Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Interactive Quest  - Fly High and Touch the Sun

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
The mare smiled fondly at Yukime's behavior, glancing towards her friend with a soft laugh, "Oh, I definitely wouldn't bother with being offended by anything from her. Yuki is just very . . . unimpressed by anything land based. I think she gets pouty over how dry and hot it can be. Just wait, she'll perk up after a bit in the mountain." She suggested. The serpent responded with a gentle slap of her tail, the edge of the fin slapping against the still tender and healing flesh of her limb, causing Bel to wince with a hiss, to which the serpent jolted up in alarm, and a silent apology was passed from the bonded to the mare, "It's fine, you didn't meant to." She assured her friend, shifting to relieve the slight sting the prod had brought to her injury.

She didn't give it much thought anyway - as she's checking in on her best friend far more important. His frown had her own frown tugging at her features, before tilting her head when he commented on feeling warm. Bel instantly moved closer, brushing her muzzle against his lower cheek (the closest she could reach to the forehead, comparing his temperature to her cooler one - used to the usual difference in temperatures and instantly she was frowning again, "Just warm? You're a lot warmer than normal. You're usually a good deal hotter than I am, but not like this. You're not feeling bad otherwise? We'll just have to be careful on our adventure today - I don't want you getting ill on us, or passing out half way up the mountain." She stated gently, before rolling her eyes at his laughter, "Oh yes, let's make a joke about how you're running a fever, very responsible, Sol dear." She retorted, like a mother lecturing her foal.

At his comment of it being a touch like the song, her eyes lit up a little, wondering what it might be that was waiting up there, and desperate to find out. It was with a giggle that the mare began to climb the mountain for the first time, excited to see what might be up there, waiting for him to find it. Her steps were a little shorter than normal, however, taking careful care of the healing wound that she didn't need Luvena clucking her tongue at her for reopening (or worse, Lu telling Pol that she'd re-injured herself because of an adventure!). It wasn't long however before she suggest he take the lead as the path narrowed, and began to grow more steep. She followed eagerly as the cold wrapped around her in a comfortable embrace, her breath leaving her with a familiar woosh of visible fog. Vibrant cyyan eyes took in the world around her eagerly.

As the mountain bean to level out, Bel looked around curiously at the clearing, drawing in a deep breath of cold air. On her back, Yukime was up and alert, and within a short moment had lept from her back and was rolling around in the snow, drawing a giggle from the arctic mare. She herself was stretching in the coolness, a delighted little shiver running down her spine, fins flaring in the cold and her muzzle turning up in a happy smile. She smiled warmly at her friend, grinning brightly at him, "I can't believe I haven't tried coming up here yet! It's amazing! So, has your song settled down yet?" She asked curiously.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: HOW DID WE FORGOT ABOUT HER INJURY >.> I'm imagining this has to have happened after she began to properly healing - so that it would be a bit more conceivable that he didn't notice the wound? -coughs-
Artist Credit to Bingo

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Sol Bestiam - 02-04-2021, 03:13 PM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Below Zero - 02-05-2021, 07:43 PM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Sol Bestiam - 02-06-2021, 08:33 PM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Below Zero - 02-07-2021, 11:55 AM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Sol Bestiam - 02-16-2021, 01:42 PM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Below Zero - 02-20-2021, 03:12 PM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Sol Bestiam - 02-23-2021, 01:45 PM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Below Zero - 02-24-2021, 07:12 PM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Sol Bestiam - 03-07-2021, 06:56 PM