Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - You'll Never Know

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking with Caelum was slowly making him feel unsettled. He was unused to feeling like he had to speak of his struggles. He wasn’t entirely sure what about the interaction made it stir that within him. It was likely something about the mysticalness of the mare and that her well thought out responses sparked his intellect. She had given him many things to think about. It would likely still be some time before he was ready to face and process some of these struggles. He had not thought that introspection is what he would find at the end of the path of flowers. He smiled softly at her at her snort, “ I don’t believe you are a demon. But sometimes my feelings and visions defy me”. He said in a soft gravely tone. 

Feelings of grief welled within him when she spoke of the stars above being where the spirits of the dead lingered. “Fire is cleansing and divine; this is a practice we also share” he added simply with agreement. He could still remember how brilliantly his mothers pyre had burnt. The stars were magnificent and he often found himself gazing at them, wondering what the world beneath them would have become if he hadn’t lost his mother. Was she perhaps there watching over him? How would she feel about the stallion he had become? The thought left him feeling sorely inadequate.  He felt so overwhelmed with emotion that he felt like he shriveled before her, needing to turn himself away. 

“My god whispered to me in the flickering fire driving me to these lands.” his eyes becoming slightly distant as he remembered what that keen intuition had felt like.  There had to be something more to this place. He hoped that more would be revealed to him once the snow thawed. Perhaps it was this awful weather that kept the warmer gods from being able to communicate with him. 

He shook his head gently, as though he was chasing away unwelcome thoughts. “Thank you for your kindness and understanding Caelum; you have given me much to contemplate.” With telekinesis he plucked one of the flowers from the trail that had followed her, and twirled it before his eyes.  The beauty of the plants was still something miraculous to him. 

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Messages In This Thread
You'll Never Know - by Caelum - 01-11-2022, 11:16 PM
RE: You'll Never Know - by Jarek - 01-28-2022, 12:05 AM
RE: You'll Never Know - by Caelum - 01-28-2022, 01:24 PM
RE: You'll Never Know - by Jarek - 01-28-2022, 07:11 PM
RE: You'll Never Know - by Caelum - 01-28-2022, 07:53 PM
RE: You'll Never Know - by Jarek - 01-28-2022, 08:24 PM
RE: You'll Never Know - by Caelum - 01-29-2022, 05:25 AM
RE: You'll Never Know - by Jarek - 01-29-2022, 06:04 AM
RE: You'll Never Know - by Caelum - 01-29-2022, 06:33 AM
RE: You'll Never Know - by Jarek - 01-29-2022, 06:57 AM