Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Don't let the colours fade to grey

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

f l o r e n t i n e

Hi..

That pause as Bexley searched for the right word, had the twilight girl’s lips lifting into a playful smile. She waits, in no rush to help the Solterran girl out. Curiosity burns deep, deep into her skin, and raises an eyebrow in a slow lift. She remains stood, towering over Bexley, stealing her sun and sky. The dark of Florentine’s shadow turns the Solterran’s brilliant gold skin to burnished bronze.

“Hmm?” The dusk girl asks sweetly, too soon, too fast to have ever given Bexley fair time come up with a name. But ah, when she does at last it has Florentine’s eyes blazing. Those lips curl even more, her smile becoming an indulgent thing, sweet, yet lazy like the morning sun.

“Angel.” She says softly, trying the word upon her tongue as her eyes trail over the delicate contours of the other girl’s face. “That is too flattering, but thank you, Beautiful.” Flora breathes, leaning in towards the golden girl, her eyes following the darkening blush.

All too soon, however, Bexley’s eyes darken at the talk of the teryr hunt and with them they steal the smile from Florentine’s face. Midnight bruising and angry red scabs fill her gaze as moves bearing them beneath the glow of the too hot sun.

“Bexley…” She breathes, stepping closer, water stirring between them as her lips lower to ghost over the angry bruise and lurid red scab. The flower girl’s touch is soft as a feather, feeling the warmth of worried skin, flushed with healing.

In a breath of sun scorched air Florentine is gone, retreating to collect her discarded bag. It is cool in the shade, and were vipers not twisting her abdomen into knots with worry for Bexley, she may have lingered to enjoy the cool.

The burn of heat, as Flora peels away from the shade, is as startling as ever and sweat beads readily across her neck. Reaching the bathing girl once again, Florentine lets the bag drop to the sandy grasses with an unceremonious thump. “I raided the Dusk court’s stash before I came. And picked my own.”

Slowly, gracefully, Flora lowers herself into the water beside the sun girl. Amethyst eyes fall to the groove of Bexley’s throat when her mane shifts to reveal that familiar glint of metal. As before, the dusk girl’s lips reach out to brush softly over the exposed gold chain before she says, gently with cheeks colouring, “At least you are safe…” A familiar sense of drowning begins to creep up on the twilight girl, and it is only then that she finds herself pulling her gaze from Bexley’s azure eyes. With a fluttering breath she consults her bag of remedies.

“So. I kinda rose to emissary before I ever managed to hone my healing skills, but I wanted to try and help you…” Her lips purse, colour flushing to her cheeks. “Try this.” She hums removing a small leaf from her bag. “It will ease some of the pain, but it will prickle on the tongue a bit. I promise it won’t kill you though…” A wicked smile begins to curl her lips, water still dripping idly from her forelock,  as she peers through the tangled tendrils at the girl in the water. “You are too pretty for that.”

@Bexley

this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't let the colours fade to grey - by Florentine - 08-21-2017, 12:02 PM