Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Touch The Stars - Jane

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

This flaming guardian could be your worst nightmare...

Sol sighed as he stretched his wings and let the early morning sunlight warm his frame. He could feel the radiation, something that he was still trying to get a feeling for. Magic was odd to say the least. His golden markings were glowing softly, barely more than usual as he was still starting to recharge from the chaos on the mountain. It was nearly a week later, and he was finally feeling like himself. The warmth of the sun soothed his muscles, relaxing him as he enjoyed it.

After bathing in the warm sun for a while, he tucked in his wings once again. The movements were controlled and careful, each wing being snapped against his sides and layered to make sure that there was no feathers tucked wrong. Stretching out his neck, he took a moment to gaze around him. The meadow was a place of pure peace for him, a place where he came to reset his mind and make himself feel normal.

Thanks to the bright, warm sunlight, his pelt showed the variance of colors that made up his nearly black coat. The sooty, dark roaning that was invisible unless under bright light. In normal situations, he looked simply black. It was often forgotten, even by himself, that he was not true black. His moonkissed limbs seemed to glow in the light, aided by the slight glow at his hooves and the flames that crackled softly against the soil.

While it was currently fall, it was gearing up to be a warmer day. A momentary thought to his best friend had him figuring that she would be hiding in the shadows or even deep in the water to escape the warmth. The idea that he was heat and light while his truest friend was ice and cold made him laugh. It was such an amusing idea. As he directed his thoughts from the friend that he cherished, he found them straying back to the conversation he had held with another. The challenge that he had given himself to figure out what he wanted to do as a merchant. The pull to create a network. Taking time to think, he kept his eyes alert and watchful for anyone that might come near.

"Speaking"
@Jane
Notes: ---

CREDIT to Miss Sparkle (offsite)

Played by Offline wild / jet [PM] Posts: 85 — Threads: 12
Signos: 1,300
Day Court Scholar
Female [she/her]  |  7 [Year 503 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 28  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

jane

Jane would have to go home soon. The thought filled her with a bit of grief, but she reminded herself not yet. Of course, the word ‘home’ was used lightly. Solterra was merely a base; its walls a prison. There were no dungeons in Angora, and even if there were they could never have locked her up. It was not a sin to flirt. At least not a legal one. But it could ruin your life, and this was something Jane had learned. 

There was beauty in Novus. And there was beauty in isolation. This too, Jane was learning as she wandered the lands of this kingdom. Every few hours brought some new vista, some new strangle of beauty that nearly overwhelmed her. So great was this emotion that Jane found herself embarrassed despite her lack of audience. Instead she tried to tuck her mind inwards, focus on walking. It was better than the boredom of that house in Solterra, sitting for hours, going to coffee shops, wandering sandy streets that had no idea who she was. The Angoran, the new Vogelstein. Never anything more than an epithet. 

The field before Jane stretched out like a sky of green. There were no flowers that had outlasted Spring, but the sun was warm with the dying gasps of Summer and warmed her dark skin. Not black, but the brown of memory. The air was warm and uncomplicated, the final sounds of insects occasionally zipping past her ears.

She bent her head and grazed from the grass, sweet with the sugars of dew that had yet to evaporate. A few hours passed. She would have to be home by tomorrow, but at least for now she could relish in a sun that felt like it loved her. 

After these hours, Jane suddenly realised that she was not alone. She lifted her head and in the distance saw a figure of a horse that seemed black in the sunlight. From here she could see gold on his hide, and indeed he didn’t look too different from herself. Curious, Jane stepped in the direction. Her sense of smell told her that it was a stallion. 

“Hello there!” Jane called out and fought the flush of embarrassment in her stomach. You have to learn to talk to people, hissed her mother’s voice, and she descended the slope to where she could see him more easily. He was taller than her, an admirable feat. “It’s a beautiful day.”

@[Sol Bestiam] / speaks / hello there!

Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

Sol smiled as he heard the voice calling out. He had found that he definitely enjoyed the prospect of meeting new faces now. Before his time away, he had been uneasy at the idea, afraid of what he might do. But now that he had closure, he was much calmer. There were faces he would love to see again, though he didnt even know if they were still in the realm. Names fluttered through his brain as he turned to greet the mare that had called.

And he was fairly certain that it was a mare. The tones of her voice told him much, while the scent that graced his senses finished clearing up any questions. Dipping his massive head in greeting, he smiled at the pretty mare.

"Hello." He said warmly, his rich voice reminiscent of sunlight on warm days and heat from flames. His very flesh was warmer than average, likely thanks to the radiation that seemed to simmer in his very blood.

"It is definitely a wonderful day. Though it's beauty may be eclipsed by a beautiful face." He answered, winking at the chocolate hued mare. Sol's golden gaze took in the fade to black across her limbs and face, catching on her white markings on her face as well as the striking golds that were so similar to his own hue. Such a striking figure.

The mare was tall, though still a few hands smaller than he. Compared to his draft build, she seemed almost delicate. Their eyes were nearly the same hue, a fact that he couldnt help but smile at. They were definitely a striking pair in the warmth of the fall morning.

"I am Sol..." He introduced, his voice dripping with honey as he gazed at her.

"Speaking"
@Jane
Notes: Someone is feeling flirty today XD

Day Court Scholar
Female [she/her]  |  7 [Year 503 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 28  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

jane

In the easy afternoon light, the stallion stood out easily against his surroundings. From her vantage point on the hill she could see the air of power that came with him. Gold bled into black, soft and regal. Jane could catch in the scent of him alone, in the flash of nostrils breathing in air, that he was a creature of stature. She had been the tallest foal in her year of both fillies and colts, and even in Solterra she often found herself hulking over the mares in her posse. It certainly made things difficult when she desired anyone.

Castor had been taller. 19 hands, and all the fillies had loved him. Adored him. But it was Jane who talked to him, Jane who flirted with him. It was never going to be love, the both of them knew that, but it was Jane’s first something. Besides, a mateship with him wouldn’t have been in the worst thing in the world. He was handsome, after all.

But this stallion- for the first time in her life, Jane felt small. It wasn’t a bad thing, but it was new. As she stalked to meet him, he seemed to grow and she to shrink, until she was standing in his shadow. The two of them certainly looked striking, she thought. Dark coats were interrupted by the colour of royalty and majesty. With his thick, shire legs and her lithe assembly of youthful muscle, it was a sight to behold.

Hello. Ah, yes. A charming male. He reminded her a lot of Castor already. Jane could sense the heat from his body, even without standing too close. It's definitely a wonderful day, though its beauty may be eclipsed by a beautiful face. Jane would have flushed at the words, but they also amused her. “It could be both. Although, you’re definitely rather striking as well.” She snorted a little, taking a step to the side. The edge of her hoof crossed where his shadow hit the ground and dug slightly into the ground as she relaxed. “Sol, hmm? That means sun, yes?” She chuckled, looking at his black figure. Yet the gold stuck out, like a star in a midnight sky. “I’m Jane. It’s not as fancy a name as Sol, I hope that it doesn’t disappoint you.” 

@[Sol Bestiam] / speaks / he's not the only one who's flirty haha

Dusk Court Blacksmith

Sol watched the mare approach, ear flicking as he realized that she was probably one of the closest in stature to his towering height. Still shorter than he, though that didnt surprise him. The similarities were striking, the gold accenting each coat and the eyes even similarly hued. It made him smile as he dipped his head in greeting.

He listened to her words, her comment about him being striking as well and grinned. "Hard not to stand out in the quiet meadows when your coat is dark." He laughed softly, taking in her more earthy hues. She was a gorgeous creature, a being of the earth and caressed by the sun. "I find that your gorgeous pelt is much more at home in the area, earthy and warm. A beauty born of autumn." He murmured, gold eyes almost molten with warmth.

"Yep... much better sounding than my full name." Sol snorted as he answered her query. "My sire wanted a warrior for his son, so I was saddled with the name Sun Beast... Sol Bestiam... I usually ignore the latter part since I am not the warrior I once was." At least not in actions. He still was confident that he could hold his own should he need to, but he was not one that wanted to be stuck in the middle of conflicts.

Jane... He rolled the name across his mind, smiling at the feminine innocence that seemed to drip from it. Not a creature that was spoiled and told everything was theirs. Not a beast that needed to sate his bloodlust. "It may not be fancy, but it is beautiful. Fitting for such an elegant and striking mare. I dont think you could disappoint me... " Not that he held stock in others until they had learned more about him. He still had the fear of getting close to another. The fear that he would react as he did as a youth and hurt someone. That was a big part of why he hadnt really put himself out there and tried to meet others. The fear of being rejected on his past alone made it hard.

"Speaking"
@Jane
Notes: <3

Day Court Scholar

jane

Jane was pleased that he did not reject her words but instead leaned into them. It wouldn’t have been awful if he rejected it, but it was nice nonetheless. His compliments sent a thrill through her body, coupling with the sun to make her warm. She tipped her head, opening herself up to receiving them. “I was born in the Summer,” she retorted, half-teasing. Between the two of them, the difference was in the undertones. Her body was the brown of the earth, while his carried a darkness belied by blue. 

“Once were? How old are you?” She smiled and turned her body, glancing him over once more. “You couldn’t be more than ten, you’re hardly of retiring age. Unless my eyes deceive me.” Sol Bestiam. That was Latin- he had to come from an educated family. A little joy spiked in her, as she considered her assessment. 

“Jane means ‘God is gracious’, or so I’ve heard. I don’t know about that, though. Which God, after all?” She chuckled, sinking her head a little bit as she relaxed. “What brings you to these meadows? Are you a simple traveller? Or do you have business to attend to?”

@[Sol Bestiam] / speaks / he's not the only one who's flirty haha

Dusk Court Blacksmith

Golden eyes watched her reactions to his words, a smile permanently on his face as he gazed at her. "As was I... perhaps that is why the sun caresses our bodies and paints us with its glow." He murmured softly, his voice rich and silky. "Though I will say your grace is that of autumn, warm and inviting while richer in hue than what you usually see in summer. My own colors are more reminiscent of midnight in winter, snow lightening the depths of the darkness and painted by the glow of flames." He laughed softly, stepping closer to her.

The question of age made him laugh, eyes twinkling as he watched her. "I am definitely not older than ten. I am eight. Lets just say that I had a very... traumatic... upbringing." There it was. The sign that he was growing up and learning more about himself. Admitting that he had been raised very different from the stallion that he had become. That his rather violent past had created a figure wiser than many his own age. He refused to ask her own age, finding that he hated the idea of prying into a mare's private life unless she offered the knowledge herself.

Sol found himself laughing yet again as she spoke. "Perhaps all of them combined. Who is to say which one takes precedent in making you the beautiful, strong, elegant creature that you are? The rich beauty of your coat could be a gift from Caligo, her passion and protection gracing you with a coat that is warm and the color of molten chocolate. The striking golds could be gifts from Solis, the warmth of the sun at it's highest. The multi-faceted Vespera may have graced your form with the striking features, the beautiful planes of your face, the strength in your muscles and limbs." He smiled, his golden eyes taking her in once again as he spoke. "Or, perhaps the gods decided to come together to create a being as lovely as yourself, making you blessed by them all." He winked, lifting his head as he watched her.

"Speaking"
@Jane

Day Court Scholar

jane

jane

Sol had a nice smile. Jane felt as though her body were soft, leaning into his direction as a sunflower towards the sun. “It is very beautiful. You are very beautiful.” He stepped closer, and Jane felt the heat reflecting from his body. She nearly felt like she was baking in the sun. He laughed as she asked his age, and she tipped her head at his answer. A traumatic upbringing. Jane didn’t know anything about trauma, but she could appreciate the wisdom in his voice. He was a figure who knew what he was doing, even though he liked a bit of fun. 

Jane laughed quietly with him and curled closer. “You’re not that much older than me; I turned four this past summer. I hope that isn’t something that is judged in this land.” 

She laughed at the mention of the gods. She wasn’t very aware of these deities, and their names didn’t mean anything to her. 

“We have different mythology, where I come from. And what of you, are you not a beast?” She dropped her voice a little, flirting. “I imagine that the deities participated in your origin too. That Estos made the lines of your sinew, that it must have been Costera who dipped you in the river of the sun,” she said, referencing her own gods.  

@[Sol Bestiam] / speaks / jane is the pointing fingers emoji 

Dusk Court Blacksmith

There was a softness, a suppleness that seemed to be in her features as they connected. His muzzle dipped toward her neck, her own warmth having an air of coolness against his warmth. "I'm beautiful, huh..." He laughed softly, his voice like dark velvet as the tones dropped.

Sol nodded, eyes never leaving her face. "Not much older at all. I dont know if it is judged in Novus. I just recently returned after a trip back to where I grew up and am learning more about the changes. I know that I dont have any issues with the age difference..." Her murmured, voice turning seductive as he spoke.

Sol flicked an ear and smirked at the question of his beast nature. "Any mythology that I know of is from my time here. I may not be a beast in general, but I am sure that I could be if the occasion called for it." His voice dripped with seduction as he pressed his muzzle toward her frame again. "The names of your gods are foreign, but striking none the less. I find that I am fascinated by learning more about those that hold strong to my interest." He murmured.

"Are you new to Novus?" He asked softly, trying to learn more without fully prying.

"Speaking"
@Jane

Day Court Scholar

jane

Jane shivered a little bit as Sol’s muzzle dipped towards her skin. She was not used to touch, and she hoped that that wasn’t obvious. She returned the gesture- he was handsome, and confident. “Very beautiful,” she replied, and took a moment to consider that he smelt beautiful too. I know that I have no issue with the age difference. So he was definitely receptive. Jane smirked to herself. “Neither do I.”

His comments on her deities made a little thrill in her chest. She didn’t really know if they were real, didn’t know if she was theist or devotee. Once again, she shivered at his words, for it had been a long time since she had experienced any of this kind of attention. At the back of her mind, Jane thought of the fact that this had been what kicked her out, that this had been what had ruined her in the eyes of her court, in her nation, in her family. But she was young, and rebellious, and simply didn’t care. She nudged her nose gently against his neck; admiring the fact that he was tall enough for her to have to reach. “I can be beastly myself, too.” 

Angora had been a land of not just four gods, but of thousands. It was said that they walked among the herd, taking different forms. Aalis, the first creator, who had spun the world from a story at a party. They were sober figures, but a number of them were known to be not as admirable. Drunkards, creeps, troubadours, these were the figures that decorated her mythology. Jane had learnt about all of them, of course. “I’d be happy to tell you more, if our conversation continues,” she said, nearly a purr.

At the question of her stay in Novus, she hesitated a bit before speaking. “What is ‘new’, anyway? A day, a week, a year? I’ve been here a month, so I would say that I’m new, but it’s hard to be sure. You mentioned that you had returned to Novus, so would you classify yourself as new?” Jane challenged slightly, amusement in her voice. 

@[Sol Bestiam] / speaks / <3 to u too 

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »