Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - We always start with good intentions but lose ourselves along the way

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline EighthWonder [PM] Posts: 21 — Threads: 5
Signos: 1,990
Dawn Court Medic
Intersex [He / Him / They / Them]  |  7 [Year 504 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

LISELI

I can heal you and you can be whole, because that is who we are.

T
he figure in the distance had defiantly heard his call, though he should have known perhaps it had been louder than he had originally intended. With the subtle acknowledgement of his presence, Liseli moved a bit closer to the figure as to close that distance between the two. It was a mare, shockingly of his same height. This initial though did bring a little smirk to Liseli’s face, but only because he should’ve known better. He’d always been a he and she so maybe in another history Liseli could’ve been mainly been a she and then it that case he too would be another tall mare. The mare was light toned, moon marking clearly visible against her golden coat, now more easily distinguishable now that she was in his line of lighter sight. Despite her outward appearance Liseli still made note of the face she’d been making, a gaze full of darker contemplation. Liseli’s copper ears pricked forward as the mare spoke, seeming to retort to a question he’d not even asked. 

Liseli listened to her voice, trying to really listen to what she’d said about the cliff and gauging the distance. It wasn’t that he was inept, he just figured a moment of silence was necessary seeing as the mare approached him with an apology next. Apologies? For me? Guess that is considered the polite thing, he thought to himself as the mare introduced herself and dipped her head kindly. The way she did so made him think for a moment that she must have, perhaps in another life been a type of high born, socially trained well. He on the other hand didn’t pay much mind to it now other than the fact that he thought it was graceful. She still seemed a little rocked, but considering he knew it was her smashing the stones it seemed fair enough to him that she should get to feel that way. Especially if they’d continue to talk it might come up in conversation. Liseli dipped his head back in respect as the mare straightened to turn to him. 

“You haven’t disturbed anyone, Io. Those statues seem important to others but rarely do they have souls in them when no one who knows of them is around.” Liseli spoke softly but to the point, his voice was often deeper than most had expected. Honestly, it was deeper now than he’d ever expected it to turn out considering his biology. He didn’t want to be rude to the mare either, who he felt was trying to soothe him for some reason, perhaps she was a mother to someone. He dropped the slight tension from his wings and relaxed his face before he spoke again ”I am Liseli.” Liseli cleared his throat before looking away from the mare for a moment and over the side of the cliff she had been looking at not too long ago. 

As he stared off the edge, the mare spoke again, kind of her to keep talking though the stress still seemed on her face, it was hard to tell if he wasn’t directly looking at her. How old was he? How old was anyone, no one had ever asked him his age. In his childhood, age wasn’t discussed by his family like it was typically in other places as he’d come to learn. ”How old are any of us really, we all come, we all go… but if were going by numbers” he gave out a little laugh “this will be the fifth spring for myself.” Fourth, fifith really to the best of Liselis knowledge he’d now have five marks on his type of colander he’d kept in the satchel around his neck. Nothing more than a small illustration of every seasons major happening, the more pictures the more life. 

Liseli then turned his head back towards the mare, he wondered for a moment how many pictures she would’ve had had everyone had a record like his, or what kind of pictures. Liseli smirked a bit and couldn’t bring himself to keep his voice to himself for once. “You know, it is none of my business, but no one says “throwing myself off of a cliff right now,” the key words being right now.” He chuckled a bit though not in a nervous way, humor was never really his strong suit and it was dark at best when he did try. “Lemmings do it and do so with glee, you…” he trailed off a little putting the words together as not upset the mare and chose to change his words.

“I know not if you’d want the company Io, but we could take a walk and see how far down it really is if you’d like.” It wasn’t so much that he was sure if she’d want to go with him or not, but he thought why should there be any type of wonder for someone so dead-set on implying the curiousness  about the drop anyway. He dropped his head in an inviting type of way. The manner in which he lowered his head revealed his one nearly blind looking eye from under his fairly lengthy forelock before he took a single step towards the backside of the mare venturing towards the path towards the darkness. 

“Speak”|@IoKairavi

https://i.postimg.cc/x84VKSkF/Table2.png; width=100%

Messages In This Thread
RE: We always start with good intentions but lose ourselves along the way - by Liseli - 03-16-2022, 12:16 AM