Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Portal IC Event  - Unfamiliar

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

let me stay where the wind will whisper to me
where the raindrops, as they're falling, tell a story
Callynite

in my field of paper flowers, and candy clouds of lullaby
i lie inside myself for hours and watch my purple sky fly over me

The druid-deer-turned-hybrid looked towards the other female, the both standing amongst the trees. Cally wondered what her new companion felt as she looked around. Did she feel the wrongness, the sense that it wasn't right. THat there was more here than met the eye. Cally sensed it in how her magic felt more chaotic, unable to smoothly slide into tune, as if this land was working on a different frequency. Or perhaps it was the portal itself. Perhaps this was proof they weren't in Novus anymore.

Perhaps the trees here spoke a language she did not. Perhaps she was making excuses to justify her unease. Bandit clearly didn't feel any of the unease, and it was with a snort that Cally silently instructed the glider to mind his manners, the little guy ignoring her to look around, wrapped around her horn like it was a tree branch. The other's words had her pause. Antlered, Cervine, but not. Her breath paused, hitching and her gaze suddenly turned back towards the world, Cervine but not? LIke home? Like what she had once been, stately and majestic, among a world where magic was embraced, and her people ruled their thicket. Or cervine and not like the Disirax that hunted her people down. Or something else entirely.

Could this be a pathway home . . . . did she want a pathway home? A flash of a charming face hit her mind and she knew she couldn't just return home, she had made a life for herself here, and that life would hold her strong for now. So instead she listened on. "An intelligent life you mean? More than the life we gift the bonded when we bond, but a truer intelligence? But you said they were cervine, but not. Is the not because they're like us . . . . Like I once was?" Her voice had gone softer as she looked around, nose twitching, her own cloven hooves pressing into the dirt, before she lifted it as if to compare it to the tracks around them. Cloven, but thicker, from the taint of equine that had forceably changed her when she'd travelled through that portal so long ago.

Her magic had kept her half-turned, trying to lock on the deer-like aspects she had once held, but it had not been enough. Her antlers were gone, replaced with nubs. Her cloven hooves were thicker, broader, no longer dainty. Her pelt was different, coarser. The fluff of her chest gone. But her magic had tried, even as it had been sealed away. There was a lingering disappointment still, when it came back to her, that elegant magic that allowed her to be one with the natural world, it did return her to her form though. She was still . . . trapped as a hybrid beast.

The other spoke again, and at her words, Cally allowed herself to think on that, trying to sense the land rather than sense the differences, and then it was like a shift, the chaotic touch of the land lost it's sliminess, replaced with a wildness she hadn't perceived before because she was too focused on how it messed up her magic. Was she comparing it too much to Novus, instead of it's own place?

She glanced back towards Luvena, before dipping her head, "Thank you for the information you have provided, it has offered me more than I knew before. Would you mind partying with me to venture further into this land then?" She offered with a slight smile, the curiosity returned, even if it was still tempered by her caution to this place. While it felt less chaotic, it was - after all - still unfamiliar.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Luvena
Notes: Kinda meh, sorry :P
Artwork ©Bingo

Messages In This Thread
Unfamiliar - by Luvena - 06-04-2021, 11:09 PM
RE: Unfamiliar - by Callynite - 07-20-2021, 12:11 AM
RE: Unfamiliar - by Luvena - 07-22-2021, 06:49 PM
RE: Unfamiliar - by Callynite - 07-22-2021, 11:21 PM
RE: Unfamiliar - by Luvena - 08-09-2021, 08:12 PM
RE: Unfamiliar - by Callynite - 08-15-2021, 01:15 PM