Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Desert Tempest

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline nastyalicorn [PM] Posts: 37 — Threads: 8
Signos: 2,210
Day Court Entertainer
Female [she / her / hers]  |  10 [Year 501 Summer]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 33  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

temptable2
rip and smash through the hornet's nest

do you understand I deserve the best?

but you'll do what I want, do what i please

and do it again til I get what I Need
Yes, serpent is accurate – but she had yet to bare her fangs.

Fever was simply toying with her food.

Every word that falls out of Jarek’s mouth is carefully analyzed, she is studying him, trying to decipher if he is worth her time. She’s already factored that he is a titan of a stallion, towering over most, dwarfing her in height and sheer muscle mass. 

Gosh, if he really wanted to crush her, he could have by now. But he chose not to – why?

“Those I’ve had before you, and after you? Jarek, are you assuming I’ll have you?” she asks in feigned naivety, flashing him a charming smile as she throws his own words back to him, insinuating that he wished to have her. "I'm flattered."

And she would continue to listen as the rain fall increases horrendously, as if the skies raged at their conversation, the heavens themselves forbidding their conversation. Fever listens to his secret, his key to life, and an invisible brow raises. She can’t help but quirk her refined head slightly, bemusement settling on her face before evaporating into nothing intelligible. 

Underneath a prolonged blink, she rolled her eyes. He asks her to take off the mask, as if it was only the mask the guarded the fortress of her heart and headspace – as if she hadn’t spent her entire life erecting walls in order to protect herself.

Fever was a labyrinth of savage emotions, wild whims and conflicting forces; her depths were unfathomable, and only an idiot would dare tread these waters. The only benefit she offered was being conveniently wrapped up in a pretty package. She very seldom offered anything beyond the surface – her tactical mind and sharp tongue were her own weapons, and she didn’t wish to be wielded. 

At the announcement of his speculations, Fever stifled her smirk, biting down on the inside of her lip, careful to conceal her devious simper. She blinked away the raindrops of her lashes, feeling them fall down the curve of her cheekbones like tears. 

It had been years since she cried.

She’d look up to him, quiet, stewing on what she was choosing to say to him. Jarek had just said that the secret of life was temporary bliss, that living in the moment was the only happiness worth pursuing – Fever would agree with that sentiment as she was a hedonist, the pursuit of pleasure and happiness was all she chose to seek – but she thought he had contradicted himself by saying all she was after meaningless distraction.  And maybe a sliver of him was right - not about the distractions, but the needing for emotional connection. She missed her mother with an ache that she'd never share with another stranger. Temper was always on her mind. And if he could snap his finger and materialize Temper out of thin air, then sure, Fever would kiss his feet and do whatever he wanted for the rest of his life.

It was a shame he couldn't.

Fever’s jaw tensed, her gaze purposefully falling to the ground, suddenly bashful under his stare, her ears drooping slightly in defeat. With a tender sigh, she prepares to give her best performance yet.

“Wow, Jarek," her voice is soft lies, hushed and maiden-like in nature. "You’ve impressed me, you’ve figured me out. Maybe I really am just a lost lamb looking for bonding. You seem wise, so tell me, what should I do next?”

Depending on his answer, perhaps she would be wise to listen to the sky and seek shelter away from him, end their conversation while her neck remained in tact. Give him the satisfaction of being top dog as he slaps his words of wisdom on her and then she would be on her way - maybe Solis was finally trying to look out for his little sunspot.

It didn’t matter, Fever was always one to tempt the fates.

@Jarek
CODE IMAGE

[Image: 45505141_kShAGp5UVRG2Lvt.png]

i am a forest fire; i am the fire and i am the forest
and i am a witness watching it

Messages In This Thread
Desert Tempest - by Jarek - 01-27-2022, 11:00 PM
RE: Desert Tempest - by Fever - 01-28-2022, 01:38 AM
RE: Desert Tempest - by Jarek - 01-28-2022, 02:35 AM
RE: Desert Tempest - by Fever - 01-29-2022, 05:34 PM
RE: Desert Tempest - by Jarek - 02-06-2022, 10:10 AM
RE: Desert Tempest - by Fever - 02-14-2022, 04:32 PM