Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Desert Tempest

Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He listened to her speech, glistening blue eyes focused intently. At her slurring insults at the gods he chuckled.  Letting the comments slide, her religious opinions honestly were the least of his worries. If she didn’t believe, he wasn’t going to open her mouth and shovel it in. She wouldn’t appreciate it, and it wouldn’t work. 

He kept his eye contact and didn’t flinch, he let her finish her little tirade. It was obvious now that she was interested in playing other games. A clever wench after all, knew more than one trick. And so her mask slipped, and glimpses of her true struggles could be seen. 

“Ah and so the serpent bares its fangs,” he said with a soft voice directed at her. He was not intimidated by her show of bravado. “Those who you’ve had before me, those who you will have after me, are none of my concern.” he said with a soft chuckle. He stood with his neck arched, his eyes and mind focused on her. He felt intensely invested now to see this little charade through. 

“The secret dear is this.” He said with a chuckle before continuing “Life is nothing but temporary bliss, you curse yourself to unhappiness by seeking anything else. All there is, is the moment.” The interaction had taken a turn for the serious. Her attitude had riled a response within him. Whether it was exactly what she was seeking, was yet to be seen.

“Take the mask of Fever, and maybe then you’ll know what you truly desire.” He didn't break his intense eye contact, he would not be intimidated by her. The continuous trickle of cold rain down his sides was making him irritable. What was once a fun game had started to turn into a serious conversation. 

“I suspect what you desire is a continuous flow of meaningless distraction, that you can use to propel your sense of worth above those that are around you. That you focus on the shallow flesh, and miss out on an emotional connection.” his booming laughter echoed, he couldn’t wait until she responded. It was now her turn with the gun.

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Messages In This Thread
Desert Tempest - by Jarek - 01-27-2022, 11:00 PM
RE: Desert Tempest - by Fever - 01-28-2022, 01:38 AM
RE: Desert Tempest - by Jarek - 01-28-2022, 02:35 AM
RE: Desert Tempest - by Fever - 01-29-2022, 05:34 PM
RE: Desert Tempest - by Jarek - 02-06-2022, 10:10 AM
RE: Desert Tempest - by Fever - 02-14-2022, 04:32 PM
RE: Desert Tempest - by Jarek - 02-21-2022, 09:07 PM
RE: Desert Tempest - by Fever - 03-02-2022, 08:21 PM
RE: Desert Tempest - by Jarek - 03-09-2022, 12:47 AM
RE: Desert Tempest - by Fever - 03-11-2022, 07:28 PM