Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Let us live like flowers

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Briallu [PM] Posts: 21 — Threads: 3
Signos: 1,440
Dusk Court Citizen
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  8 [Year 502 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: Dark Matter Manipulation  |    Bonded: Eomer (Eastern Snow Dragon)

I crave a life filled with magic in the smallest of things

Listening carefully a mix of confusion and surprise passes over her face. More like me? There's a pang in her chest at the idea. Why would the world need more of her? To Elain she has only ever succeeded in slowing others down by clinging to them like a child, pulling at their metaphorical sleeve. She's been doing it to her twin and father since the day the two had both come into the world; she came second, blind to the world, and had clung to her family from the first second. Her first breath had been a shaky one compared to Faelan, first steps had been slower, chasing after him and forcing him to slow down for her. Every second of Elain's life had been one of her depending on everyone else, keeping others from learning what they could be, and yet here was Liam telling her that the world needed more souls like hers. Not to mention she's had a history of destroying things with her magic though she has yet to feel any hint of it so far, telling her that she can't reach out to it in this world. Her ears tip back at this idea with a faint hint of sadness passing over her face while Elain shakes her head to disagree. "The world doesn't need more of me, I am last one you'd want to duplicate." It's a soft whisper when she speaks, just loud enough to hear, and then she clears her throat, relaxes her ears, and addresses the rest like she had never said those words. "So you are what a Sovereign is supposed to be? What about Sovereign's that are only soldiers or only kind? Can they learn to be both? I think they probably could, you can learn just about everything if you've got enough time and determination." Elain's smile widens at the idea of being the average height because that means she won't be talking to someone's chest as often. Her expression turns to surprise at Liam's guess of how tall she is - he's hit the nail right on the head. "Correct, I'm somewhere between those two. From what I've heard of my family besides my brother and father they're supposed to be quite tall, if I'm correct I believe I'm the shortest."

Elain is careful when he comes to stand by her, even if he says he's tougher than he sounds she doesn't want to risk it. She would hate to admit it but the albino is, in truth, a creature made for destruction; her magic hurts others, her scales cut, and her horns stab. Yet she is the absolute opposite of what she was built for; she is a soft soul, a warm cup of tea in a frigid winter, Elain is the gentle hand that will wipe tears away, and she strives to share this with others. She's still thinking over his words when he says that yes, yes she can stay and that he'll make sure she has a room in a safe place. A smile spread across her face and she nods, grateful at his kindness. "Thank you, I'm grateful for your kindness Liam." Her head turns towards him at his nudge, ears in an alert position as she listens, and a soft smile on her face. "Your homeland sounds magical, I wish I could see it. I...I will try my best to do that." Yes, yes she'll try to be herself as much as she can be. She'll work on accepting the way her magic is, and she'll continue to grow as much as she can.

At his second nudge she steps forward with him towards a new home, a future opening up before her. Elain will work to thrive in his court, to find her twin and her place in Novus.

"Talk."
Thoughts
Eomer

Tags »@Liam
Voice » Lily Collins
OOC »

The Paragon Child
x | x

Mild force & magic permitted within reason
Gather courage like wildflowers

Messages In This Thread
Let us live like flowers - by Elain - 11-01-2021, 10:33 PM