Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - You touch so foreign

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

share with me the blankets that you're wrapped in
because it's cold outside, cold outside, it's cold outside

Callynite

share with me the secrets that you kept in
because it's cold inside, cold inside, it's cold inside

There is something about the distress in another that can make Cally stand taller. To hear a story; and feel the need flowing through her body to fix it. To right the wrong. To offer a safe haven; a need to protect and defend. She knows a lot of it comes to who she was, and where she originated from. When your past life paints you as a goddess who gave her very life for those who worshiped her; that tends to stick with you: lifetime, and lifetime again. Especially a mother nature who feels the need to nurture. So hearing the story Meira tells her, that need bubbles up until she wants to protect the other mare, to destroy this very monster where he may stand.

The need to banish the demons comes full force, and for a moment, the doe feels like the goddess again, standing against the Disirax as the threaten the health, happiness and magic of her people. Eyes blazing with fury as war is promised on the horizon. And then she's back on Novus land, a doe, a Sovereign - not a Goddess. And this threat is a stallion; not a despicable monstrosity. But the anger, the fury at the mere thought this being would try to control one of her subjects still tells her he is an enemy. A threat. And threats were to be squashed. To hear that Meira had decided to stay, Cally felt some of that heat start to simmer down - the knowledge she had changed the mind - her own reactions had been the reassurance.

A slow smile touched the doe's face, and she grins easily, "We will set the fires together." She corrects, before grinning a little brighter, "My father once told me, Strangers are merely friends you haven't made yet . . . and I'd be honor to make friends with you Meira. I have a feeling, your own fire is exactly what Delumine will need to continue to grow." It was a fire, a passion for this land she hoped to ignite in all of her people. She blinks then, startling at the idea of someone finding home in her. And for a moment, she's almost brought back to that feeling of being a goddess once more, loved by her people, supported by her creations. And then she's banishing the thought once more. It's not who she was anymore, she was one of them now, a mortal, a member of Novus, a Sovereign of Delumine . . . and that was better than being a goddess.

She smiles gently, "I can understand that. A Court might give you stability, walls to protect you - but with out the strength of the people to build up those walls, they can crumble. When the ground shakes; as it will; it's the people who shoulder you, and help you find your balance." She steps back, to allow Meira to pass, to return to where she comes from, "I think you're wrong. You may not be good at defending others, protecting them directly - but giving us the knowledge of what it does is a protection of itself. It prepares us, so we will be less likely caught off guard by it. I believe, you to be more capable of defense than you may realize. But go now, and do consider getting some rest as well . . . This has not been a conversation light of heart. But I thank you for trusting me with the knowledge you have given me . . . I must make my own escape as well . . . I have a letter to write to the Sovereigns of Denocte, and a new law to write regarding an enemy to the Court." Not to mention some plans to lay with the very Court itself, so she would be alerted should he ever foolishly cross her lands.

and your slowly shaking finger tips
show that you're scared like me so

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Meira
Notes: <3

let's pretend we're alone
and i know you may be scared
and i know we're unprepared
but i don't care

Artwork ©Bingo

Messages In This Thread