Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Interactive Quest  - Fly High and Touch the Sun

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

This flaming guardian could be your worst nightmare...

Sol found himself rolling his eyes as he listened to his dearest friend. "A battle where you can leave without injury is a true victory. You came out triumphant in the end... but damage was done. And I am also more than aware of how your species treats injuries. I will not have you disappearing because you are injured and think you will bring harm to those that love you." He frowned at her, flicking an ear as he glanced at her companion.

"That being said, you seem to be at least on your way towards being a warrior... but I wouldnt place you there yet. A bit more training first." He snorted with a grin, shaking his head as he let a sigh of relief escape his maw at the knowledge that she was safe and not seriously harmed.

Sol found himself laughing as he listened to her words. "Bel... You seem to forget that I have wings. Leading me off of a cliff would be more dangerous for you than for me." He retorted, shaking his head again and laughing softly. Not that he would let her fall either... but he was definitely more equipped for that type of fiasco than the aquatic mare beside him.

"Nor have I..." He murmured as the waves of color started to undulate more violently. Streams of color, like searching fingers, started to escape from the main mass of the aurora. Golden eyes followed each path, watching them worming closer to the pair. Was this some incarnation of the gods? As they came ever closer, Sol stepped forward and flared his wings to protect the mare he cherished.

One finger of the waves of color came ever closer, the magic within licking at his flared wings. Before he could react, the entire aurora shifted yet again. The full mass barreled into his chest, causing him to cry out and fall to his knees. He felt like he was aflame, white hot pain licking his limbs and searing through his very blood.

After what seemed to be an eternity, Sol opened his eyes and glanced at the sky. The pull was gone, dissipating when the aurora struck him. Almost as if the aurora was what had called him. Taking a moment to take stock, he realized that he was on the ground, laying flat on his side and crushing one pair of wings. A low groan escaped his lips as he levered himself to his feet with a sluggishness that was unusual for the large stallion.

As he got his bearings, he stretched the dual wings, checking for injuries from his fall. The ones he had landed upon were sore and twinged as he moved them, but seemed uninjured otherwise. What he didnt realize was that he was glowing. His hooves... his eyes... even the flight feathers of his wings... There was a glow reminiscent of the sun leaking from his very frame. His temperature was hotter than before, hot enough that he could feel the excess heat within him. His hooves seemed to be flaring, crackling with extra vigor along the rocks. It was almost as if he could feel the heat from them, though perhaps he really could feel true heat for the first time. Every nerve in his body was raw and confused by what had just happened.

Lifting his head, he found Bel's face and just stared at her. At the one being that had always been at his side. At the one that he was terrified of hurting. His voice was as rough as gravel as he spoke. "Are you... unharmed?" He asked, haltingly as he tried to wrap his brain around the chaos that had just swamped him.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: <3

CREDIT to Miss Sparkle (offsite)

Messages In This Thread
Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Sol Bestiam - 02-04-2021, 03:13 PM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Below Zero - 02-05-2021, 07:43 PM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Sol Bestiam - 02-06-2021, 08:33 PM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Below Zero - 02-07-2021, 11:55 AM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Sol Bestiam - 02-16-2021, 01:42 PM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Below Zero - 02-20-2021, 03:12 PM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Sol Bestiam - 02-23-2021, 01:45 PM