Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - You touch so foreign

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

share with me the blankets that you're wrapped in
because it's cold outside, cold outside, it's cold outside

Callynite

share with me the secrets that you kept in
because it's cold inside, cold inside, it's cold inside

This was the first hard task that Cally was setting out to handle, after taking up her role of sovereign. And she wasn't sure how successful she would be in it. What it might mean for the future of her rule. Here was a member of her court asking for help, ready to walk away. What would it say about Cally if this Deluminian left, more importantly, what would it make Cally feel about her position and capabilities. And most importantly above all; at least in Cally's eyes; what would it mean for Meira's future. Favor for and against her time of reign would likely sway with the seasons, so was nature. And her own confidence in herself would always hit peaks and valleys - as was natural. But Meira's fears seemed to permeate from beyond Delumine soils. It was something that had this mare ready to leave the court, ready to cast herself away. And who knows what might mean for Meira.

So Cally treats this situation the way she would want to be if the roles were reversed. This was no time for false pretenses. This was a moment that called for honest, and calls for support, no matter the situation. Whether Meira left the courts, Cally saw her as a Deluminian first, not a deserter. Which meant, if the time came, and she needed to come to her aid, she would. And while she may be a deer, with little else to her name than antlers, she also hummed with the very magical currents that swept this entire continent. Her eyes closed, she was now able to follow those currents, to locate individuals. Those whose currents she knew, she could pick out instantly. Coy was back at the palace, and judging by the repetitive movements of his currents, pacing about, waiting for her return. She could feel Sol Bestiam, with his mammoth energy that felt like the sun resting beside the smaller sparkle of his daughter. And now, knowing Meira, she could feel the chaotic energy, like waves crashing within the limits of a contained force; just meters in front of her. It was the manipulation of that energy that she would use to defend Meira as one of her own.

But she doesn't know what is going on. She wants to give her support, but what support is she promising. What is she to stand up against. Would Meira even give her the chance to know? The bitter laugh that falls from Meira is one that causes her to pause, and she tilts her head as the other speaks, of how she might not enjoy what she'd need to do. Her words are softer though, and it is a moment before Cally responds, "Some of the right decisions, are the hardest to make. Not because we want to make them, but because they're the ones we need to make but will feel no joy out of." It's words spoken from an older part of her soul, but they're spoken with soft, earnest, matching the lowness Meira presented her words in, "I may not always make the best decisions, no one is perfect, but I try to make the right decisions as often as possible."

Then an offer is given, and an offer that Cally feels would change the sway of this conversation. The promise of the story, of the knowledge of what Meira was afraid, of who. An individual who preyed on the vulnerable. Already those two sentences set Cally ill at ease. Not for concern of what she was promising to take down if the time came; but rather concern for her people against what a being whose is described with those words is capable of. Those aren't soft words to describe a soured relationship. Those are the words of a prey describing its predator. Predation was a natural part of the world, as one who tapped so fully into the natural order of things, Cally was aware of that. But this . . . this sounded different as well. And it was only through hearing the story that she'd be able to make her decisions - she prayed, for Delumine, for Meira; she'd make the right one as well.

A name was a perfect start, and the Court he resided in. But to be called dangerous, to hear of magic that ensures others. She listens quietly, cataloging and prioritizing every bit of information - making sure to pay careful attention to how he handles those he ensnares. She doesn't like what she hears, and the more she hears, her eyes grow hard, feeling the very glittering green aura strengthening in shine around her, as her very magic subconsciously acted upon her disgust about such a creature. Yes, if need be, she'd stand in Meira's corner. She'd wall up the distance between themselves and this being. "You're right, that's not something I want to hear. Not because I don't want to make the decisions involved, but because no one likes to hear how evil another being can be." The idea of his magic turning someone against another as the doe hoping even she would be able to stand against, especially if it ensnared the senses, tapped into the mind. Hers was so fully swept into the currents of this world, the very magical ley lines, that she was never fully herself anymore. Would that protect her?

She didn't need to hear what was asked of her, she had already come to that decision, that conclusion herself. Cally looks up, her green eyes sparkling with the firm grasp on the magic she was keeping, but her voice isn't as controlled, it displays her emotions. The certainty she held in her decision, the determined righteousness to do what was required, and the unbridled disdain for this being that had been described to her. "I may be a small doe, easily overlooked because of my species. But I took this role to do my best for Delumine. For the others who called themselves Deluminians. I promised myself I'd treat everyone fairly, hear all sides of the argument . . . do what needs to be done to see Delumine, to see the Dawn Court prosper.

"This Sebastien is not of our home, he is not of my concern, does not deserve my fairness, does not deserve my sympathies, my kind actions. Should he step foot on Deluminian soil, the very earth will respond with my will. If I must kill him, to keep Delumine safe, to keep you safe, I will not hesitate to enact my vengeance. I may be a fair, a just leader when I can, and I am not without mercy where it is owed. But anyone who would dare strike up against one of my Court will not see that side of me.
" She doesn't go into detail on the side they will see, mainly because she felt the need wasn't there. She put forth her best face for Deluminians to see, they didn't know beneath the countenance of the young doe was the inferno of a former goddess, a mother nature cast off and separated from the realm and nature she held domain over. They didn't know she'd transferred that loyalty to her home, her world into Delumine, and everything under the Court's banner. They didn't know her story, of where she came from, what she'd left behind, and what she hadn't been able to protect her people from there, even if she'd given her original godly life to contain an enemy. She'd seen her people hunted down once before, been unable to do more than aid at the time, but this time it was different. This time she had the power to help, to defend, and protect. She had claimed Delumine as her home, her land, her court. The people her subjects, her beloved family. Unfortunately for Sebastien, if there is ever one thing true about gods, former gods, and every other variant - you do not threaten what they consider theirs. Delumine, and her citizens, they were Cally's everything.

This statement rings truer for a goddess over nature, where their domain stretches so far, and where their rage is fueled by their desire to protect and defend. Her voice rings out, clear, a decree that is answered by the very soil beneath them, humming energy that is already aligning with her intentions, "Let it be known, from this moment forth. Should the being known as Sebastien step foot on Deluminian soil, it will be treated as an act of war. He, and any who align behind him; shall be seen as enemies of the Court, and will be treated with extreme prejudice." Her voice is hard, unwavering, and she can feel the very energies coursing through Delumine strengthening, tying her deeper into the land, to make sure should he step up, if he should step in - she would know, and she would answer. "Should he foolish step onto our lands, he will not leave them alive." Not because she wanted to say whatever it took to keep Meira from leaving, but because this was the right decision, the hard decision, the only decision Cally could make.

Because any being who could do those things to another was the enemy of everyone he came across. And Cally refused to let her people be hunted when she could stop it this time.

and your slowly shaking finger tips
show that you're scared like me so

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Meira
Notes: <3

let's pretend we're alone
and i know you may be scared
and i know we're unprepared
but i don't care

Artwork ©Bingo

Messages In This Thread