Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - In the dark of the universe

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline wild / jet [PM] Posts: 85 — Threads: 12
Signos: 1,300
Day Court Scholar
Female [she/her]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 28  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

jane

Standing on the shore, Jane watched the creature with concern. It looked regal, something completely new and of itself against the backdrop of the universe. The waves occasionally passed her body. Jane twitched a little as ice cold water slid past her hocks. It felt like it entered her veins, her lungs, her stomach. Jane felt herself being watched by the creature; rose-like eyes seeming to search for something beyond Jane’s skin and flesh. It was no use, she wanted to say. There’s nothing here but flesh and blood, my pumping heart, my liver. If you open me up for all the knowledge in the world, you will find nothing. 

She felt herself staring back, and wished she could look away. How impolite, how crude, how low, and yet her eyes were drawn to the other with an unrelenting magnetism; like a planet caught in orbit as it passed a star. Dust of incorporeal colours, colours without name, brushed from the horse’s withers. Was it a horse? Jane didn’t know if it was anything at all. 

They started to tread towards the shore, and it was clear that the motions were measured; slow. Not predatory at all. Jane stayed in place as the two finally shared the same ground. Well, they both shared solid ground. She took another moment, drinking in the other’s appearance as though it were fine liquor. You are so beautiful, she wanted to say, You are so beautiful that I think it could kill me, if you wanted it to. 

They were awkward, shy, silent. This took nothing from the figure’s beauty, and if anything it accentuated it. How removed, how alien, how lost was this person? There was the distinct air of loss and mourning in the air, Jane thought. The air was thick with it, like the waves were thick with foam. 

They appeared to hyperfocus on Jane’s words, and Jane took a half-step in their direction. Then they stepped forward, and Jane felt her muscles twitching. There was overextension in every part of her. But something seemed to affect the other, and their energy changed to one calm, almost relieved

The touch of their muzzle was soft and unexpected. It felt like randomness, and Jane shivered at the thought that all things came to this one moment. Warmth, silence, something unknown and unnamed. Part of that which was unnamed flowed into Jane, too. She understood, underneath it all, that this one was lost too. Jane felt like a blister rubbed raw. 

“Have you eaten?” she kept her voice low, and the sound of the water battled for dominance. “It’ll warm you up.” At the same moment, she took a step to the side and nudged her head in direction of the hills. Jane had known those who lacked her language, but this was different. Somehow, she felt like there were words that went deeper than speech. 

@[Veil Nebula] / speaks / oh my god my muse just like. exploded at 1.30 am i love that for me

Messages In This Thread
In the dark of the universe - by Veil Nebula - 02-20-2021, 06:37 PM
RE: In the dark of the universe - by Jane - 02-21-2021, 04:15 PM
RE: In the dark of the universe - by Veil Nebula - 02-21-2021, 05:16 PM
RE: In the dark of the universe - by Jane - 02-22-2021, 11:21 AM
RE: In the dark of the universe - by Veil Nebula - 02-22-2021, 01:22 PM
RE: In the dark of the universe - by Jane - 02-22-2021, 07:27 PM
RE: In the dark of the universe - by Veil Nebula - 02-23-2021, 08:11 AM
RE: In the dark of the universe - by Jane - 02-23-2021, 05:55 PM
RE: In the dark of the universe - by Veil Nebula - 02-24-2021, 04:08 AM
RE: In the dark of the universe - by Jane - 02-24-2021, 08:49 AM
RE: In the dark of the universe - by Veil Nebula - 02-24-2021, 09:01 PM