Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - In the dark of the universe

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world
Time had a way of passing.

It was always teaching you, sculpting you, molding you as if you were but a clay puppet to be redesigned at time's fancy. It helped you grow and refocused you on the path you were destined for. Each event had a corresponding reaction with in your very design, your very shape. Veil's time hadn't spent around others, however, and so while she had grown patient, growing peaceful, grow lasting - she hadn't grown into a being who knew what to expect with others. She hadn't learned fear, she hadn't learned caution, she hadn't learned that some would want to hurt her, some may want to control her.

It was here that luck favored the star.

Of anyone she could have met, she met a mare who was just as lonely and lost. Who had no desire to hurt the other, to use the innocence and naivety to her favor. She wouldn't exploit Veil's lack of knowledge, and even seemed to hope to teach her more, to ready her for the world. A friend eager to look out for the gentler one. Veil didn't know her story to know this female of earth and gold wouldn't harm her. She could see it in the behaviors, the compassion, the understanding. The gentle sounds and protective gaze - like an older sister watching out for a young foal. Perhaps a fitting association for the young mare. She might be an adult in appearance, but her knowledge was lacking like a foal, a proto-star just gaining it's shine.

She may be wise and aged beyond her years, but not for Novus.

And so this care and compassion she felt, she returned whole heartedly. Unable to express better, no use for words, no knowledge of making sounds in the way of communication - the mare instead shared those emotions on her face, she used her body language to make her point, to show her thoughts, even if words failed. A cruder, more ancient form of communication, yes, but still more than capable based on how well this was going. There were certainly moment of confusion still, but Veil was growing to trust the either . . . and for the star, that meant everything.

It wouldn't be until introductions that she would hesitate again.

It was another reminder of how hard communicating was, how hard not knowing this method of making noises and understanding them were. How was she to tell her calling? This mare had given hers, her sound, the sound that repeated through her mind on a loop. Jane. Jane. Jane. Jane. Jane. Jane. Jane. Like some sort of divine blessing from what ever creature ruled the universe. Every repetition had the sound clearier, more distinct. Jay-nuh. Jay-nuh. Jay-nuh. Juh-ay-nuh. It would be the first steps, that treasured word, to let the mare begin to pick apart sounds, to hear the similar way, to start to learn to repeat, and eventually understand.

Eventually, not today, not tomorrow, but one day.

It didn't help her with her name. But the understanding helped, and as she allowed herself to hug the other, the height difference awkward, but Veil was determined, as she hugged the other, feeling contact with another for the first time, and relishing in it, until she realized the differences, the proof they were similar but not the same, jolting back and worrying about the other. THe odd thumping, the tap to her chest, her expression wide. The other seemed to relax, seemed soft, her sounds were reassuring The first noise was familiar again, the one before her sound had been given. And in that brief moment, it cleared the worry, a new realization struck.

It was an identified.

It's why she had heard it with greetings, with other moments, and in introductions. That sound was an identifier for self. For her, the mare, for the one who spoke. I'm. I'm. Ie-muh. Instead of focusing for longer, she returned to the others talking, of explaining it, something that didn't make sense to the star. So she touched the other's chest, her expression quizzical, stomping her foot a few times and then nodding - before looking towards the other to see if she was correct - that it wan't a problem. She paused then, before she touched her chest, and this time, her muzzle pointed up, directly towards the brightest star, pointing it out, and then once more touching her chest.

Her hoof didn't move.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Jane
Notes:: She's picking apart the sounds. I repeat, she's picking apart the sounds. I have a sneaking suspicion Jane will be her first word >.<
Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?

Artist Credit to Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
In the dark of the universe - by Veil Nebula - 02-20-2021, 06:37 PM
RE: In the dark of the universe - by Jane - 02-21-2021, 04:15 PM
RE: In the dark of the universe - by Veil Nebula - 02-21-2021, 05:16 PM
RE: In the dark of the universe - by Jane - 02-22-2021, 11:21 AM
RE: In the dark of the universe - by Veil Nebula - 02-22-2021, 01:22 PM
RE: In the dark of the universe - by Jane - 02-22-2021, 07:27 PM
RE: In the dark of the universe - by Veil Nebula - 02-23-2021, 08:11 AM
RE: In the dark of the universe - by Jane - 02-23-2021, 05:55 PM