Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Interactive Quest  - Fly High and Touch the Sun

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

This flaming guardian could be your worst nightmare...

Sol shook his massive head as he laughed. "You had better hope that one minor cut will not send you away. I will find you and kick your butt back to the mortal realm." He teased as he nudged his best friend.

The glow was a bit disconcerting... but he felt normal now that his body had settled back to the earth and normal feelings. Perhaps a bit of sensory overload, but nothing ill or painful. "I dont think I am injured... Things are a bit intense sensory wise... but no pain or discomfort." He remarked, glowing golden eyes searching his frame for any injuries.

Sol frowned at the mare as she stepped to his side. "Damn it Bel. I dont want to harm you. You mean too much to me. If I did anything that hurt you... I wouldnt forgive myself." He murmured, afraid to touch her.

Her reaction to his stepping away brought a smile to his face, emotions warring in his heart. "Hotter than the sun, huh? I knew you found me attractive." He winked as he teased the smaller mare, though his heart was not wholly in his jest. He was still fighting the temperature that was warring with his system, feeling like it was going to cause him to ignite.

As she strode toward the trail down, he closed his eyes and sighed. "I didnt mean it that way, Bel. I just want you to be safe in case I do superheat... in case I ignite." He murmured as he followed at a safe enough distance. He had dodged the fluke that had been aimed at him, barely. He was sure she would have felt the increased heat even with a few inches to spare from touching him. Emotions were dancing through is head, thoughts that were a mixture of pain and worry. If he harmed her... The idea alone was nearly enough to drive him to his knees. He knew that she didnt love him. Not as he had once hoped. He was happy enough being her friend. But the idea of being the cause of pain for the mare was something he couldnt handle.

When they reached the bottom of the mountain, Sol trailing a few lengths behind Bel to keep her from overheating, the draft mix stallion stopped and watched her. "I think I am over the worst of the heat. This was a bit more of an adventure than I expected..." The glow was starting to soften, the heat that had caused him to feel feverish starting to evaporate as he calmed his emotions and allowed himself to breathe. Perhaps there was a connection between emotions and the burnout that had felt like it was about to swamp him.

"Why dont we call it a day? I want to head to the library to see if I can find any information on the strange aurora." He commented, golden eyes watching her as his emotions settled back down. He took a step closer, watching her vapors as he approached to tell him how she was handling the heat. The stallion was dying to embrace her, to reassure her that he would be fine. Yet he was terrified of the idea of giving himself hope that was unwarranted. Instead, he would allow her to make the choices and be happy as her friend. That was his decision, to let her set the tone of their relationship and the moves that they made. As soon as she left, he would take to the skies toward the library and some serious research.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: I think we can call this complete once Bel does final post <3

CREDIT to Miss Sparkle (offsite)

Messages In This Thread
Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Sol Bestiam - 02-04-2021, 03:13 PM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Below Zero - 02-05-2021, 07:43 PM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Sol Bestiam - 02-06-2021, 08:33 PM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Below Zero - 02-07-2021, 11:55 AM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Sol Bestiam - 02-16-2021, 01:42 PM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Below Zero - 02-20-2021, 03:12 PM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Sol Bestiam - 02-23-2021, 01:45 PM