Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - You'll Never Know

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He listened to her words and considered their meaning. She spoke of the purpose of winter. He had known his homeland existed without this cycle. It was however barren and unwelcoming. Perhaps it was that without this suffering season, it was that life was stifled. His mind mulled on it briefly, the thoughts interrupted by listening further to what the mare had to say. 

“You are right that I do not know you well. Perhaps you are a demon in disguise.” he said with a soft chuckle, his icey blue eyes glittering with a mischievous glimmer. He shifted his weight slightly between his hefty hooves. He was unused to others not taking his words at face value. It was almost refreshing to speak to a creature that challenged him at each and every turn. 

The loss of his dam was really the only creature he mourned. His resentment towards his father had only built the longer the younger stallion had followed in footsteps. “My mother was truly the purest being, we were blessed to have her, she was cursed to fall in with my father.” he spoke softly now, his eyes glazed slightly with his own haunting memories. What would have changed simply by having his mother at his side? There was no use contemplating it, it would never be true. All he could do was attempt to live life to be his best self. “I’m sorry to ramble, this is a depressing topic.” he added with a sigh.

“My gods are silent. I can only hope their fire reawakens within me.” He shivered within the cave system, feeling oddly exposed. He hadn’t exactly meant to tell so much of himself to the stranger, but she felt easy to speak to. It was as though when she debated his claims he felt the need to explain further, to let her see why his perception may be painted that way.

ooc: Sorry this is abit short and for making you wait so long <3
image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Messages In This Thread
You'll Never Know - by Caelum - 01-11-2022, 11:16 PM
RE: You'll Never Know - by Jarek - 01-28-2022, 12:05 AM
RE: You'll Never Know - by Caelum - 01-28-2022, 01:24 PM
RE: You'll Never Know - by Jarek - 01-28-2022, 07:11 PM
RE: You'll Never Know - by Caelum - 01-28-2022, 07:53 PM
RE: You'll Never Know - by Jarek - 01-28-2022, 08:24 PM
RE: You'll Never Know - by Caelum - 01-29-2022, 05:25 AM
RE: You'll Never Know - by Jarek - 01-29-2022, 06:04 AM
RE: You'll Never Know - by Caelum - 01-29-2022, 06:33 AM