Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Interactive Quest  - Give it up for you [Immortality Quest]

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
but now you make me wanna live forever 
all that runnin', gonna give it up for you 
nothing ever get me high like you do
Bel couldn't help but laugh.

The sound was rich, freeing even; as she looked towards him, "Ah, yes, I'd hate for that to happen. Who else would keep me out of trouble?" She asked with a laugh. She tilted her head to the side, as she smiled at the stile, feeling some more of that tension fade. Of course, at his pause, she glnaced at him, instantly breaching the difference to touch his side softly, "Don't look like I've kicked your dog while it was down." She said quietly, gently, "It's not a no."

It was definitely not a no.

She just wasn't sure how much of a yes it was. So she was eager to let the filly distract her. Her words however was an insight that had her glancing to the stallion, smiling very softly, amused, gentle, warm. "She's quite the little imp, isn't she?" She mused softly, her heart feeling like a jack rabbit, he'd called her his already, that didn't feel so wrong did it. His Bel? His dear Bel?

Her gaze was so briefly cut to him, watching, seeing his reaction.

Her heart couldn't help but warm. No, she might not be ready to say she was in love, but there was certainly an attraction there. Thought was nothing more but her imagination, but was back to the forefront again. Her gaze lowered once more, her voice soft, for Sol alone once more, "Well, you're already calling me yours . . ." Her tone casual, her soft smile warm, "So, I think you have part of an answer." She admitted quietly. She hadn't argued it, after all.

How could she when it warmed her so?

She smiled softly, the soft topic spoken above the foal, spoken just so to keep her unaware, "You're right," She agreed, it did likely mean more to him than she could know, "but, I think . . . I'm starting to understand." She finally admitted, before the song had startled her. His remark, his step closer had her visibly relaxing and she nodded once, as they headed further into the caves.

The temple was unexpected.

She looked over, nuzzling the filly reassuringly, feeling the brush of Sol's wing and shooting him a grateful look before nodding and heading inside. The air was cold, stale inside, but as Bel stepped inside, her glow helped light the area up, Sol's own glow assisting in his own way. Looking around she headed further in, keeping an eye out for any traps, anything that could hurt them. Instead they merely climbed higher, and higher, until she was startled to see them come out at the top, where that drip of water was now much louder. She motioned the other two to stop, her expression cautious before she looked up at Sol. She pressed her muzzle to the side of his gently, "Trust me . . . This . . . is my Oriens." She whispered in explanation, even as Yuki had fallen to the floor, in a bowed position before the song they heard.

Bel searched his eyes for understand, acceptance.

Wanting him to trust her like he promised, before she turned towards the dripping water falling on a small pedestal. She approached slowly, before reaching out to touch her muzzle to the water, and like a sonic boom, the sounds of the song in the water strengthened, suddenly heard all around, echoing off the walls, louder than before, loud enough for all to hear the harmonizing whale-like song. But to Yuki and Bel, it was no longer a song, but words. Child, my dear Treader. For so long your people have been stagnant, people of fear, lost from their ways. But you have been brave, you are who I created your people to be. Protectors. Warriors. My champions of the oceans." Bel's glow was beginning to get brighter, a softer, almost robin egg blue glow surrounding her in the process, "My lady?" Bel's voice was alarmed, as she felt that glow engulf her, shrouding her vision. May you teach the others what we were meant to be, be fruitful, be eternal.

The fade disappeared, and Bel felt herself sink to her knees.

Her vision slowly cleared, as magic settled in, and she looked conflicted as she turned to Sol, climbing slowly to her feet. "Immortality . . . ." She was confused, uncertain, conflicted, suddenly worried, concerned. "I'm . . . Immortal?"

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam @Alfajiri
Notes:: <3

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Give it up for you [Immortality Quest] - by Below Zero - 09-05-2021, 09:45 PM