Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - with a diamond mind.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Merovingia [PM] Posts: 6 — Threads: 2
Signos: 255
Inactive Character

With a soft note of wry self-derision, Jane outlined the origins of her dissatisfaction with the situation she found herself in. To be sure, being pushed into a role against one’s will could be less than ideal – but was that not what had happened to Vysanthe herself? Though she remained silent, listening to the youngling’s disappointment with the careless nature of youth, the songstress had to wonder if it was perhaps an overabundance of privilege and lack of adversity that had created Jane’s dilemma.

Indeed, compared to the trials and hardships of some in the world – even here in the heart of Delumine – Jane’s false veneer of what she seemed to think of as worldliness was frail.

”I may not be old, but I have seen a fair share of the realms and the troubles that many face,” Vy began delicately, cleaning the traces of blackberry juice from her lips. ”A day may come when you wish fervently for the carefree nature of these times; it could be the most ardent desire of your heart to return to such a state.”

Though Vysanthe’s expression was a smile of benevolence, the inward facets of her mind couldn’t help marveling at how the mareling lacked understanding of her good fortune. That she had not been thrown with the usual cold callousness of Fate into some form of servitude – one painful lesson after another learned in pursuit of scraping a meager existence – did not seem to have registered on any level in her mind.

’How lucky she is, to be so free of care or worry that it becomes a problem, rather than a freedom.’

”I did not originally make the choice to become what I am,” she continued, leaning on the cadences of proper oration to prevent any notes of irony or sarcasm from leaving her tongue. ”I was younger than you are now – only barely weaned – when my mother gave me over to the Bard’s College. I never knew my father, and she had no interest in child-rearing.” Vysanthe kept a close eye upon Jane to gauge her reactions to the story – would she pick up on the message she was sketching, like a spider spinning a web from the outside in?

”Perhaps some would say I had no other choice, but I maintain that I chose to dedicate my life to the opportunity that was given to me. I found a genuine joy and interest in the cards Fate dealt me; perhaps you should examine the hand you have been dealt and choose something for yourself.” The seriousness of the conversation had to be lightened, Vy knew – she tilted her head and smiled gently at Jane. ”And with as many options as you may find you have, Jane, your choice may be easily changed.”

@Jane

it's only right that you should play the way you feel it
but listen carefully to the sound of your loneliness
character belongs to merovingia, coding by fallen, art by ray-gunz

Messages In This Thread
with a diamond mind. - by Vysanthe - 02-16-2021, 03:49 PM
RE: with a diamond mind. - by Jane - 02-16-2021, 04:36 PM
RE: with a diamond mind. - by Vysanthe - 02-18-2021, 10:52 AM
RE: with a diamond mind. - by Jane - 02-18-2021, 03:55 PM
RE: with a diamond mind. - by Vysanthe - 03-01-2021, 09:26 AM
RE: with a diamond mind. - by Jane - 03-05-2021, 09:55 AM
RE: with a diamond mind. - by Vysanthe - 03-07-2021, 12:10 AM