nudged her gently. "Of course the cold would call to you. I would be surprised otherwise."

When the reptilian mare started up the path, he moved to catch up. Carefully staying out of reach of the creature on her back, he matched her pace. "Honestly... I have no idea. I feel like I have a rope tied to my barrel, pulling me to the sky. I have no idea what it could be, where it is coming from... just this call." He shook his head, remembering the song that called Bel to Yuki over a year ago.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: lol we never touched base on if his core temp would be adjusted by his magic... but it sounded good XD

Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
Bel smiled in response to the greeting, dipping her head even as Yukime briefly looked up from her sleepy drape over Bel's spine to sniff at the male before promptly collapsing, eyes closed, "Ignore the silly serpent. She'll wake eventually, I'm sure. Good morning to you as well!" She treated, before tilting her head at his tone , the distraction. It continued when he looked towards the mountain, his words almost distant, spoken but not really hearing what they say.

Bel frowned in worry, her head tilting to the side when he spoke of the trek up, having made it twice. He touched her, nudging her gently with a slight hiss of steam from heat meeting her colder body. She blinked at the reaction, frowning faintly, "You seem warmer than normal, are you feeling alright Sol?" She asked in alarm, only to laugh, though it was lightly distracted by her concern, at his words, "I'm an arctic being, of course the cold draws me in." She teased, before starting up the path.

He soon caught up with her, matching her space as he spoke about a pull towards the sky. Bel frowned slightly, curious. "It sounds like you have something waiting for you up there then. It sounds vaguely like what I felt with Yukime, but that was more of a song I was hearing in my heart, and less of a physical pull, so I don't think it's anything like that. I guess the only thing we can do is find out whats at the end of the rope? Race you there, last one to the top is a puffer fish!" Bel teased, kicking up her pace to a safe brisk canter, her hooves naturally catching in the ice and rock like ice picks, safely carrying her up the side, only slowing down when she reaches the part of the trek that is less safe and more precarious - the path going slimmer and more difficult to transverse, and far more icy as they reach the next altitude incline. "Best to continue with more caution from here. Lead the way, Sol, since you have a better idea where we're going? I'm right behind you."

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: Figured they can reach the top at your next post, or my next post before he gets his magic shortly there after?
Artist Credit to Bingo

Dusk Court Blacksmith

Sol snorted softly at the serpent's apparent greeting. "I am glad that I am not as offended by the idea that she might find me too boring to wake for." He laughed, winking at Bel as he struggled to keep his focus on her.

Sol frowned, taking a moment to do a quick self check. "I feel fine... just warm. Like I just stepped out into the shade after sunbathing." He said, trying to figure out how to explain the feeling. If he was one that enjoyed water, he would say similar to stepping out of a hot spring. "With my excess warmth, I can at least join you without freezing too badly." He laughed, his vision drifting up again.

Her comment regarding the song that had called her made him start. "You may be right. It is odd to say the least." He answered as she strode out in a swift movement. Stretching his long legs, he kept pace. It was an odd moment where he was released by the pull that was tugging him upward. A moment of clarity that allowed him to smile at the mare beside him. Of course she was, she was up for any adventure that he came across.

When she mentioned for him to take the lead, he allowed himself to step forward and follow the pull toward the temple area. It was familiar ground and he made certain to show her the safest path upward. At the top of the mountain, he stopped in the center of the area. His golden eyes tracked around the clearing, seeing no one and dipping his head in greeting to the god that he followed.  "Welcome to the mountain top." He laughed softly, turning to face her.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: <3

Dusk Court Battlemage

B e l o w Z e r o
The mare smiled fondly at Yukime's behavior, glancing towards her friend with a soft laugh, "Oh, I definitely wouldn't bother with being offended by anything from her. Yuki is just very . . . unimpressed by anything land based. I think she gets pouty over how dry and hot it can be. Just wait, she'll perk up after a bit in the mountain." She suggested. The serpent responded with a gentle slap of her tail, the edge of the fin slapping against the still tender and healing flesh of her limb, causing Bel to wince with a hiss, to which the serpent jolted up in alarm, and a silent apology was passed from the bonded to the mare, "It's fine, you didn't meant to." She assured her friend, shifting to relieve the slight sting the prod had brought to her injury.

She didn't give it much thought anyway - as she's checking in on her best friend far more important. His frown had her own frown tugging at her features, before tilting her head when he commented on feeling warm. Bel instantly moved closer, brushing her muzzle against his lower cheek (the closest she could reach to the forehead, comparing his temperature to her cooler one - used to the usual difference in temperatures and instantly she was frowning again, "Just warm? You're a lot warmer than normal. You're usually a good deal hotter than I am, but not like this. You're not feeling bad otherwise? We'll just have to be careful on our adventure today - I don't want you getting ill on us, or passing out half way up the mountain." She stated gently, before rolling her eyes at his laughter, "Oh yes, let's make a joke about how you're running a fever, very responsible, Sol dear." She retorted, like a mother lecturing her foal.

At his comment of it being a touch like the song, her eyes lit up a little, wondering what it might be that was waiting up there, and desperate to find out. It was with a giggle that the mare began to climb the mountain for the first time, excited to see what might be up there, waiting for him to find it. Her steps were a little shorter than normal, however, taking careful care of the healing wound that she didn't need Luvena clucking her tongue at her for reopening (or worse, Lu telling Pol that she'd re-injured herself because of an adventure!). It wasn't long however before she suggest he take the lead as the path narrowed, and began to grow more steep. She followed eagerly as the cold wrapped around her in a comfortable embrace, her breath leaving her with a familiar woosh of visible fog. Vibrant cyyan eyes took in the world around her eagerly.

As the mountain bean to level out, Bel looked around curiously at the clearing, drawing in a deep breath of cold air. On her back, Yukime was up and alert, and within a short moment had lept from her back and was rolling around in the snow, drawing a giggle from the arctic mare. She herself was stretching in the coolness, a delighted little shiver running down her spine, fins flaring in the cold and her muzzle turning up in a happy smile. She smiled warmly at her friend, grinning brightly at him, "I can't believe I haven't tried coming up here yet! It's amazing! So, has your song settled down yet?" She asked curiously.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: HOW DID WE FORGOT ABOUT HER INJURY >.> I'm imagining this has to have happened after she began to properly healing - so that it would be a bit more conceivable that he didn't notice the wound? -coughs-
Artist Credit to Bingo

Dusk Court Blacksmith

Sol snorted at Bel's comment regarding her companion. At her wince and soft hiss, Sol turned his gaze on her. "Why in the hell are you wincing?" He asked, snarling softly as he took a moment to take in her state. The idea of his dearest friend injured was one that nearly sent him through the roof. He had no idea what had happened, but he was furious with himself that he had not been there when she clearly needed help. While the anger coursed through him, he was able to ignore the tug that was trying to pull him upwards. Was able to focus fully on the mare beside him.

At her mention of his temperature, Sol paused. Taking stock again, he felt his strength, his health as it ran through his body. "I feel better than I probably ever have... other than this odd pull. I feel strong and healthy and ready to take on the world..." He answered, lifting his head and stretching his muscles. "And no one said I had to be responsible all of the time. I enjoy moments of lightness in the chaos of the world." He teased, nudging the mare's cool neck.

He paced up the path with her at his side. It was a moment of peace to have her by his side and he loved every moment of it. Particularly now that he had accepted that he was not going to be her mate. Now he accepted her as his friend rather than pining after her.

Her words called his focus as she exclaimed over the mountain top. "I have been up here a few times. It hasnt settled... if anything it is getting stronger..." He murmured, looking at the skies as what seemed to be a golden aurora danced through the pale blue. His golden eyes widened, his head turning to Bel to see what she made of the strange phenomenon. While he had witnessed northern lights before, he had never seen one with the hues of the sun, let alone during the day.

As he gazed between his dearest friend and the sky around them, he felt like his blood was singing. The draw was strong and almost surreal as he fought his body's desire to take to the skies. He would not leave her behind. Sol had been by her side when she had met Yuki, had refused to leave her behind. A large part of him knew that she would do the same for him.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: First sign of solar magic has appeared!

Dusk Court Battlemage

B e l o w Z e r o
The snarl was unfamiliar from her best friend, causing Bel to pause on that more than the words. When they did catch up to her, however, Bel felt her eyes go wide, a flush decorate her cheek and gaze shifting away as she gently pawed at the ground between them, "It’s nothing to worry about, I promise, I just got into a slight altercation with some wolves is all. I won though. Well, Yuki and I did. And I’m being treated by a medic in Night Court, who is ensuring that I do have any lasting damage. So, really, don’t worry.” She smiled, almost playful, "And like I said, Yuki and I won, so see, I can be a warrior.” The mare added with a playful huff.
As her best friend paused and began to explain how he felt, she frowned delicately, "It doesn’t sound like something is wrong then . . . Maybe you’re just having an odd day. We’ll see what is at the top of this mountain and hopefully that will help.” She declared, before grinning, "Of course you have to be the responsible one, Sol, I’m wild enough for both of us. If we’re both wild, who will make sure I don’t lead you of a cliff, hmm?” She asked in jest.
The path was a relatively easy, and peaceful one, but as they reached the top she frowned at him commenting on the pull being stronger, getting stronger, and then his gaze rose, and she followed that look before frowning in confusion, "I’ve never seen the dancing colors this far from the poles, and during the day? What’s causing this?” She asked in wide eyed wonder, glancing towards her friend, and frowning at him, wondering if this was part of the pull he felt, and if it would prove to be a threat to his health.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: She’s a tad bit worried
Artist Credit to Bingo

Dusk Court Blacksmith

Sol found himself rolling his eyes as he listened to his dearest friend. "A battle where you can leave without injury is a true victory. You came out triumphant in the end... but damage was done. And I am also more than aware of how your species treats injuries. I will not have you disappearing because you are injured and think you will bring harm to those that love you." He frowned at her, flicking an ear as he glanced at her companion.

"That being said, you seem to be at least on your way towards being a warrior... but I wouldnt place you there yet. A bit more training first." He snorted with a grin, shaking his head as he let a sigh of relief escape his maw at the knowledge that she was safe and not seriously harmed.

Sol found himself laughing as he listened to her words. "Bel... You seem to forget that I have wings. Leading me off of a cliff would be more dangerous for you than for me." He retorted, shaking his head again and laughing softly. Not that he would let her fall either... but he was definitely more equipped for that type of fiasco than the aquatic mare beside him.

"Nor have I..." He murmured as the waves of color started to undulate more violently. Streams of color, like searching fingers, started to escape from the main mass of the aurora. Golden eyes followed each path, watching them worming closer to the pair. Was this some incarnation of the gods? As they came ever closer, Sol stepped forward and flared his wings to protect the mare he cherished.

One finger of the waves of color came ever closer, the magic within licking at his flared wings. Before he could react, the entire aurora shifted yet again. The full mass barreled into his chest, causing him to cry out and fall to his knees. He felt like he was aflame, white hot pain licking his limbs and searing through his very blood.

After what seemed to be an eternity, Sol opened his eyes and glanced at the sky. The pull was gone, dissipating when the aurora struck him. Almost as if the aurora was what had called him. Taking a moment to take stock, he realized that he was on the ground, laying flat on his side and crushing one pair of wings. A low groan escaped his lips as he levered himself to his feet with a sluggishness that was unusual for the large stallion.

As he got his bearings, he stretched the dual wings, checking for injuries from his fall. The ones he had landed upon were sore and twinged as he moved them, but seemed uninjured otherwise. What he didnt realize was that he was glowing. His hooves... his eyes... even the flight feathers of his wings... There was a glow reminiscent of the sun leaking from his very frame. His temperature was hotter than before, hot enough that he could feel the excess heat within him. His hooves seemed to be flaring, crackling with extra vigor along the rocks. It was almost as if he could feel the heat from them, though perhaps he really could feel true heat for the first time. Every nerve in his body was raw and confused by what had just happened.

Lifting his head, he found Bel's face and just stared at her. At the one being that had always been at his side. At the one that he was terrified of hurting. His voice was as rough as gravel as he spoke. "Are you... unharmed?" He asked, haltingly as he tried to wrap his brain around the chaos that had just swamped him.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: <3

Dusk Court Battlemage

B e l o w Z e r o
Bel tilted her head, pouting slightly, " Why does that dictate a true victory. I overcame, and that should be what marks it a victory, not leaving without injury. A true victory shouldn't depend on if you can or cannot walk away free from scratch, but if you overtake the world, you prove yourself stronger than your avisary - when you succeed, drive the attacker off, you should see strength in that victory. That strength will be what drives you to be stronger still." She stated, her tone going a bit more strong towards the end. She returned his frown however, shaking her head, "My people are wrong about their view on injuries, I know that now. I'm being treated rather than hiding myself away, so do not worry - alright?" She stated firmly, nodding her head with determination. She'd seen from her sister just how much you could keep going, and her injury was worse than a few claw marks.

She did grin at his words, her head held high, "I'll get there though. Just wait, training will come, I'm already asking around Terrastella for anyone to help on my defense. I'll figure it out, surely." She stated with a quick nod of her head, laughing merrily. Of course at the idea of him using wings to avoid being led off a cliff, she huffed, rolling her eyes, "I'm a marine creature from icy locations, I'll just slide down the cliff side like a penguin." She stated, her tone playful, "But the wings, they're totally cheating in this hypothetical situation." She added, with a smile.

Suddenly their speech was halted as waves of color picked up, alarming the mare, who instantly took a few steps back. From her back, Yuki let out an alarmed hiss, and both marine creatures were instantly on alert. As the colors seemed to come towards them, Sol moved, wings spread, protecting her, and she flinched in alarm as the magic touched him, and with a suddenly hurling motion it slammed into his center, a cry leaving his muzzle, the stallion falling to his knees. Alarmed, Bel moved forward, only to retreat by the heat of the area, the heat pouring off her friend, her damp form practically sizzling as the water in her skin was sizzled off. She retreated hesitantly, standing a further distance away, uncertain worried.

Finally the stallion seemed to come around, a groan leaving as he slowly pulled himself up, stretching out. The heat died down, slowly seeming to settle, even if he remained a little warmer than normal, but . . . but he wasn't . . . There was a glow, like the sun had settled into him. Not like her own glow in the night, his was the glow of stars, hers was the glo of bioluminescence. She could feel the heat still, hotter than before, and she watched his hooves actually crackle the rock from where the snow had melted away. He turned towards her, and she hesitated at the sight of the glowing eyes, primal and unknown to her. His voice was halting, rough, but she nodded, "Are . . are you? You're . . . Sol, you're glowing." She moved forward again, each step hesitant, but like before that excess heat, that rolled off him had her pausing a little further away than normal, not like before, but still a bit of a distance as she forced herself to become accustomed to it.

The steps closer were slow, her face impassive to not show the struggle, before she was at his side and checking him over. However, the moment her muzzle touched him, the audible hiss and sizzle of boiling water and steam was heard, and the aquatic mare leapt back again with a slight hiss of her own, rubbing her nose against the snow to redampen the area, "You're hotter than before. I wonder . . . if it has to do with the glow, the . . . lights? Sol. What happened?" She asked, raising her head again, unharmed other than the surprise of the sudden evaporation.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes::
Artist Credit to Bingo

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »