Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Thrones & Thorns

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 17 — Threads: 4
Signos: 35
Day Court Merchant
Female [She/Her]  |  Immortal [Year 491 Winter]  |  13 hh  |  Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 17  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Cordelia

you are a vast forest
full of beautiful and vibrant stories

H
e does not speak at first. Cordelia realizes after a few moments of silence that she was momentarily blinded by her anger and disappointment. So much that she has not seen him. Really seen him. The kind woman peers up at him, her sad blue eyes still full of disappointment. When he speaks, she is pulled down again. Then anger boils and bubbles up inside her. It is born anew. The stranger claims it was not his throne to take. "It was anyone's to take. An empty throne does not decide who is deserving of it. Its people do." She refutes his point because it is not a good enough point. "It is another thing entirely if you did not want it for whatever reason or reasons that may be." The small gold woman does not care what his reasons are for not wanting the throne. She had her own reasons for that very same idea.

A few more moments pass as she feels her features soften for a moment as she studies him. Cordelia imagines that he has either lived a hard life, or perhaps it was thrust upon him by others. She cannot know for sure without asking. When he speaks again, he lies. He says that he does not love this land, but yet he felt the need to speak up against the new king. Cordelia laughs, but it is not as warm as she is. The softness of her face does not match the way she sounds. "Liar." She responds. The words are a little softer than her laugh. The small woman knows that she can be wrong, and perhaps he truly does not love this land. To her, that is the most unlikely scenario. 

"If you did not love Solterra... you wouldn't have spoken up. You wouldn't have all but crawled here just to share that with Soleterra. I am sorry I didn't see you were unwell before." The woman's voice has changed again. It is the sound of home to so many. Her concern is authentic because she cares about him in the same way she cares about all those she meets.

"Come on, I've got a tea shop just a few buildings down. I've got a guest room you can rest in... I'm not asking." She adds as she turns to lead him to her little shop on the edge of Solterra. 

@Mernatius

Messages In This Thread
Thrones & Thorns - by Cordelia - 09-06-2021, 02:12 PM
RE: Thrones & Thorns - by Mernatius - 09-06-2021, 03:00 PM
RE: Thrones & Thorns - by Cordelia - 09-11-2021, 09:50 PM