Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - From whence you came [Island Disappearance]

Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
Bel shook, her entire body freezing as she stared at the angry sea, seeing the way the water crashed angrily against the sand, the rock, spray flying in a cascading hue of ivory. Bel couldn't move, feeling something was wrong in her bones. At her back, Yukime had wrapped her arms around Bel's neck, her own head lifted up and braced atop Bel's own, sniffing in alarm at what the due were watching.

And then, Bel's gaze turned towards the Island, and suddenly Bel ran, ran as far as she could as close to the Island that she'd explored daily, that she'd loved with all her heart, that she'd felt a connection too. She froze however when suddenly, suddenly the island was swallowed. Bel nearly stumbled over her hooves, as she slid to a stop so fast, eyes wide, breath leaving her in a startled gasp. There was a giant whirlpool of anger then, a violent swirl of action and reaction, pulsing and churning with everything that she could imagine. Bel was solid in her stance, muzzle snapping shut as she stared down the churning rift, the pulsing energy of something called back to where it came from. On her back, her bonded quivered, as if afraid she would be cast back to a dead planet she'd escaped from if she got to close. Bel herself felt that same concern, but sent back to where the pod circled the waters of the arctic.

And then, others arrived, Bel doesn't notice until she feels that Yukime's attention has turned. For the first time since her time in Novus, Bel's eyes lay on the gods, all four gathered. She doesn't approach the beings that she doesn't pay patronage too, her own goddess locked away on a dead or dying planet, and unable to not give her love to the Sea Empress despite the distance. But that doesn't mean she doesn't give respect to the four who rule this land, head bowing to each in turn, before her gaze returns to the angry sea, her gaze soft, sad for it, for the rift that could mean anything.

Yukime's gaze returns to the rift as well, "The sea knew the island had stayed too long, in a place it didn't belong. May the sea never cast me out, least I forget the home I pay patronage too." She whispered quietly to the bonded on her back. She felt Yukime nod along, before the two silent stood still to watch.

"Bel"
Yukime

Notes:: Poor Bel feels a touch lost and confused.

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: From whence you came [Island Disappearance] - by Below Zero - 02-20-2021, 05:58 PM