Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Homesickness

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world

The star was confused.

There was so many cues, and emotional context being delivered to her by her magic, to assist in translating, in helping her understand a language she was not familiar with, and yet she couldn't fully comprehend what was going on here. All she knew was that this mare, adorned as brightly as a star; was upset . . . and Veil wanted to help. So she wasn't going to leave this mare on her own. Instead, Veil moved forward, choosing to accompany her, choosing to stand by her side. Her eas perked at the subtle ringing of the bells from her antlers, or the way she'd shifted closer towards Veil's warmth. Veil kind smile never dims, even as she attempts to offer reassurances.

It's hard when you have only a few words to say.

There's a flush of embarrassment as she found her struggle increasing in an attempt to show she understood, before finding the words finally, the star able to try to offer what she could. THe other spoke then, Veil turning her head, pink galactic eyes looking into the blue of her new walking companion. She's not sure of the words, not all of them, some made sense, enough sense that she could smile and nod at the idea, Yes . . . It was more than affirmative, as the mare had no way to actually express her appreciation, so instead, offered something else, New . . friends? The question was so youthful, hesitating, uncertain. As if she was broaching a sensitive topic with out proper preparation. When was the right time to ask for friendship? Was this too soon?

She had one friend, Jane of Day.

But Veil craved companionship, moments to learn and grow . . . and Jane had been so . . . sparse in appearances lately - and they shared a home. Veil knew she was growing more lonely by the passing day . . . but what other options did she have? She didn't know very many - so now, with the chance to make a new friend, of course she would make it. And then the other was suddenly brightening, and Veil turned to look towards her curiously, ears perked forward, wondering what Torielle was suddenly thinking about. The words came fast, too many for her to understand, but the bright expression on Torielle's face told her it was all good things.

She doesn't interrupt, letting Tori talk, ears perked to catch the excited, bubbly words.

The mare did catch the last sentence well enough, help you feel less alone. Tori had glanced away, averting her gaze, and Veil reached her muzzle out gently, touching it to the lady's shoulder with a softness, her own hesitation in her gaze, Yes, please. She spoke softly, almost shyly in that moment, Less alone . . . good. She added. Tori was suddenly speaking again, though she couldn't understand, more sounds made she had no meaning of, but she offered a reassuring gentleness regardless, tilting her head, Okay. She didn't know what she'd actually agreed to, perhaps it would be obvious to Torielle, but . . . Veil figured, maybe this once.

Blind trust was okay.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Torielle
Notes:: Veil's like, 'not sure what you said, but I like your energy when you said it, so sure?'

Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?

Artist Credit to Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
Homesickness - by Torielle - 01-01-2022, 07:50 AM
RE: Homesickness - by Veil Nebula - 01-01-2022, 12:11 PM
RE: Homesickness - by Torielle - 01-04-2022, 03:38 AM
RE: Homesickness - by Veil Nebula - 01-05-2022, 06:21 AM
RE: Homesickness - by Torielle - 01-18-2022, 11:34 AM
RE: Homesickness - by Veil Nebula - 01-19-2022, 12:53 AM
RE: Homesickness - by Torielle - 01-22-2022, 09:54 PM
RE: Homesickness - by Veil Nebula - 01-23-2022, 11:12 AM