Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Interactive Quest  - Fly High and Touch the Sun

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

This flaming guardian could be your worst nightmare...

Sol snorted as he listened to her pouting. She got more self assured as she spoke and he chuckled even more. "At least you are learning wisdom to temper the desire to battle. That was the view my father took when training me. I have since learned that being able to battle without harm does not always mean that you are the strongest, merely the luckiest." He answered as he dipped his massive head.

"I am glad that you have learned as much. I would hate to see you wallow in such a slight injury and disappear from my side forever." He teased, pressing his warm muzzle to her neck.

Sol nodded as he flicked an ear back. "I will not offer... I find that I am not the greatest teacher when it comes to fighting. That being said, if you find that you need a sparring partner later, I would be honored." He spoke, chuckling along with her as they moved.

"If you are capable of sliding down a cliff face, than my wings are definitely not cheating! They are a means of saving oneself and making sure that said being will survive having a best friend that is sassy and ornery and willing to push you off of a cliff." He teased, shaking his head as he felt the bliss of her company wash over him.

The aura of the sun, for that is what his body was telling him it was that had hit him, faded from the area, leaving just the typical warm sunlight to wash over them. It took a few moments for him to be able to feel his limbs, to sense where his body was and what he was feeling. The heat that was rolling off of his frame, hotter than normal. Nearly too hot for him to be able to tolerate. Shaking his head, he focused on what Bel was saying.

"Glowing?" He asked, lifting his head and trying to find the glow that she spoke of. His wings seemed to be sparkling, glowing at the tips. His eyes saw the glow as beautiful and striking, something unique to him. Dipping his head, he glanced at his hooves to see that there was more than the glow from his flames brightening the soil. The soil where there had initially been snowfall. Flicking an ear, he turned his head back to Bel. "I suppose I am... This is interesting..." He mused, dry humor back in place as he felt himself settle into his own body.

Her hesitation hurt his heart as he watched her step closer slowly. How did he control the heat? Could he control it? Or would he forever be kept apart from her? The hiss of her touch made him jump backwards. "Bel... I cant... Please... I dont want to harm you." He murmured sorrowfully, golden eyes closed as he dipped his head.

"I can feel the heat now. It is like the sun's aura heated me from the inside when it touched me. Like my cells are filled with it and I dont know how to turn it off." Frustration raced through his mind as he opened his eyes and gazed at her. Taking another step backwards, he felt the emotions playing with whatever magic was now tingling in his blood. The flames at his hooves grew stronger, barely controlled by his magic. The effect on the flames drained some of the heat from his body, something that startled him. His magic settled as fatigue raced through him. The radiation was still there, but it was tolerable.

"I think... I hope... That I will be able to control this. I just need time. I dont want to hurt you. I wouldnt survive that." He murmured, motioning to the path that they had traversed to get up to the top. "Please. Go where it is safe. I will find you when I have had time to figure out how to control this." He words were pleading as he gazed at her. Sol hated to drive her away, but he also didnt want to risk her. His pleading gaze found her companion. "Keep her safe... Even from me. Please Yuki..." He murmured softly.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: Wrapping up time <3

CREDIT to Miss Sparkle (offsite)

Messages In This Thread
Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Sol Bestiam - 02-04-2021, 03:13 PM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Below Zero - 02-05-2021, 07:43 PM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Sol Bestiam - 02-06-2021, 08:33 PM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Below Zero - 02-07-2021, 11:55 AM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Sol Bestiam - 02-16-2021, 01:42 PM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Below Zero - 02-20-2021, 03:12 PM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Sol Bestiam - 02-23-2021, 01:45 PM