Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - With the breath of the Forest

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Callynite

"Just give me the world and I will give it back to you
Just tell me it hurts and I will fix it for you"
There was a brush, a flash of magic in the ley lines, a loss of the natural flow of energy that acknowledge was a wound. Focusing on it however alerted the doe of a larger being with the slightest wound, and she immediately dismissed the scratch once aware it wasn't an injury more serious to a smaller animal. Not that she could do much. After that first initial flash of power, when she'd healed the wolf as her magic had finally been unlocked from it's cage - the healing abilities seemed firmly under wraps, forcing her to retrain the magic as it had mutated itself into for this odd world. It was a step by step system to relearn how to work the magic she'd previously used with out thinking, to see what shape it took now, what she could easily utilize and what she couldn't.

Her intention returned to the earth, letting the trees and foliage of the forest fill her with the secrets of what had happened while she was gone, even as she searched for a real source of information (preferably not one as gossipy as trees could be. They could be like quite the elderly pair of grandmas content with telling you everyone's dirty secrets). The alert from the trees spoke of the other's arrival before she heard them however, voices crying out as they were bend and pushed through, young saplings crying over broken twigs while the older trees tried to reassure the little ones it would grow back stronger than before.

Cally turned to meet the approaching individual instead, tilting her head when they broke through the foliage and seemed to come to a stop, staring at her as well. Cally didn't say anything as she took in the fairly normal looking mare (normal compared to some of the others the young doe had come across, at least). More normal than she certainly. At the other's sudden question, Cally blinked in surprise - not at perceived rudeness, but rather at the surprise of being asked the very same question Cally had previously asked her own reflection when she'd first woken up in this world.

She tilted her head, muzzle twisting in a sarcastic grin, "The product of a jealous fight between two realities, and their respective gods." She responded with a huff, "Magic played tug-a-war, and I definitely wasn't the winner." She added, shrugging, "Blaming magic and the gods seem easiest anyway." She paused, eyeing the mare, before sighing, "I'm Callynite, previously a deer, now some tragic mess caught between a deer and a . . . . pony? maybe? Small horse? Not sure." She paused as the trees seemed to clink around them, the twigs swaying in the breeze, scraping together. But only one of the two would hear the voices.

"You're not fond of the forest are you? Or perhaps . . . just not familiar with how to make your way through it?" She shrugged, silent as the trees and foliage whispered again, her ears flicking to catch each sound, "What are you doing out here? Definitely not your first time through these woods with how often you seemed to be crunching through the saplings?" So maybe she knew a little more than any other, but trees were gossips after all. At least no one was around to hear what they had to say about HER.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Edelgloss

Artwork ©LupinHallow

Messages In This Thread
With the breath of the Forest - by Callynite - 03-21-2021, 03:46 PM
RE: With the breath of the Forest - by Edelgloss - 03-31-2021, 02:49 PM
RE: With the breath of the Forest - by Callynite - 04-04-2021, 09:05 PM
RE: With the breath of the Forest - by Edelgloss - 04-17-2021, 12:01 PM
RE: With the breath of the Forest - by Callynite - 07-12-2021, 03:56 PM