Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Interactive Quest  - Fly High and Touch the Sun

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
Bel tilted her head, pouting slightly, " Why does that dictate a true victory. I overcame, and that should be what marks it a victory, not leaving without injury. A true victory shouldn't depend on if you can or cannot walk away free from scratch, but if you overtake the world, you prove yourself stronger than your avisary - when you succeed, drive the attacker off, you should see strength in that victory. That strength will be what drives you to be stronger still." She stated, her tone going a bit more strong towards the end. She returned his frown however, shaking her head, "My people are wrong about their view on injuries, I know that now. I'm being treated rather than hiding myself away, so do not worry - alright?" She stated firmly, nodding her head with determination. She'd seen from her sister just how much you could keep going, and her injury was worse than a few claw marks.

She did grin at his words, her head held high, "I'll get there though. Just wait, training will come, I'm already asking around Terrastella for anyone to help on my defense. I'll figure it out, surely." She stated with a quick nod of her head, laughing merrily. Of course at the idea of him using wings to avoid being led off a cliff, she huffed, rolling her eyes, "I'm a marine creature from icy locations, I'll just slide down the cliff side like a penguin." She stated, her tone playful, "But the wings, they're totally cheating in this hypothetical situation." She added, with a smile.

Suddenly their speech was halted as waves of color picked up, alarming the mare, who instantly took a few steps back. From her back, Yuki let out an alarmed hiss, and both marine creatures were instantly on alert. As the colors seemed to come towards them, Sol moved, wings spread, protecting her, and she flinched in alarm as the magic touched him, and with a suddenly hurling motion it slammed into his center, a cry leaving his muzzle, the stallion falling to his knees. Alarmed, Bel moved forward, only to retreat by the heat of the area, the heat pouring off her friend, her damp form practically sizzling as the water in her skin was sizzled off. She retreated hesitantly, standing a further distance away, uncertain worried.

Finally the stallion seemed to come around, a groan leaving as he slowly pulled himself up, stretching out. The heat died down, slowly seeming to settle, even if he remained a little warmer than normal, but . . . but he wasn't . . . There was a glow, like the sun had settled into him. Not like her own glow in the night, his was the glow of stars, hers was the glo of bioluminescence. She could feel the heat still, hotter than before, and she watched his hooves actually crackle the rock from where the snow had melted away. He turned towards her, and she hesitated at the sight of the glowing eyes, primal and unknown to her. His voice was halting, rough, but she nodded, "Are . . are you? You're . . . Sol, you're glowing." She moved forward again, each step hesitant, but like before that excess heat, that rolled off him had her pausing a little further away than normal, not like before, but still a bit of a distance as she forced herself to become accustomed to it.

The steps closer were slow, her face impassive to not show the struggle, before she was at his side and checking him over. However, the moment her muzzle touched him, the audible hiss and sizzle of boiling water and steam was heard, and the aquatic mare leapt back again with a slight hiss of her own, rubbing her nose against the snow to redampen the area, "You're hotter than before. I wonder . . . if it has to do with the glow, the . . . lights? Sol. What happened?" She asked, raising her head again, unharmed other than the surprise of the sudden evaporation.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes::
Artist Credit to Bingo

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Sol Bestiam - 02-04-2021, 03:13 PM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Below Zero - 02-05-2021, 07:43 PM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Sol Bestiam - 02-06-2021, 08:33 PM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Below Zero - 02-07-2021, 11:55 AM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Sol Bestiam - 02-16-2021, 01:42 PM