Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Portal IC Event  - Unfamiliar

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

let me stay where the wind will whisper to me
where the raindrops, as they're falling, tell a story
Callynite

in my field of paper flowers, and candy clouds of lullaby
i lie inside myself for hours and watch my purple sky fly over me

There was much unknown about these portals, and it was for that fact that Cally felt they ought to be treated with caution. There was just something off, something wild - and not the sort of wild that natural magic, the very magic that flowed the ley lines and directed life was. That magic was wild, yes, but it had a system, it had rules and checks and balances that it still obeyed. How often had she pushed those rules too far, how often had her own energy been used to keep those balances? No, whatever ran these portals, whatever this was, it wasn't from the natural magic Cally was intuned to. This ran deeper than the ley lines than the energy that coursed through the very earth.

She was cautious about approaching a stranger, a habit from back home before she'd crossed into Novus; that had stuck with her. Back then you never knew who was under the thrall of the Disirax. Here, it was just common sense with so many sorts with their own allegiances. Furthermore, there was no reassuring whisper from Viride Forest, from the trees, to let her know if it was friend or foe that approached, or that she was approaching. Here, it was oddly quiet. The other mare gave her name, and Cally had to force her attention away from the sudden awareness that this world was quiet, quiet to her.

Luvena. It had an exotic sound to it, but Cally smiled, liking it. Her companion on the other hand didn't seem to give Cally any attention - and she had to smile faintly in amusement. From between her ears, Bandit twitched his nose, grasping onto her horn with one hand and practically waving his own hyper greeting. He'd always been one of the more mischievous of her gliders. At least his brother was keeping a closer eye on the girls from the safety of Cally's pack. The other didn't seem to know much more about this oddness, however, and Cally briefly allowed her disappointment to show.

But the information she did have had the doe perk slightly, "The odd . . . creatures? Every so often, they pass into our world, into Novus, right? I sense them briefly when they do, but they . . . they feel wrong. It's like the magic of this place. In Novus, amongst those currents, they feel off, different, trespassers." Her ears perked forward, both sets, and she tilted her head to the side, "Can you tell me anything about what they look like? Perhaps you have more of a picture than you might think." Cally offered with a reassuring smile.

The mare began to walk, and Cally hesitated a moment before following, "I don't know how much I like this new land, to be completely honest. It still feels off. And . . . it's quiet. The trees, and plants I mean . . . They've not said a word to me once since I came through this portal. I don't know if my magic needs to get a feel for these land, to be able to find its version of balance before I can start to feel it . . . but . . . I am curious about what lies deeper into these trees." It just felt oddly reminiscent to the first time her abilities had been locked away - and she didn't want that to ever happen again.

But the desire for adventure ran deep, and even with the worry about her magic fully shutting down in this odd world, Cally couldn't ignore the call. She had to see about what this land, what these portals were about, "How many portals are there, do you think? I've heard of just a few so far, but . . . this land, this . . . world seems vast." And how does it connect with Novus?

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Luvena
Notes: I think I've officially figured out that Cally's caution about these portals is the fact I'm making it mess up her magic. Since I have no idea whats going on with them, and her magic is tied to the very earth and natural energies and the way they flow through everything alive - I'm having to make up reasons for why she can't sense anything right haha.
Artwork ©Bingo

Messages In This Thread
Unfamiliar - by Luvena - 06-04-2021, 11:09 PM
RE: Unfamiliar - by Callynite - 07-20-2021, 12:11 AM
RE: Unfamiliar - by Luvena - 07-22-2021, 06:49 PM
RE: Unfamiliar - by Callynite - 07-22-2021, 11:21 PM
RE: Unfamiliar - by Luvena - 08-09-2021, 08:12 PM
RE: Unfamiliar - by Callynite - 08-15-2021, 01:15 PM
RE: Unfamiliar - by Luvena - 08-22-2021, 10:34 PM
RE: Unfamiliar - by Callynite - 08-22-2021, 10:42 PM