Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Broadening Horizons (Pol x Liatris)

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 12 — Threads: 2
Signos: 30
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  17.2 hh  |  Hth: 15 — Atk: 5 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

A smile crossed the boys face at her comment. ”I wish I could say I was helping others the same” he replied thoughtfully. “My efforts at learning are somewhat fruitless though” once he got over the awkwardness, he spoke in much the same cadence as his mother, with that same soft lilt to his voice. He vaguely remembered how much both lu and cav commented on how he and his brother were polar opposites.  

He knew his mothers hadn’t named them right away. Instead waiting a few days, to see what personalities came out of them. He had been named for a lovely purple flower, one of joy. Eremurus had been named for a spiky yellow flower that embodied the desert. Harsh, but with an oasis at it’s center. He hadn’t seen that desert boy in a long long time. 

He dipped his head in solitude for her. “Im sorry” he murmured. In Elysium he had only ever known one home, though he knew that he and his brother were born mere months after Luvena and Cavalier had been chased out of the eternal woods.

Liatris’ face fell immediately. That meant she’d lost it. He didn’t remember much from before Luvena had gotten it.  But what he did remember was all from after he’d been weaned, the same time she had quickly gone downhill,shortly before mama cav and his brother had left them. There was a dark sort of bitterness in his heart for his other mother, the kind that festered and boiled in a recess that no one was ever meant to see. This was not the place for that anger. Most of the memories from that time didn’t involve Luvena though. Most of those days were spent with Cavalier, or sometimes Syrilth or Kodarki. Luvena only joined them sometimes, and even then it was clear she should have been resting. If there was little to her before he was weaned, there was nothing to her then. She was a ghost of a creature, the embodiment of death. He wondered now how long it would spare her. 

He closed his eyes, taking a moment to steady his breath. “No. No.” he repeated. “If shes lost her immortality then…” the words lingered in the air. He suspected the mare before him knew well enough what words went unspoken. He didn’t want to show up in person, to shock her so. (What an insult to the mare that would be really. She was far stronger then that, but what was a child who hadn’t seen her in years to know)

“Will you… tell her for me?” Clearly Polar North was close with her mother. 

@Polar North

He’s a book full of footnotes brought to life. He’s a jacket made of elbow patches.

@Liatris

Messages In This Thread
RE: Broadening Horizons (Pol x Liatris) - by Liatris - 09-30-2021, 05:03 PM