Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - You touch so foreign

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

share with me the blankets that you're wrapped in
because it's cold outside, cold outside, it's cold outside

Callynite

share with me the secrets that you kept in
because it's cold inside, cold inside, it's cold inside

There was a difference to the air, at least to Callynite, as she walked the streets. More stared at her, not just the occasional glances she got before as a deer, but this time, because she wasn't just another citizen in the kingdom. Others moved out of her way, uncertain as if waiting to see what kind of leader she would be. If she would push the poor out of the way in her journey to a top. Had things really gotten so silent, so dead, that a mere change in power could cause this quiet confusion. Bated breath held for positive or negative interaction. She didn't think of it, instead walking up to a vendor, ordering a bit of dinner with a kind smile, paying with coin, tipping for the quick service, ignoring the look of starstruck honor from the vendor who hadn't expected their new Queen to partake in 'street food.' Cally merely smiled, taking a bite of the sandwich and declaring it perfect, before continuing on.

More curious whispers started up, following as she walked through the darkening kingdom, occasionally helping mothers herd up their young foals, a queen who didn't want to be seen as a step up, willing to instead walk among her subjects, partake in their own quiet lives. She wanted this place to feel like home, not just a land she had domain over. She continues to move, before feeling a twinge in the magic, in the very web of ley lines she uses to keep tabs on her country, her people, to ensure everyone is healthy, alive. She doesn't know what the twinge is, but something has disturbed the magic of the ley lines, a subtle cry for attention. It doesn't take long for her to realize it's plants trying to give report, and she listened to the report of something near the gates of dawn.

A commotion. A trouble. Cally races forward, easily sliding through the crowds, manipulating her body through the ley lines when she needs to before spotting the soldier, so outspoken, from the meeting. Instantly Cally was sliding through the crowd, forcing them back, away from the disturbed mare, "Back up, give her space! It's getting late, all of you can go home. There is nothing her to concern you." Her voice rang out strong, steady, before she approached Meira cautiously, standing between her and the gates, "Meira, right? Let's talk. Once we're done, if you still wish to leave Delumine, I will personally prepare you a pack of food and other necessities to give you the best start on your own. But . . . I think I'd like to hear what has disturbed you so much." Her voice was soft, for Meira's ears alone, and she offered a kind smile, reassuring, "I promise, I'm not the sort to force someone to be held back. If you feel your path is beyond our gates? I will wish you the best, and just remind you, you are always welcome back.

"But, I'd like to avoid mistakes of those who came before me . . . Will you spare a deer a moment of your thoughts?
" She didn't want to lose anyone of Delumine, there weren't many of them left anyway . . . But she also couldn't force Meira to stay if she wanted out so badly. Cally knew what it felt like, trapped under the thumb of another who made all the decisions for you. Trapped behind the facade of 'mother knows best' and kept locked away from the world. Cally couldn't bear the idea of forcing another to be trapped into a life, a kingdom they couldn't find happiness in. If Meira really wanted to leave, Cally would let her go with everything she might need out there. She just hoped it wouldn't come to that.

and your slowly shaking finger tips
show that you're scared like me so

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Meira
Notes: <3

let's pretend we're alone
and i know you may be scared
and i know we're unprepared
but i don't care

Artwork ©Bingo

Messages In This Thread