Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - You'll Never Know

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
I'm tugging at my hair
I'm pulling at my clothes
I'm tryna keep my cool
I know it shows
The summer maiden was a cautious being.

She played her hand close to her chest, watching the others card holders for any ticks while never giving anything of herself away. A system of care and preserverence, saving face before an enemy that belonged to a true court room warfare. Meant to be queen of an entire race of being, the heralded of the eternal summer, her parents had raised her to always present herself with out faults. To never show weakness.

A glimmer of weakness was an opening.

So she was careful to keep her opinions and thoughts sheltered, a pokerface wiping away the usual light and easy to read expression in her eyes. Naturally a very open and expressive individual, the ease she could don the mask never failed to alarm her. She took comfort in the knowledge that her emotions weren't truly gone. Just obscured from outside perception. 

She snorts at the idea of being a demon in disguise.

That had been her beloved Trey. She was an avenging angel at times. Capable of gentleness with one hand and angry retribution with the other. Turning to shield a child with one step so the next one delivers the blow to the enemy. She doesn't express these thoughts, merely staring in amusement, the faintest hitch of a smile tugging at one corner of her lips, "Do you so readily believe such an opinion? I? A demon?" She echoes with a snort.

Some may have agreed with him, though.

The sour turn to the conversation was unwelcome to a mare who had lost everything by her own hand. She didn't interrupt, however. She didn't even show her discomfort visibly. She knew sometimes others just needed to speak to clear their mind properly. She'd taken to talking things through herself. She could relate to the struggles of losing loved ones, and ad she saw him slides into his thoughts, She sighed, "Living in the past does nothing but make you question your own worth and drown you in the unpleasant memories, until the good ones may be forgotten. While it is tragic to say goodbye to loved ones, they rarely wish for us to punish ourselves for their untimely end." Shw tilts her head, consider what to say next. "My people have our own burial rights. We burn our dead, so their spirits may go live amongst the stars. When I feel despairing, I will look to the stars to remind myself they're not truly gone. They always are with me."

The mare was silent at the mention of Gods.

She knew Novus had many, other lands likely would too, but the concept was still odd, "My people do not follow Gods, so I cannot understand your plight. We follow the Spirit of Summer, our royals taking in the essence of the season. But it is as close as we come to deities, and we do not worship these season. The idea of gods is still unfamiliar to me." She knew first hand, even the royal tie to summer felt nothing like what monks felt for gods.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Jarek
Notes: 

I'm staring at my feet
My cheeks are turning red
I'm searching for the words inside my head
art by bingo

Messages In This Thread
You'll Never Know - by Caelum - 01-11-2022, 11:16 PM
RE: You'll Never Know - by Jarek - 01-28-2022, 12:05 AM
RE: You'll Never Know - by Caelum - 01-28-2022, 01:24 PM