Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Missing you, while I was asleep

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Callynite

"Just give me the world and I will give it back to you
Just tell me it hurts and I will fix it for you"
The little doe felt the shift in the air, her magic seeming to shift and glitter visibly as a familiar pulse of energy in the leylines alerted her of another's approach. Her smile was instant as she followed the energy as it approached her, her own magic letting her be aware, a shimmer of greenery in her eyes - her conscious slipping into the natural flow. She pulled her attention up as she looked towards him, his voice murmuring her name and she nodded once, her smile gentle, "Hello, Huehuecoyotl. Miss me?" Her tone was playful, but soft, betraying the fact she'd missed him to. His own muzzle split into a smile that was as bright as the sun and at his words, her heart felt a soft flutter before she squashed those girly thoughts deep down where the weakness of them wouldn't be so obvious and in the face. Instead she brushed her muzzle against his neck, snorting softly, "That sounds awfully sappy, Coyotl . . . how appropriate for you."

Of course, there was an exasperated fondness even as she took a step closer, her shoulder pressing against him and she nuzzled against him, her voice going quieter, a touch of meekness not usually associated with her, "I . . . I missed you to. It was . . . odd . . . not having you near. Even when I awoke." She admitted, before looking up at him, her eyes swirling with a spoken she wasn't willing to put into words, in either her mind or from her mouth, "It's . . . not the same, when . . . you're not near. I guess, I've grown accustomed to your constant bothersome attention." She added, her words teasing to help further hide the truth of just how much she's grown used to having him around. Why she continued to obscure these truths, she couldn't even begin to guess, she knew he'd read her like a book - he had a habit of that. Instead she playfully tugged on a lock of his mane, gently mouthing it in play, "What have you been up to . . . while I was, uh, asleep?" There was a slight flutter of energy across her spine, the magic seeming to laugh at the idea of her being merely 'asleep' at that time.

The memories that had been unlocked in her mind rose for a moment, the time of when the goddess walked the land, and it yielded to her steps. Even now some of that magic flowed through her, unmitigated by her own control - the natural yield of the earth to what it recognized was once a powerful being of another realm who gave her all to the land. And in that period, she had. She'd given her entire being to try and fight a darkness that would eventually become the enemy of her former home. She didn't let those memories dwell, instead, taking the knowledge of magic it offered so she could grow in her own strength. The magic was definitely more welcome to her now, even as she stood still flowers were blooming up from around her hooves, pushing through the dead and gone fall foliage, through the spattering of first snow, and blooming like it was spring, flowers brushing her limbs with the eagerness to get her attention.

She paid them, the world around her little mind. It was hard to focus on anything but the stallion, just as now, it took all her self control to back up a step, to lose the touch she eagerly embraced, motioning for him to walk with her instead, "So, tell me the, anything interesting happen while I was away? I hear you yourself went on a mini-sort of adventure?" She asked, not only eager for the knowledge of what adventures he may have been on -but happily contributing to a conversation that would keep her in his company for the next many hours, at least.

When had the idea of saying goodbye become so hard as well?

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Huehuecoyotl

Artwork ©LupinHallow

Messages In This Thread
Missing you, while I was asleep - by Callynite - 03-13-2021, 12:16 PM
RE: Missing you, while I was asleep - by Callynite - 04-04-2021, 08:50 PM