Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - A Warning

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 42 — Threads: 17
Signos: 215
Day Court Merchant
Male [he / him]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  19 hh  |  Hth: 18 — Atk: 22 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Heat Manipulation  |    Bonded: Enyo (Indoraptor)

IT MUST BE LONELY
when you're up there looking down

Off he has sent the phoenix , back to her home . If anything , he has found amusement in threats and posturing from a newly crowned Sovereign in Denocte . He knows well of the affairs of the bad blood between the Courts , and has never given a damn of any of it . He had been the Champion of Battle when it had been at its crescendo before , a peak of clashing titans , then it had petered out to ash , but gnashing teeth had remained .

He had grown tired of their childish antics , himself . Of course , it was at that point he had turned his back on Novus itself , and had not seen fit to come back for a while . Even coming back had been a chore ; it had been an event of itself . Too many idle places , too much warfare . He's a creature bred for war but he has since settled since his antics under the first crown he had worn ( and shattered ) .

Even so , Novus seems full of women like Israfel , spouting their fire and their posturing , believing they can sway him or maybe make him budge or fear them in some way . But fear isn't respect . Respect doesn't come from fire and posturing , either .

But amusement can .

The letter had brought too much amusement , because he is not moved by the threatening words in the slightest , if only because he doesn't care about it . Thus , he had sent the Phoenix back with a reply of his own , to wherever she may go . He wagers likely straight to the lap of the Queen .

"Congratulations on your own ascension.

Maybe you'll find comfort in knowing I don't give two shits on the bad blood between our courts or the politics , because it was never my specialty . I never dabbled in them , wasn't ever interested . Crowns aren't new to me , neither are fancy posturing and threats , because I'm not afraid of you or much of anything .

That was the most amusing letter I've ever read .

I have no qualms , so rest your fiery head on whatever pillows you want to .

Maybe Denocte will finally rise from its own silence with you ruling it . Or perhaps make itself a little more known , instead of hiding away and cowering among the shadows , as it has before . Or setting fires to your own forests and people , as one of your predecessors was prone to doing ( which I don't recommend ) .

I plan on reviving my people , I hope you plan on doing the same . I think they've all been a little too stagnant too long , don't you ? They all need a little ... hope , isn't that what it is ?

Regards ,
Leviathan
King of Solterra

@Israfel

Messages In This Thread
A Warning - by Israfel - 09-03-2021, 10:11 AM
RE: A Warning - by Leviathan - 09-05-2021, 07:19 AM
RE: A Warning - by Israfel - 09-05-2021, 10:26 AM
RE: A Warning - by Leviathan - 09-05-2021, 08:38 PM