Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Portal IC Event  - Unfamiliar

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

let me stay where the wind will whisper to me
where the raindrops, as they're falling, tell a story
Callynite

in my field of paper flowers, and candy clouds of lullaby
i lie inside myself for hours and watch my purple sky fly over me

The portals were their own brand of chaos. But the one in her beloved forest (though it was likely a correlation between it being so similar to her birth-forest, from a time when she was still deer rather than half-breed), was a front against her. THe magic of nature seemed to well up against it. It angrily hummed along the ley lines where the portal seemed to attach to the magic, twisting, corrupting it. Creatures slunk through. Marring the very energies of this forest in a way that Cally felt was wrong. Off. Unnatural. So unnatural. The magic hummed under the surface, as if calling her to investigate, to find out why it was there, what it wanted. And so she'd been watching it off and on.

When others began to approach the portals, she was nervous to see them pass through, to feel their very energy stop. It wasn't until the first one returned that she was reassured it wasn't a portal into the after life. But, she was still cautious about portals in general. The last one she had been through had brought her to this world, and it'd changed everything about her. Her appearance, as well as her species. And her magic had mutated to better fit this world. But when she felt the seeping energy approaching the portal, something called her forward. Perhaps it was the weaker pulse of something ill, but worry spurred her cloven hooves forward, and just as she saw them disappear into the portal, Cally hesitated, before this time, she followed.

Her breath left her in a puff of white, instantly shivering against the frozen world, wishing she had her thick cloak to don against this weather. Her gaze slowly moved around, from the mare that had passed through (and the sloth on her back), to the very nature around them. For a moment her heart stopped at the conifers, the cloven marks much like her own. Her nostrils flared, breathing in, and a sinking sense of disappoint followed. It might look like The Thicket's surrounding forests, but it wasn't her home, her original home. The scent of thyci didn't meet her nose. So instead, she turned towards the being who seemed less surprised by where they were.

Perhaps she knew more about what was going on than Cally did? Slight rustling caught the doe's attention, and she glanced towards the small heads peeking out of the sides of her saddlebags before she nosed them back into the warmth that the small sugar gliders would be able to find (except for Bandit who had already climbed free and was rooted into her forelock, wrapped around her straight horn. Cally let her senses extend, and once more found the magic of this area feeling off, not right. Like the old Island, but different still too. Chaotic, Wild. Not uniformed like the ley lines she was familiar with. She withdrew from it quickly before she approached the other mare, her expression friendly as she looked up at the taller being.

"Hello, my name is Callynite. Uhm, you seem a little . . . more familiar with these portals than I am, I was wondering if you knew what was going on with them? They . . . their magic feels off . . . And I'm helplessly confused by it all." She was as polite as she could be, earnest in her request for knowledge, but respectful. But more than anything, the former deity just wanted to know what was going on, and how much of a threat these portals presented to Novus, how much of a threat against the citizens of Viride Forest, and not just the equine ones.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Luvena

Artwork ©Bingo

Messages In This Thread
Unfamiliar - by Luvena - 06-04-2021, 11:09 PM
RE: Unfamiliar - by Callynite - 07-20-2021, 12:11 AM
RE: Unfamiliar - by Luvena - 07-22-2021, 06:49 PM
RE: Unfamiliar - by Callynite - 07-22-2021, 11:21 PM
RE: Unfamiliar - by Luvena - 08-09-2021, 08:12 PM
RE: Unfamiliar - by Callynite - 08-15-2021, 01:15 PM
RE: Unfamiliar - by Luvena - 08-22-2021, 10:34 PM