Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - In the dark of the universe

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline wild / jet [PM] Posts: 85 — Threads: 12
Signos: 1,300
Day Court Scholar
Female [she/her]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 28  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

jane

Jane felt a cosmic duty towards this other mare. Her entire being was pulled towards this figure like water down a mountain side. And at least part of it was mutual as they followed her up the mountain. It didn’t appear that the mare perceived danger down on this shore, but in many ways it seemed like ignorance from not being taught. Not a word had passed from the companion’s lips, and it was quickly becoming evident that she wouldn’t. This didn’t mean she was simple, though. No, it seemed as though there was some core truth in her. What stories did she possess, what knowledge did she own? Jane felt compelled to uncover it, but also to protect it as well as the figure that held them.

It was a type of recognition, in a way. Seeing the figure in the water, looking lost amidst the stars and waves, Jane saw something of herself. Also lost, also alone, yet striving for something more. She saw fear in the figure’s movements, a kind of estrangement that Jane herself had felt more than a couple of times. 

On the ground, the figure’s aura felt cool; soft as it bled over towards Jane. Gratitude was alive in the other’s eyes, and Jane nearly felt guilty in response. It felt like a sin to do anything other than help the creature who was so spectacularly beautiful that she seemed to come from the stars themselves. 

Despite her newness, Jane heard the other’s footsteps behind her; accompanied by the sense of trepidation as they stepped up over stones. Jane was glad to leave the beach behind them, with all of its memories and the trappings of her former self. 

As Jane introduced herself once more, she saw the mare’s gaze light up in gratitude. This meant something to her, and Jane felt good. She felt kind. She watched the other mare’s dazzling eyes seem to search for something, before embarrassment seemed to pass over her features. She lacks no sound at all. I wonder if her heart has the same beat rhythm as mine. Jane watched patiently, but also calmly. 

Then she tried to repeat Jane’s motion, but instead of uttering a sound she looked up to the sky. The universe spread above them, a blanket on a star-studded night. Jane had the distinct impression that this mare contained truths that were far more important than her words could have conveyed, even if she had them.

“You’re from very far away, aren’t you,” Jane said, not a question. Empathy, compassion, and solace found their place on her face and in her eyes. She knew that they did not speak the same language but maybe- maybe- Jane could help. “So am I. But I think you’re further from home than I am.”

@[Veil Nebula] / speaks / i love veil

Messages In This Thread
In the dark of the universe - by Veil Nebula - 02-20-2021, 06:37 PM
RE: In the dark of the universe - by Jane - 02-21-2021, 04:15 PM
RE: In the dark of the universe - by Veil Nebula - 02-21-2021, 05:16 PM
RE: In the dark of the universe - by Jane - 02-22-2021, 11:21 AM
RE: In the dark of the universe - by Veil Nebula - 02-22-2021, 01:22 PM
RE: In the dark of the universe - by Jane - 02-22-2021, 07:27 PM
RE: In the dark of the universe - by Veil Nebula - 02-23-2021, 08:11 AM
RE: In the dark of the universe - by Jane - 02-23-2021, 05:55 PM
RE: In the dark of the universe - by Veil Nebula - 02-24-2021, 04:08 AM
RE: In the dark of the universe - by Jane - 02-24-2021, 08:49 AM