Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Interactive Quest  - Flares and Auroras (Immortality Short Quest)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

This flaming guardian could be your worst nightmare...

Morning dawned bright and clear as the stallion stretched and fanned his wings. Sol had been getting used to the magic that now seemed to sparkle through his veins and cause him to radiate with the heat from the sun. It was draining, something that caused him to need to pause and take the time to rest after any usage. Stepping from his room, lavishly decorated with golds and oranges, Sol stalked to the secondary room where his daughter slept peacefully. She wouldnt wake for another few hours, the little filly preferring to sleep in and then stay up later to watch the sunset. 

It was those little moments that tugged at the once violent stallion’s heart. The moments of peace and joy that seemed to surround the little filly that was his greatest gift. Stepping out of her doorway, he strode out to the garden area. It was simple, mostly plants that were nearly impossible for the blackest hooves to kill. The nearly black stallion didnt have the patience for growing plants, but it was nice to have a personal area of green. The sun was warming the dew on the grass, making the green blades seem to shimmer with a celestial glitter. 

“Oriens… Thank you again for the blessings of my life. The past few years have changed my outlook on myself and my past, though I do still find myself hesitant to trust others. To trust myself.” Sol murmured to the rising sun, hoping that the god would be able to hear him even though he was not at the peak. 

“That being said… I fear for the future. What will happen when I am gone? Will Jiri be safe in a world where I am not there to protect her as she may need? I know that I can teach her to be strong, but I cannot fathom the idea of leaving her alone in the world. Just as I cannot fathom leaving those that I am beginning to care for. There has to be an answer that can make this all easier for everyone…” The stallion continued, closing his eyes and basking in the dawn light. It was at this time of day that the stallion felt the closest to the God that he had aligned himself with.

As he stood, he felt the heat of the sun melt through his muscles and relax him. A flash of light caused him to open his eyes and search the heavens. The similar sight of a golden aurora made him groan, his matching eyes tracking the unusual color as it danced across the sky. It seemed that something was connected to the aurora, something unusual. Normal auroras were green, sometimes with purple and red edges. Not gold as the sun and filled with magic.

“What now?” He wondered, his usually deep voice filled with awe and curiosity, as well as an edge of apprehension. Accepting that it likely held some new gift from the god, or at least he hoped it did and not his possible demise, the stallion dipped his head and accepted that he would likely be hit again. When the flare of the aurora connected with his dark pelt, a wave of energy suffused him and warmed him from the depths of his soul. He wasnt sure what it was, but he trusted that the god wouldnt kill him unnecessarily. 

A small voice called from the house, rousing the stallion from his moment of reverence. “Thank you, Oriens. I am not sure for what yet… but thank you nonetheless.” He murmured before turning and heading back into the house to check on his daughter.

"Speaking"
@
Notes: ---

CREDIT to Miss Sparkle (offsite)