Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - A walk to forget

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 30 — Threads: 11
Signos: 25
Dusk Court Merchant
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  9 [Year 502 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

A s t a
do you believe in reinarnation?
'cause i thought i saw your soul
There's a stark reality, I've found; that forces you to open your eyes eventually.

A cold sort of understanding to the world.

Foals, Youth, the naive; may trot the path eventually, but in the end we all know the dangers that lurk around corners.

Perhaps, I'm just melodramatic in my apparent young age. That's what my parents assume, but don't look at my pretty face and make the same assumption, I'm a lot older than I look after all. I've learned a lot in my time, Had to accept a lot of cold hard truths. Now, that knowledge is like a wall, each fact another brick to keep outsiders away from me, and my own self safe. Because eventually they die, we die, and I'll remember the pain of losing them even after death.

Reincarnation, often whispered as a wonderful idea. To come back, to find your fated other life time and life time. My sister's story is of this. But mines a harsher truth. There is no happily ever after waiting for me to find him. We won't touch noses and suddenly remember a life time of love previous. No, my truth is far more horrific. My sister is blessed to live life after life with her beloved. I'm cursed to come back, and always alone.

I wonder if somewhere a good laughs at my plight.

I would if I wasn't in my own hooves. Forced to play a part on repeat. It wouldn't be so bad if I started every reincarnation off with a blank slate. But that's not the case. Every life, I remember the hundreds before it. My first life, so long ago is still a strong memory in my head. Perhaps I'm special, I think I'm just the unluckily.

I move silently through the Plains, having escaped from the manor home of my current life. Mother and Father liked to keep me contained, a kept princess locked away in her ivory tower, protected from the world. I craved more than what they could give me in life, though. Most days were easy enough. I could keep in solitude, not see more than a few staff for days. But eventually I had to be social, or I had to tolerate a party where I was put in display. 

Why have a treasure if you don't show it off, after all.

A part of me realized that I was cynical over the entire situation, I blame it on lifetimes of unhappiness, but perhaps something broke inside me too many life times ago, and hasn't been repaired yet. Maybe it never will?

I glanced around, my muzzle twisting slightly at the frolicking equine who walked up to strangers like they were no threat. Finding a low hanging tree to take shelter from the summer sun, I leaned my dusk-painted hide against it, letting the shade darken my colors, even if just a little. My attention starays from the idiots who frolick with out a care in the world, and instead my gaze shifts up, following the sound of birds, their sweet melodies.

Maybe I am broken.

Because not even that seems to be able to bring me to smile.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Leviathan
Notes:: Asta escapes Terrastella alot, so I figured I'd make this outside of her court.
flashing and dancing on the horizon
shades of jade and emerald

Artist Credit to Bingo