Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Interactive Quest  - Give it up for you [Immortality Quest]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
but now you make me wanna live forever 
all that runnin', gonna give it up for you 
nothing ever get me high like you do
The mare pranced in place as she waited just with in the mouth of the cave.

It was a new day of adventure, excitement, promise . . . . A new day where she could further figure out what this was between her and Sol. Her . . . And Sol. Her hooves paused as she shifted almost nervously at the thought. Her and Sol. It was frightening. Exciting. Unknown. She shook her head, quelling that thought for now. What would it do to focus too hard on that. It would be better, to just focus on the here, the now. And right now they were going on an adventure . . . Like they used to, like before. Nothing had to change. Nothing was different, except for the stowaway of course. No way wasn't Jiri going to come. She'd made sure of that. When she'd sent a message with a water beast earlier.

Crafted carefully from water an ice, the dove had delivered the message.

An invitation for them both - she had bolded the part where Jiri was not to be left behind - to come explore the Abigo Caves with her. And so now she waited, Glowing very faintly in the darkness of the cave, the summer sun outside keeping it too bright to actually be in full glow. On her back, Yuki was napping, her own deep navy glow just noticeable.

She didn't know what they'd find today . . . 

But she was excited, she couldn't wait to find out. And as she straightened her shoulders, as she leaned against a wall, her vibrant smile proved that. She didn't care what came of her adventure, as long as they all had fun together. 

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam @Alfajiri
Notes:: <3

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

Sol Bestiam

Sol had been terrified when the message had come. To say that he was waiting for the other hoof to drop was an understatement. He had no idea how Bel had been sorting through things and that was unnerving to say the least. But it was an invitation. Something simple and innocent. A chance to see her without an all our emotional brawl, at least he hoped anyway.

Shaking his head, he nudged Jiri onto his back so that he could fly them to the caves. Already, she was growing enough that it was getting harder to be able to carry her as far. But this distance was not too bad, so he wasnt too loathe to do it. Landing rather heavily, the stallion let the filly off of his back a short distance from the caves. He took in enough radiation to start to glow, wanting more light as they traveled deeper into the caves. Because he knew that Bel was the kind to dive into adventure and use it to help clear her mind.

As the pair approached, he saw Bel leaning against the cave wall. He couldnt help the smile that lit up his face and heart as he approached. It might be soon after their spat, but he still couldnt hold back that he adored the mare in every way. Jiri bounced up to her with a soft, innocent giggle.

"Hi auntie!!!" She squealed, throwing herself at the mare in her attempt at a hug. Sol slowed and stopped a few feet behind, suddenly unsure of how this was going to go after what had happened. "Hello... " He responded, golden eyes warm with more than just the radiation from the sun.

@Below Zero
"Sol Words" "Jiri Words"
Notes:

Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
The mare glanced up at the sound of hooves.

Her eyes locked onto the familiar stallion, meeting his gaze and managing a soft smile back, feeling her own tension ease slightly before she was tackled by the familiar little filly. Bel laughed, leaning down to wrap her neck around the foal's, pulling her tight against her legs in an embrace, "Hello, little love. Have you been being good for your daddy?" She asked, before glancing up, suddenly aware of the distance that Sol had stopped away from her.

It was going to be like this, hmm?

So she carefully pulled herself from the foal, nuzzling Jiri one last time before approaching her fr-, her . . . uh, Sol. Approaching Sol, she smiled softly at his greeting, brushing her cheek against his, feeling the warmth of his skin against her cooler hide, "Hello . . ." She repeated back, her tone just a little playful, a little softer. She shifted, turning back towards Jiri, but staying close to Sol's side, lowering her muzzle towards her niece, "Well, are you ready to go explore?" She asked, eyes sparklingly, before she trotted into the cave, glancing back to make sure Jiri was keeping up, before her eyes flashed back to Sol's.

"Coming, Sol?"

Her tone warm, playful, a little daring, as she settled back into the familiarity of spending time with him, exploring with him . . . being with him. Even with a smaller tag-a-long. Her ears flicked forward, as she grinned at the little foal, "Alright, once it starts getting dark inside, stay close okay. We don't want you getting lost." She cautioned, even as they headed into the darker area, her own body starting to glow the area around them in cyan, tinged with the gold of Sol.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam @Alfajiri

Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

Sol Bestiam

Watching her embrace Jiri tugged at his heart and he couldnt help the massive grin that split his face. "Where is the fun in that, Auntie?" She laughed softly, shooting her father a grin that could be taken in some interesting directions.

When Bel extracted herself from the filly, Sol beamed and stepped closer to embrace the mare. "Hello..." He left off the words that wanted to follow, settling for her caress instead. "How are you?" He asked as he watched the mare as she turned back to Jiri. He was dying to know if she had come to any decisions, but rather than bring it up, he accepted her presence. The touch of her cool pelt cooled his emotions a bit and helped him to find his center once again.

When she moved from his side, it was like his world got a touch darker. Shaking his head, he paced behind her, working to catch up to the much more agile mare and his daughter that was dancing at her side. The filly was excited for adventure, this being her first and surrounded by Bel and her father.

"Right behind you, my- Bel." He responded, quickly catching the word that wanted to slip out. She had not accepted his words yet, had not given him any clue as to how she was feeling about them. There was peace at being in her presence without the emotional turmoil of their last interaction, a familiarity that danced over his nerves and calmed his soul. The way that the pair's colors danced along the cave walls made him smile and he closed the remaining distance to walk beside the three ladies. Between the adults, Jiri nodded, though her eyes were wide and her head was constantly moving to take in the world.

"Do we have a particular place that we are heading? Or is this just a general adventure?" He asked with a wink as he glanced at Bel.

@Below Zero
"Sol Words" "Jiri Words"
Notes:

Dusk Court Battlemage

B e l o w Z e r o
The child was precious.

She laughed at the little girl's impish response, her gaze dancing up towards the stallion, "Ah yes, very, very true. But still, your father is getting rather old, let's not make it too hard on him," She teased back, her eyes sparkling. Still, she couldn't stop herself from approaching, from touching him, embracing him, trying not to laugh as he repeated the greeting, instead focusing on his questions of how she was, "I am . . . doing better." It was a quiet words, a silent answer to not just his first question but the unanswered one. A little more time, a little more settling her thoughts.

She turned back to the child, smiling.

An excitement for adventure, that was certainly in the air as she headed into the cave with the excited, dancing foal, glancing back to make sure Sol caught up easily enough. His words did catch her, and she turned her attention to him quickly, her eyes widening, a faint stumble to her steps before she collected herself, forcing herself to calm, to not worry, this was an adventure, a fun one. Don't worry about what they still needed to sort out. Her expression relaxed, dipping her head in acknowledgement, even as her gaze searched his briefly - for a moment betraying that weakness she felt, the uncertainty, a touch of hesitation, a touch of something else she couldn't quite name that always made her feel warm in his presence.

Jiri distracted her.

The little foal's dancing making her gently reach out, touching the foal's head, "Careful, little love. There will be rocks to trip over in here. We don't want you getting hurt." She soothed, as Sol caught up, the foal in between them. She smiled gently at his question, head tilting to the side, "Uhm . . . I'm not sure really . . . But . . . I feel like there's something down here I need to find . . . and . . ." She paused, a hesitation, before she met his gaze, "And I wanted to explore it with you. She quickly glanced down, smiling at the foal to obscure the personal words, "With both of you."

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam @Alfajiri

Dusk Court Blacksmith

Sol Bestiam

Jiri beamed as she listened to her aunt... or at least that is what she was supposed to call the mare. Part of her had other ideas for what she should be called... but those ideas were for at home rather than out and about... for now. Before the filly could respond, Sol snorted indignantly. "If I am old... what does that make you? We were born the same year, my dear Bel." He teased, leaning into her embrace and listening to the words. There was a part of him that had the feelings that it was going to end in disaster sweeping back in at the fact that she was still processing everything. "Is there anything I can do to help?" He asked softly, his words for the mare alone.

Her stumble had his heart jump and he had to work to calm himself. Was she ok? There was tension that neither was fully speaking about, confusion and emotions that were rolling between them like waves. Sol dipped his head, accepting that she could easily care for herself. She did not need him to be her protector. He wanted his friend, not some damsel in distress.

"I will be careful, Auntie... Besides, Daddy has been stumbling over his words worse than I could stumble over a rock lately... Something has been on his mind." She answered innocently, not even looking at her dad as she walked. Sol groaned at the filly's words, wishing that she was younger and unable to speak as much. When Bel focused on him, he found his heart leaping.

"Sounds awfully familiar to some of our recent adventures..." He responded, a touch of worry sweeping though him. He caught the attempt at changing the way words sounded and smirked softly. "I want to be with you for the adventures. All of them." There, he admitted what was going on between them and the confusion. But in a way that she didnt have to immediately answer. One that could go unanswered if she wasnt ready to make that decision. Oriens knew, he would wait for her forever if there was even a chance at his dreams coming true. The stallion said a quick, silent prayer to the god to give him the patience and wisdom to know what to say.

@Below Zero
"Sol Words" "Jiri Words"
Notes:

Dusk Court Battlemage

B e l o w Z e r o
The mare returned the filly's smile.

It was hard not to with the little foal, even as Sol snorted indignantly. Bel smiled prettily for the stallion, fluttering her eyelashes innocently, "Oh, I'm a lovely maiden in my prime, clearly. But you must be feeling the tension of all that bulk on your muscles by now. When shall we expect to fetch you a cane, dear Sol?" She purred sweetly back, the endearment slipping from her lips before she could even realize what she'd said. His soft words, his question soothed her heart though, and this time her smile was more sincere, more honest, "Be patient with me?" She hesitated, worried for a moment before turning her gaze up to him, "Don't . . . give up . . . on me while I'm figuring things out." She added, her voice soft, so the foal wouldn't hear, but letting him be privy to the vulnerability, the fear of her taking too long to decide and him leaving her like Shard had. Sailing away while she was desperately treading water in a violent storm.

There was a lot of tension in the air.

The sort of tension that came with the chaos, confusion and emotions that swirled around them like a charged atmosphere, waiting for lightning to strike. Bel just hoped they wouldn't be burnt down in the process. So she turned her attention to the filly, only for her to have to laugh at the filly's words, glancing up at Sol with sparkling amusement in her eyes, "Oh, has he now? Do tell Auntie Bel everything!" The aquatic mare asked.

Sol's words had her looking up.

She met his worry with a frown of her own, nodding once, "Yes, it does . . . WHich is why I did not want to go alone." She admitted, before she found herself feeling a slight flush of her features at his words. She hesitated, before glancing up at him, "Me too." She admitted quietly, uncertainly. Whether it was just like normal, her friend . . . no, not just that, if she was being honest with herself. What ever that was between them lately wasn't like normal . . . but did that really mean. Could she really have feelings for . . . She paused, before shaking her head and continuing to walk on.

But maybe . . . just maybe?

She instead looked ahead, pausing as her ears pitched forward, catching a sound of water dripping, a soft music carried on each drip. On her back Yuki suddenly sat up, and both creatures froze. Yuki from familiarity, Bel from some preconditioned part of her. Sea Empress? The breathy awe in Yuki's voice was all Bel needed to know, her gaze swivelling to her bonded, before her gaze turned towards Sol, "I think this is going to be . . . a lot . . . like some of our previous adventures . . . There is . . . . Something ahead." She admitted.

The walk continued, but with more caution now.

Both Bel and Yuki following the music, the call that soon led them to a buried temple deep within the caves. She paused, carefully keeping Jiri from running inside, her gaze uncertain, "There's something here . . . Shall we go look for a way up to the top?" She asked, staring at Sol, both for reassurance and approval, before she headed inside the temple, keeping Jiri close so that if anything dangerous came up, she'd be able to assist in protecting the foal.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam @Alfajiri

Dusk Court Blacksmith

Sol Bestiam

Sol snorted and shook his head. There was a part of him that wanted to spill the most recent magic touch. The one that had made him immortal. But he didnt want to chance it coloring her decision. "The day I need a cane is the day I am no longer available to explore with you, my dear. I think we should both pray that it never happens " He teased, golden eyes twinkling with happiness at being beside her again. There was that tension still, the unresolved questions. But it was much more similar to what they had been before. At her request, he paused and felt as though his heart dropped. "Of course." He promised.

Jiri laughed with an impish tone, glancing at her daddy and then Bel. "Well..." She started in an exaggerated whisper. "There is a lot of mumbling about writing to you and what he should say. And not being sure what to call you. And-" Sol's wing blocked her from sight before she could continue, a laugh in his throat as he shook his head. "Auntie doesnt need to know everything, my darling. Sometimes we can speak for ourselves when the time is right." If the stallion could blush, he would be as crimson as the sun on a smoky day.

Sol's heart melted when she looked to him and explained that she didnt want to go alone. Of all of the others she could have asked, she asked him. That little fact meant the world to the massive stallion. "I am glad you asked me. It means so much more than you know." Even if things didnt pan out the way he hoped. He would not abandon her. Never.

When Yuki sat up, Sol had to swallow the words that wanted to escape. Yep... Here they went again. "I am not leaving you. I definitely learned my lesson there." He remarked, stepping closer to his girls and walking more cautiously.

Jiri pressed closer to the adults as the cave morphed into temple. She felt a wave of apprehension and kept glancing between the pair. Sol touched the filly with his wing, the move protective and brushing Bel as well. "Lead the way. Any danger we face as a pair. I trust you and am right beside you." He responded, following closely as they made their way inside.

@Below Zero
"Sol Words" "Jiri Words"
Notes:

Dusk Court Battlemage

B e l o w Z e r o
Bel couldn't help but laugh.

The sound was rich, freeing even; as she looked towards him, "Ah, yes, I'd hate for that to happen. Who else would keep me out of trouble?" She asked with a laugh. She tilted her head to the side, as she smiled at the stile, feeling some more of that tension fade. Of course, at his pause, she glnaced at him, instantly breaching the difference to touch his side softly, "Don't look like I've kicked your dog while it was down." She said quietly, gently, "It's not a no."

It was definitely not a no.

She just wasn't sure how much of a yes it was. So she was eager to let the filly distract her. Her words however was an insight that had her glancing to the stallion, smiling very softly, amused, gentle, warm. "She's quite the little imp, isn't she?" She mused softly, her heart feeling like a jack rabbit, he'd called her his already, that didn't feel so wrong did it. His Bel? His dear Bel?

Her gaze was so briefly cut to him, watching, seeing his reaction.

Her heart couldn't help but warm. No, she might not be ready to say she was in love, but there was certainly an attraction there. Thought was nothing more but her imagination, but was back to the forefront again. Her gaze lowered once more, her voice soft, for Sol alone once more, "Well, you're already calling me yours . . ." Her tone casual, her soft smile warm, "So, I think you have part of an answer." She admitted quietly. She hadn't argued it, after all.

How could she when it warmed her so?

She smiled softly, the soft topic spoken above the foal, spoken just so to keep her unaware, "You're right," She agreed, it did likely mean more to him than she could know, "but, I think . . . I'm starting to understand." She finally admitted, before the song had startled her. His remark, his step closer had her visibly relaxing and she nodded once, as they headed further into the caves.

The temple was unexpected.

She looked over, nuzzling the filly reassuringly, feeling the brush of Sol's wing and shooting him a grateful look before nodding and heading inside. The air was cold, stale inside, but as Bel stepped inside, her glow helped light the area up, Sol's own glow assisting in his own way. Looking around she headed further in, keeping an eye out for any traps, anything that could hurt them. Instead they merely climbed higher, and higher, until she was startled to see them come out at the top, where that drip of water was now much louder. She motioned the other two to stop, her expression cautious before she looked up at Sol. She pressed her muzzle to the side of his gently, "Trust me . . . This . . . is my Oriens." She whispered in explanation, even as Yuki had fallen to the floor, in a bowed position before the song they heard.

Bel searched his eyes for understand, acceptance.

Wanting him to trust her like he promised, before she turned towards the dripping water falling on a small pedestal. She approached slowly, before reaching out to touch her muzzle to the water, and like a sonic boom, the sounds of the song in the water strengthened, suddenly heard all around, echoing off the walls, louder than before, loud enough for all to hear the harmonizing whale-like song. But to Yuki and Bel, it was no longer a song, but words. Child, my dear Treader. For so long your people have been stagnant, people of fear, lost from their ways. But you have been brave, you are who I created your people to be. Protectors. Warriors. My champions of the oceans." Bel's glow was beginning to get brighter, a softer, almost robin egg blue glow surrounding her in the process, "My lady?" Bel's voice was alarmed, as she felt that glow engulf her, shrouding her vision. May you teach the others what we were meant to be, be fruitful, be eternal.

The fade disappeared, and Bel felt herself sink to her knees.

Her vision slowly cleared, as magic settled in, and she looked conflicted as she turned to Sol, climbing slowly to her feet. "Immortality . . . ." She was confused, uncertain, conflicted, suddenly worried, concerned. "I'm . . . Immortal?"

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam @Alfajiri

Dusk Court Blacksmith

Sol Bestiam

Sol laughed, feeling lighter than he had in the last few weeks. This was the mare that he adored. That he loved. That he trusted with everything he was. The only one that he had actually told the horrors of his past without fearing that she would disappear. "Oriens knows it is a full time job." He teased back, winking his golden eye at her. Her touch was electrifying and took him a moment to wrap his head around. Then he registered what she said. Not a no. "Forgive me if the last meeting was... emotional... I dont know how to feel, what to hope for." He murmured softly, admitting to her that he was as mixed up as she seemed to be.

Sol snorted at her reply regarding Jiri. "This is nothing... She gets worse." He laughed, ruffling the filly's short mane as they walked. She gave an indignant squeak before going back to watching the cave around them like a little hawk.

Her words were a balm, just the simple fact that she was there and they were talking without trying to attack each other with magic... again... The words hit him and he looked at her with wide eyes. It was hard to read to much into, he was terrified of reading it wrong. But at the same time, his heart felt like it was leaping. Perhaps there was still the chance. "I will take what answers I possibly can get." He smiled softly, his gaze warm as he reached out to brush his muzzle against her side.

As she continued to speak, Sol nodded and walked at her side. "At least I am less hard headed than I was." He teased softly, anxiety starting to build as they approached what seemed to be their destination. His touch was reacted to with positive, giving him another glimmer of hope. He could feel the cooler temple air, pulling Jiri a touch closer to keep her warmer. He knew that Bel would be right at home in the change, but Jiri was still rather young.

When Bel motioned for them to stop, a part of him wanted to stop her from going. But at her begging for trust, he relinquished the desire to protect. "I trust you. I, we, will be right here for you." He murmured, though there was an undercurrent of how hard it was for him to give her up to whatever was happening. Even so, he took one step closer before he realized it. With a soft sigh, he nodded to her before dipping his head to his daughter.

The song was strange and eerie, making Jiri step closer to her father as they watch with very different reactions. Sol felt like his heart was in his throat as she began to glow further. Jiri was in awe at the strange, alien magic that seemed to be dancing around her aunt. At the alarmed words, Sol nearly broke his promise. His daughter nipped his shoulder, breaking the fear and allowing him to think more clearly.

As soon as she turned back, Sol and Jiri rushed to her side. Sol pressed to her cool form, shaking slightly due to the emotions that had been swirling in his heart. "Just means we have eternity to figure our world out." He murmured with a wink, hinting that he was just as never-ending as his beloved aquatic alien.

@Below Zero
"Sol Words" "Jiri Words"
Notes:

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »